Bank Security...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

The banks, like airports, appear to take security very seriously. Scratch the surface though and those in charge are as thick as a nuclear bunker.  Changing address but lacking proof (yet) of my new address Lloyds International refused to change the address.

No problem; I do it all online so it's not even a minor inconvenience. But, I had no wish to have my bank statements, etc sent to an address at which I now no longer live. There's people I don't know coming and going. I told the clerk this and told her simply to no longer send my mail to that old address. She couldn't, without having a new address.

Unbelievably they will continue to send my bank statements and such to an address I no longer live at; despite my telling them I no longer live there. Hardly any wonder they couldn't run a whelk stall withoutt it going bankrupt in a week.  

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 8:04 PM by John 777 Star rating in West Midlands. 109 posts Send private message

Mike,

Were you visiting your branch when you tried to change the address or, was this on the phone? Unfortunately changes of address including surpressing statements are very common actions by fraudsters. The latter as it can hide their actions for weeks if not months.

If you were at your branch and had ID with you such as a passport, then you should not have had a problem. A change of address via a banks online system is also frequently possible as you have to sign in with password security etc. Sorry, but suspect they may have been trying to protect you. I don't work for Lloyds but do work in the banking industry and you would be amazed at what fraudsters will get up to to try and empty an account.

John

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 8:24 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Thanks John...  We were in the Fuengirola branch of Lloyds TSB (our bank). I had the lot with me; padron for Torrevieja home; residencia, which I apparently do not have to change for it covers all of Spain.  My NIE number and my Lloyds plastic. The only thing I didnt have was solid proof, such as a utility bill, of where we now live. It's an informal arrangement; sharing and looking after a friend's property. So, utility bills are unavailable.

I wouldn't mind but as I do my banking online it was of little consequence to me. I just thought it sensible to let them know I had chaned address....   I was doing them a favour; being mindful of security! Telling them not to send any more bank mail to my old address. The whole world and its dog passes through it now! 

No, they couldn't do it; the mail will continue to be sent to an address which I no longer live at; they say they cannot stop the mail. They can sop it going to the old address only hen I comply and provide them with proof of my new address here on the Costa del Sol. Say I was going on holiday for three months, which  often do? Crazy.

I told them I wuld in future keep a minimum in it and use my UK bank account instead. They weren't moved by it. Thanks for yor input, John. Mike

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
26 Sep 2011 10:32 PM by John 777 Star rating in West Midlands. 109 posts Send private message

Have to agree does sound crazy. I have got accounts at two diferent banks in Spain & changed our address with both this summer without any of the problems you describe. Suspect the member of staff at Lloyds International may not be following internal instructions correctly. If there is anyone out there that works for Lloyds perhaps they could comment.

John

Like 0      
27 Sep 2011 9:23 AM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

I had such problems with Halifax/Lloyds that I closed the account.

My present bank Cajamar - I can turn on and off  'paperless' so nothing gets sent to my home when I want.

I then just print what I want off of the internet banking system .... which I find beats hands down most other banks for its functionality.

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
27 Sep 2011 10:09 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I bank with halifax now lloyds international.

I used the torrevieja branch when I lived in

costa blanca.

now I live in costa calida and use the los

alcazares branch.

changed address easily and have had no problems

with other transactions.

I find them very helpful.

I also use the online banking

maybe you just got an awkward member of staff

This message was last edited by formentera costa on 27/09/2011.

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Terminally ill - 13 posts
Taxis - 3 posts
the Rowleys - 3 posts
List for transponders please - 4 posts
Looking for a good local book keeper. - 3 posts
Thought 5 months was a holiday?? - 11 posts
usa visa - 0 posts
Wanted Dining Room Table & 4 Chairs - 1 posts
Sue Spanish Builder/Bank in UK? - 13 posts
Anyone in Marbella do me a favour? - 2 posts
Things you need to known about your Cell Phone - 3 posts
Looking to buy Property in Malaga, Spain - 6 posts
Moving to Spain - 6 posts
I received letter from Agencia Tributaria saying I have a fine - but for what? - 14 posts
Land sitter/land wanted for rent for campervan. - 2 posts
Getting your deposit back? Tenant rights - 3 posts
Campsite work - 1 posts
Is this the bottom of the market - 1 posts
amplifier for satellite dish - 1 posts
Driving down to El Faro Mijas first time. - 10 posts
Couple from Barnsley S.Yorks - 3 posts
TOMTOM TRUCK SATNAV IDEAL FOR CARAVAN AND CAMPER VANS - 0 posts
Internet in la zenia - 2 posts
Place selling wine near Aspe - 3 posts
Patrimonio - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x