Selling without an agent

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

I've read on the forum that it is possible to sell a property without an agent or solicitor providing that is you understand about the plus valia and so on.  Let's say, for example, that I have a buyer, but don't have a clue what to do next (other than approach an agent and/or solicitor) how could I find out about the paperwork that needs to be done?  

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 10:01 AM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Hi coleen,

All you can do is ask everyone, the problem with that is everyone will say something different.

If i was you i would try and negotiate a good rate with a lawyer and let them take care of it.

Joan

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 11:39 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Coleen

Yes - if you know what you are doing then you don't need lawyer. But if you don't speak Spanish and you don't know what you are doing then you definitely need a lawyer.

If the buyer has a Spanish lawyer (who does not speak English) how will you communicate with him or know what he is asking you.

Also if there is a mortgage on the property then someone has to deal with the canellation and work with bank etc so there will be discussions on that etc - maybe retentions to be agreed etc

But you don't have to pay scale fees - shop around and get a quote.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 11:58 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Colleen,

try to obtain the book.............THE CONVEYANCING FRAUD...........Michael Joseph

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 12:27 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi,

I think that yu could sell your property without an agent, but I don't think it would be wise to sell without the use of a solicitor, if you have never done it before, then you could miss something very important.

If you are from the UK, ask yourself the question - would you sell without a solicitor in the UK? - if the answer is no, then why do it in a Country were you do not know the laws and procedures and maybe do not speak the legal language.

Dave

Like 0      
01 Feb 2011 8:01 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi one and all,

And very many thanks for your helpful posts.  There are a lot of good and important points there and I shall try and get the book, it is a subject I am interested in!

Looking at that, I will almost certainly go through a solicitor and shop around for fees.  I have bought property in Spain myself and speak the language, having lived here for 10 years but even so, an English speaking solicitor would be a bit more belt and braces if needed, particularly with a view to legal-speak.  

There isn't a mortgage involved and theoretically (!!!) it should be quite straight forward which is why I wondered if we could keep it simple ... but we all know how these things are. 

Thank you!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Think you can do better! - 8 posts
Places to stop Northern Spain - 1 posts
Grandkids! Funny aren't they? - 0 posts
Restaurante Kampai - 0 posts
Best website to advertise your property on - 4 posts
Insurance and changing to spanish plates? - 17 posts
having friend in spain.. - 0 posts
Sunday Times/SanSebastian - 0 posts
Looking for work - 5 posts
moveing to spain - 15 posts
Banks and Bank Guarantees...Is this another step in the right direction. - 13 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance - 45 posts
Which supermarkets sell bread flour? - 5 posts
Ladies Hockey on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Man with a van Altea area - 0 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance. - 0 posts
Trouble with room safe - 1 posts
Certificate of habitation for a finca needing total restoration - query - 6 posts
Baking on order - 1 posts
Pigeons...... - 6 posts
New "Search" Bar - 2 posts
President & Committee Guidelines - 1 posts
Directions from Alicante Airport to Vera Playa - 1 posts
WiFi in Spain - 0 posts
Excellent Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x