Pigeons......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of pigeons....Everytime I return to our house in spain for a break I have to spend hours cleaning the terraces and pool area removing poo!!!! tons of it everywhere. And nests on top of my A/C units.....even baby pigeons on one occasion. 

I hate them, my 16 month grandson ended up in hospital because he ate some!!!!!! poo thats is not pigeon.

Any advise would be fantastic

thanks 

This message was last edited by sterling on 28/01/2011.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2011 4:01 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi Sterling

A piece of lead behind the ear normaly gets rid of pigeons, you put it there with a 12 bore!

Regards

Tech

Like 0      
28 Jan 2011 5:24 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Sterling - this is a huge problem in our urbanisation and I'm afraid Tech's solution, though tempting, is illegal!

We have blocks of apartments back to back with small openings in the gallerias which provide the perfect environment for nesting pigeons.  We can't net the area because the blocks are at different heights and we can't put spikes on all the edges or close up the openings because most of the properties have been repossessed and the banks don't maintain them.  Even if we wanted to pay for spikes to be installed on their behalf, we can't get access to the back of the buildings as the access is through the properties themselves!

I read about a sonic device with a motion censor which gives out a cry of a pigeon in distress or a bird of prey, so we may explore something like that which doesn't mean we need to access every property.  We have a pest control company involved but so far they have just told us what won't work!!

So those are your options - nets, spikes or a sonic system. 

Good luck!

Like 0      
28 Jan 2011 9:04 PM by bbbreakfast Star rating in Bristol and Playa Fl.... 56 posts Send private message

bbbreakfast´s avatar

Find a friendly hawk owner who may fly his bird as a deterent.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 12:19 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

amazon do pigeon scarers

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 2:21 PM by joanniemac Star rating. 241 posts Send private message

Sterling, I hope you wear a mask when cleaning up the mess! Pigeon poo is very dangerous to humans, it can cause serious respiritory complaints, so always wear a mask when clearing it up. Cheers Joanniemac

Like 0      
29 Jan 2011 4:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

how about putting out a large piece of stone with pigeon food on it covered in pepper?, then they'll eat the food and sneeze so hard they'll bash their brains out on the stone!

.....sorry

philevens idea sounds good?. A scarer like farmers use would probably work well?. They are loud though as 12 bore blanks are often used and might scare the living daylights out of people as well as pigeons?. I don't know if a quieter version is available that's still loud enough to frighten off pigeons?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New "Search" Bar - 2 posts
President & Committee Guidelines - 1 posts
Directions from Alicante Airport to Vera Playa - 1 posts
WiFi in Spain - 0 posts
Excellent Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
new resident in velez malaga - 0 posts
Military Service - 1 posts
Padron - 76 posts
Pelayo Insurance company - 0 posts
Washing Machines, Inverters and generators - 10 posts
Hospital Quiron Malaga - 2 posts
Lunchtime Surf - 3 posts
Navarre Appeal Court says Banks have no rights.... - 4 posts
Qualified Boiler Technician Needed Murcia - 0 posts
property management inland murcia - 1 posts
The Bank cannot execute further than the mortgaged house - 6 posts
EOS in IE8 has gone a bit squiffy! - 13 posts
FOR SALE MOTHERCARE MOSES BASKET and lots of baby clothes, equipment and toys - Javea Costa Blanca - 0 posts
BARGAIN FOR SALE BMW 645CI coupe Right Hand DRive Every extra conceivable ONLY 20,000 Euro - 0 posts
BARGAIN - FOR SALE NISSAN NOTE 1.4 LHD 3500 EUROS IN JAVEA, COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Increase of rent due to IPC/CPI - spanish one or not - 3 posts
Ocean View Properties - 3 posts
Community fee help - 9 posts
Cancelling my telephone service - 12 posts
coming to a Town near you!!?? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x