Check your spare!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I meant to post this when I got back last month.

Having collected my car from Auriga Crown, I drove to the apartment.  I heard a rattling sound from the boot area so decided to investigate next day. I expected to find the jack loose and in need of putting back in place. Instead I found no spare wheel!!! All that was in the wheel well (and rattling around) was a tin of trye weld!!

May have been a one off, but could also be another cost cutting exercise. These foams are fine for a small puncture, but what happens if you get a full blown blow out? No wheel to replace. Also, what if the previous renter has already used the gunk and not coughed? You are only supposed to drive a maximum of 50 miles with this stuff. I'd rather have a flat spare from the previous than a tyre waiting to deflate again, or worse..

Mark

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 8:38 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Not only that, but motorists need to be aware (and I'm sure that most are) that "spares" these days are only of the space saver type and that the advised speed limit I believe is 50mph, and not to be used to do any more than 50 miles distance.  Snookered all round!!!!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 8:38 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Not only that, but motorists need to be aware (and I'm sure that most are) that "spares" these days are only of the space saver type and that the advised speed limit I believe is 50mph, and not to be used to do any more than 50 miles distance.  Snookered all round!!!!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 10:45 AM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

It is also worth noting that some, if not most, new cars are not supplied with a spare wheel.

I have a new Citroen and no spare was provided only the emergency 'tyre weld'. This is standard and I believe is the case with other makes Renault, Peugeot etc.

You can of course as an extra (extra cost) purchase a spare. I have done this and it is strange that the manufacturers make the car with a facility to store the wheel??

Apparantly this is quite legal and I would suggest the hire companies are not going to pay for any 'extras'.

So please check any hire car preferably when booking.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties - 98 posts
friends - 0 posts
Green light for Santa Maria Green Hills - 1 posts
A Demanda de Embargo - 13 posts
Gillian McKeith Song. ('I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' 2010) - 8 posts
International cooking at Christmas - 0 posts
want spainish teacher - 1 posts
Life Insurance - any recommedations? - 6 posts
Should i see the mortgage deed before completion? - 4 posts
Furniture restorer needed - Malaga Province or south Cadiz - 4 posts
WAECO Portable Fridge/Freezer -17'C - 0 posts
English website for Hondon valley - 0 posts
Christmas Menu at Charo, Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Mortgage Information - 8 posts
Electricity - changing over to dual rate - 5 posts
Dog Kennel in andalusia - 1 posts
Community payments - who decides how much? - 7 posts
what's it like at christmas - 6 posts
Alldays Supermarket in Algorfa - 1 posts
voting in Spain - 1 posts
Anyone found a digital camera between Cabopino and la Cala? - reward - 0 posts
What phone and Internet provider is the best - 11 posts
Is a NIE necessary? - 6 posts
memory foam mattresses - 13 posts
Swiss army knife - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x