Electricity - changing over to dual rate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Has anyone done this recently?

It used to be only a matter of changing meter box to accommodate 2 meters which meant putting in the new metal door boxes etc.

But on a recent enquiry Endesa are saying it would require a new bolitin which would mean the changover to dual rate would be quite expensive if it also meant upgrading installation etc

I don't know if it was just a bad day and some half brained chica on a 902 number but it did seem they were not encouraging this plan anymore.

This is Fuengirola as it probably varies for every Town etc!!

Like 0      
23 Nov 2010 3:58 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

No , apparently with endesa at the moment even if you want to increase or decrease your supply they insist on a new boletin. In fact if you want to do anything  it's a new boletin !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2010 4:12 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

guslopez - thanks for your comment.

yes - that's pretty much what I'm hearing - bolitin - bolitin - bolitin!

it might be a valid point if you want to increase power but just to change how consumption is recorded?

The electricians must love all the work Endesa are putting their way!

Like 0      
23 Nov 2010 9:36 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Possibly some of this may come about because of changes in the law relating to electricity supplies and installations were introduced in 2006 and 2007.

Since many properties were constructed before this time, they are most probably not in conformance with the latest regulations and insisting on a new boletin is a way of making property owners play catch up.

In any event switching to a dual system will involve a new contract and as I found out, all new contracts require a new boletin.

Be advised too, that if you are not in possession of a Licence of First Occupation, the installing authority may decline a new contract application.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
24 Nov 2010 10:24 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Yes - but it would seem to be that no matter what anyone tries to do in Spain to reduce cost or monthly outgoings it ends up costing them a lot of money up front.

Anyone who has lived in the UK knows we simply log on to sites like you www.uswitch.com or www.moneyspuermarket.com or pick up the phone and change suppliers or tariffs etc.

But in Spain to make even the slightest change to a contract you almost need to engage a lawyer and go before a notary!

Buyers are paying more in Spain to set-up or transfer utility accounts alone than we pay in the Uk for full conveyancing.

and my biggest gripe is the rain forest I need to cut down each time I visit any office with a copy of practically every document known to mankind and I have still been unable to find out where it all gets filed - that alone probably keeps another army of civil servants employed.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 9:56 AM by El Alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

At the start of last year I had a dual meter fitted by iberdrola at my property.

This was mainly to cover the electricity needed to run my Pool pump filter which is now set to run on the off peak tariff.

At the end off 2009 my saving amounted to €70.

The cost for me to have the meter fitted €22..... I made the call and it was fitted within 3 days and I wasn’t even in Spain at the time.

JB

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dog Kennel in andalusia - 1 posts
Community payments - who decides how much? - 7 posts
what's it like at christmas - 6 posts
Alldays Supermarket in Algorfa - 1 posts
voting in Spain - 1 posts
Anyone found a digital camera between Cabopino and la Cala? - reward - 0 posts
What phone and Internet provider is the best - 11 posts
Is a NIE necessary? - 6 posts
memory foam mattresses - 13 posts
Swiss army knife - 2 posts
Does anyone ask their lawyer to do the utilities connection - 14 posts
dacion en pago - 6 posts
Where to buy furniture - 3 posts
Christmas in La Cala Hills, Nr Mijas - 6 posts
Royal Engagement Facebook Fail - 1 posts
Who sells Gazebo's - 4 posts
Car washing - 3 posts
Iams Dog Food - 4 posts
Just booked a flight from Leeds Bradford to Murcia - March Ryanair - 0 posts
Winter flights from Alicante with Monarch - 0 posts
UK car hire - 6 posts
How to transport furniture from UK to Costa Blanca? - 7 posts
Web site for San Cayetano - 5 posts
Ryanair - Bournemouth to Malaga - 3 posts
pine furniture - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x