costa calida

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by chrisdevon1 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

please can anyone help me with any advice on places visit  etc on  costa calida especially near  los alcazares. also any general advice please such as restaurants/cafe recommendations, supermarkets  near calle de la tarbaca. any help greatly appreciated as this is my first time to costa calida. also does anyone know any good sites for tourist information.

regards

chris

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 4:16 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Chris

This is the official Murcia region tourist website: http://www.murciaturistica.es/en/tourism.home.  The link goes to the English version, in case you don't speak much Spanish!  There is an English website which also covers the Murcia region, particularly from the expat point of view: http://www.simplynetworking.es/index.php.  Sorry that I can't help with specific queries about the area as we live in Jumilla, which is in northeast Murcia, although we are going to Los Alcazares for a couple of days in mid November (we are running the Race for Life).  We also stayed on the La Manga strip for a week in March, however I am sure there are locals who can provide you with a lot more information than we can!

Are you thinking of moving to the area or is this just a holiday?

Regards.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 5:59 PM by dominick Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

hi chris

look on los-alcazares.com for info on bars/restaurants etc.pm me for specifics and let me know if you are hiring a car,what you want to do etc.

regards dominick

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 12:30 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

You have been given some very good websites for the area, for restaurants also look at

http://puertomarinaowners.com/Owners/Restaurants/Index.html

The area itself used to be devoted to farming and some mining is fairly flat and is not the most picturesque in Spain, though mountains surround you and some of the best beaches are to be found here.

Los Alcazares is not a large or even a pretty town but has a stunning beach and 5Km promenade, great for kids, sailing, cycling,walking.  Hotel Encarnacion on the prom is worth a treat, most others bars are beach type bars

Old town has a number of good Spanish restaurants and tapas bars and is centred near to the Town Hall

Newer town is built as a pedestrian precint near to the 525 Hotel and features many different restaurants small shops, banks and bars, more British feel

I lIke restaurant El Patio and Flavours

The main tourist office is near Urb Oasis email losalcazares@marmenor.net also try turismo@marmenor.net

Cartagena is 30 mins away and great place to visit as well as Murcia City if you have a car which I think is necessary

La Manga strip is a little boring, 20Km of high rise buildings but Cabo de Palos nearby is worth a visit as is the national park of Calblanque near La Manga golf resort.

All the towns on the Mar Menor such as Santiago de la Ribera, Lo Pagan and San Pedro  have attractions including spas and mud baths and markets but are small

Torrevieja may appeal to some is 30 mins north can be busy depending on time of year

Jumilla is supposed to be the place to visit for vineyards but must be an hour or so away as is the Old Spa town of Fortuna and the mountains of Sierra Espuna are worth a trip.

Get a decent map and guide of the area

Golf in the area is very good but as always, pricey, sailing is superb, in fact the whole area is one of the best kept secrets in the whole of Spain

Hope this helps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Waiting for a sentance from the court - 31 posts
Paro help! - 3 posts
Weather Report - 2 posts
Registering your rental property in Murcia - 7 posts
hi everybody, I've lived in the valencia region for 10 years. - 5 posts
BEWARE Crown Foreign Currency - 9 posts
Majestic Village Casares - 3 posts
Where do I fit ? - 8 posts
Rubber Flooring for Children´s Play Area - 2 posts
UK Debt Collection Agencies - 5 posts
Legal tip 354. Northern europeans come to Spain to live and undertake initiatives - 0 posts
Hyundai H1 7 seater - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 FOR SALE - Great price! - 1 posts
FREE AT LAST!! - 3 posts
ITV Homes from Hell - 18 posts
building work - 3 posts
How Typical is pre-Completion "Terror"? - 3 posts
Iberdola - 6 posts
For sale Peugeot 206 1. 9 diesel - 0 posts
Hoping to buy a 7 seater spanish reg. - 2 posts
Gas Bottles for Sale - 1 posts
Self Employed or Limited (SL) Company? - 3 posts
Two Men And A Rover 400 - 34 posts
brisas del mar apartments in formentera del segura - 4 posts
New house alarm for sale (Costa Blanca South) - secure your home now. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x