How Typical is pre-Completion "Terror"?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by lonegroover Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Anyone else get freaked out as their completion date approached or is just me?

I'd be very interested to hear about your experiences, especially if you were blowing hot and cold about the whole thing.

How did you feel on completion, and would you do it again?

If you decided to pull out, are you glad you did?

Like 0      
30 Sep 2010 9:39 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

My nerves were shot to pieces the 1st time, as I didn't leave anything to anyone 'in the loop'.

I kept in constant contact with everyone involved, on a daily basis, several times a day, personally making sure that everything, and I mean everything we could do to ensure we completed, got done. In fact the only respite they got was from Friday afternoon until Monday morning... as nothing in Spain gets done from 1pm Friday until 8am Monday.

The second time I relaxed a bit... and only got in contact with everyone once a day!

I think that everyone concerned also made sure that completion took place on schedule... just so they didn't have to deal with me for a day longer! LOL!

However on both days, on the day of completion... bag of nerves... did we do this and did we do that? What if this and what if that? In the end it was no wonder I had a drink to celebrate... I needed a drink full stop!

As we now live in Spain in our 2nd purchase, do I want to go through it again? Not for many years... unless I win the Euro-millions on Friday! In which case I will probably buy an Island and move lock, stock and barrel.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 7:18 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Maybe the help of a good, honest, independent lawyer will help you to calm down and have the confidence you need.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 9:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

My original "terror" the first time was because we didn't really have enough money to buy the apartment! 

I know, I'm one of those muppets that that left their brain at the airport.

Other than that, as long as you can afford the property and everything is in place (as Maria says, having a good lawyer helps) I shouldn't think there's any reason to be terrified by it all.

Mind you, the notary is quite an experience!

Best of luck with your completion.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Iberdola - 6 posts
For sale Peugeot 206 1. 9 diesel - 0 posts
Hoping to buy a 7 seater spanish reg. - 2 posts
Gas Bottles for Sale - 1 posts
Self Employed or Limited (SL) Company? - 3 posts
Two Men And A Rover 400 - 34 posts
brisas del mar apartments in formentera del segura - 4 posts
New house alarm for sale (Costa Blanca South) - secure your home now. - 3 posts
Retentions - 1 posts
Salou Nightlife - Mid October? - 0 posts
Calls/ texts from 1444 - 1 posts
Inheritance - 9 posts
Mortgage to release funds - 5 posts
Marbella to Tarifa - 6 posts
Lack of Bank Guarantees. Bank´s responsability. Case Law - 118 posts
Regular cheap deliveries to & from Spain - 0 posts
Friday Night With Luton Town - 6 posts
In words of one syllable please?? - 2 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
question for Moreosdo (I think) - 17 posts
Changing internet provider - 48 posts
Iveco Daily 3500kg XLWB - 1 posts
Beware of distressed properties on sale - 25 posts
One Year On - 1 posts
Tax advice - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x