Property prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2010 1:42 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Technoape,

Sorry, I had misunderstood your original post.  I thought you were talking about actual valuations.  We all know that those government figures are fantasy valuations.  Looking on idealista.com, 1000-1500 looks like the going rate at the moment, although this is based on asking prices.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2010 7:17 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

However if you look at the bottom of the page in your link, just under the last listing on all pages, it says:

precio medio en esta zona 1.958 eur/m²

Which is not much less than what I posted.

Yes there are still many bargains out there, but most of these are either small build, sub-standard build or in an undesirable location, a mixture of all three, and/or bank repossessed or desperate seller!

I do know that banks are working on the value I quoted, however they are instructing their own valuers to lower the valuation as much as possible, a trick that banks have been using for some time, in order to lessen their own risk in lending as little as possible. On the other hand, the same valuers are told to up the valuation as much as possible on their own properties, to make them look more desirable to the purchaser.

Re-sale price is mainly down to property size, build quality, desirability, local location (views), amenities (on Urb.) and geographical location (inland or coastal).

Then take into consideration if the seller is desperate to sell or not!

Some prices have fallen drastically, whilst others have not!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 9:24 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Quote from TechNoApe:

That being said, many estate agents have gone out of business, and guess what type of agents they were!

Those that now remain are generally more honest and trustworthy, however when it comes to buying a property here in Spain, or indeed anywhere, never fully trust anyone when it comes to money and business!

People are in business to make money... simple! /End quote

I totally agree with you. It's better to do your own homework rather than relying on anyone. who doesn't always tell you everything you want to know.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 3:56 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

You are both right poor properties are for sale at less than 100000 euros in manilva and that drags down further the prices of other properties in the area, it was over sold on the disneyworld hype and its in my opinion way to far from the airport it will take 20 years to establish itself like MIJAS COSTA for example my advice is always buy in small communitys of less than 75 apartments always try and gain a seaview this can add 20% in value in most cases never ever buy off plan and always risk as little of your own money as possible common sense really.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2010 11:54 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Rod, personally I think Mijas Costa, Miraflores, Calahonda, etc are not being dragged down by other places, I think it is because they themselves are pretty inaccessible without a car. We all have our favourite areas, but once you beyond Fuengirola the public transport is difficult or non-existent.

Dave

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 11:08 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

For  fpegman ,

Thankyou for your somewhat rude comment on 9th Setember regarding my experience in property seeking/ buying.

Its your kind of unhelpful attitude towards others genuine experiences and concerns that perpetuate the whole problem .

Being involved in Estate Agency no doubt colours your thoughts and as has been proved time and again its people like you who simply refuse to consider that just MAYBE potential and genuine purchasers have a very real concern and have every right to question the dubious tactics of SOME not ALL Estate Agents in Spain .

Needless to say I no doubt suspect you of being perhaps an English ex-pat Agent , if that is the case then just maybe you could consider all comments on their merits from genuine people and act like a Professional and not simply answer with needless and crass terse replies which are of no help or informative use to any one else .

If you cant offer useful advice then perhaps it would be best you refrain from offering any , I just hope you show your `clients` a little more respect should they ever have the termerity to actually question your motives, prices and anything else before they either buy or sell through you , not another `old Chestnut` as you seem to think , but a genuine comment , after all not every purchaser can be wrong can they!

If you don`t like comments about what is still a very serious problem then get out of the business and get a real job, were you an Established Property Agent in UK before you thought you could be one in Spain , were you accredited in UK  , did you have experience in Property in UK , have you studied Property and the Market both in UK and Spain , if you were not experienced in UK in the Estate Agency business in what criteria do you think you have what it takes to sell property in Spain apart from knowing anyone can do it with out any experience as we all are well aware of these days , believe it or not people are very well aware of all the problems hence the forums on this site , its all meant to be helpful , informative and helps to protect those who are hoping to buy in Spain , once again your purile comments are of no help to anyone , find another occupation if you are struggling , don`t have a go at the very people who may even consider your services otherwise you won`t sell a thing , there was no personal critisism of you at all, you ventured the rude remark as if no one has a right to question what all those , funny enough` Brit Agents are up to , hit a weak spot did we ?

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 15/09/2010.

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 15/09/2010.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 4:48 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Tio Si's Partner

I was not being unhelpful just pointing out that you had already listed this matter a while ago I am sorry I offended you

In answer to your comments I have been in this business for over 30 years in other locations as well as Spain and  I was also a registered Realtor in Florida where the regulations are very strict.

Also i never get any complaints from my clients as I go out of my way to satify there every request .

Your sole ambition seems to to slag off as many Expats as you can do not forget that if  and I mean if you ever do buy a property you will be an Expat too

That is my last word on this subject.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 4:56 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I also find it strange that someone could be 12 years searching for a property and I dare say there are a few agents in those 12 years cursing you for wasting their time!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 10:44 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Si's Partner,

We respect your input on the matter of 'rogue' estate agents in Spain, but please start another thread on the matter if you want to continue your line of thought!

In this thread we are trying to discuss previous, current and future property prices in Spain, what has happened and what will or may happen now and in the future to change these prices.

We are not discussing ex-pat estate agents and the quality of their service, of which I have been subject to both ends of the spectrum when it comes to service and helpfulness, and yet have found that you get out of the agent what you put in. The more active I became in the search for property, the more active the agents became.

I do believe however that most estate agents, good or bad, will hold the fact that you have searched for 12 years for the perfect area and the perfect property, in a somewhat negative manner and may also consider that you may not be a serious buyer.

At the end of the day, an estate agent is a business person, and people are in business to make money. If a business person feels that you are not serious about your purchase, then you won't get the best performance from them!

If you want the best out of any estate agent, then you need to prove to them that you are a serious buyer, and actively make enquiries in the property market yourself and keep in constant contact with your agent on almost a daily basis. That way the agent will know that you are serious, and will want to help you find that property.

You have to keep in mind that many estate agents here in Spain are jaded to the 'would be dreamer' who wastes an invaluable amount of their time without any real commitment to purchasing a property in Spain.

Shoe on the other foot!

Put yourself in their shoes and what would you think of a person who has been looking, as in your words, on and off for 12 years!

Just playing the devils advocate here and not meant to demean you in any way.

Just please help us all keep topics 'on' topic.

What you have to say about estate agents is invaluable, as you must have dealt with an awful lot over 12 years, so please start another thread where we can all follow you thoughts and advice.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 16/09/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 11:49 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Dear Technoape, please get real and READ the threads instead of only some, do you think we are so bloody stupid as to tell the Agent we have been looking for 12 years! Get real !!.We are just informing others of our experiences over 12 years of looking, we have never actually told the Agents , why should we and why would they need to know anyway !!

We have many friends in various parts of Spain , we have met many Agents also over time and we can honestly say that we have met only ONE who was helpful, informative , honest and upfront and very experienced , one out of dozens in NOT a good average as most would agree , just read all the threads and assimilate all that others have written and discussed , thats all this Forum is about , not having a go at people who are only telling of their experiences.

It goes to show we love Spain very much or we would not be looking , we did give up for a while a couple of years back simply because we kept meeting Brits who would be better placed on a Building Site in UK then a so called Estate Agent , similar to the ones who rushed out , and still do , to run a `Bar` etc even though they have no experience to fall back on , there have been many who realised that there are / were rich pickings instead  to be had from other Brits looking for a property , no cost to the `new Agent` , just read Insight Spain if you don`t believe us !! Just let it go mate cos` we are bored gutless with people like you and the other moron who accused me  of another `rant` , suprise suprise , it was an Agent !!!! A Brit no less !!

If there are any Good Agents in the North Costa Blanca we would very much like to hear from them or about them , Manty Thanks Readers x

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 16/09/2010.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 11:58 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Si's partner

I think you have a credibility issue and agents get good at spotting tire kickers from those that will buy.

It may be you have acquired a reputation as a couple who will never buy or take the final plunge and some agents do talk. I have even see a blacklist circulated amongst agents more so aimed at fraudesters or rental scammers etc but other names do find their way onto that list also .....

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 3:17 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Si's partner,

You are mistaking the term 'threads' for the term 'posts'. What I am doing now is posting in a thread, which is entitled "Property Prices".

If you've only met 'one' estate agent who was helpful, informative , honest and upfront and very experienced then either you or your expectations are far too lofty!

It is you that should 'get real'. Any estate agent will ask you if this is the first time you have looked at property in this area, and most, if not all, may even ask "been looking long?". Why? Because they don't want to waste their time with people who have a pipe dream, and anybody such as you who have been looking 'off and on for 12 years' I'm afraid would be considered so!

If your not honest with your agent, how the hell do you expect them to be honest with you!

Here on the Costa Del Sol I can rattle off a dozen or so 'good' estate agents, and I myself have dealt with quite a few over the years since we started looking, but then again here we are five years after we started looking and we are already on our second purchase!

Further from your post:

"Just let it go mate cos` we are bored gutless with people like you and the other moron who accused me  of another `rant` , suprise suprise , it was an Agent !!!! A Brit no less !!"

How dare you state the you are 'bored gutless' with people like me, who tell it like it is!

It is people like you that can't stand to be challenged on their views, as people like you consider yourselves authorities on buying property in Spain, when you haven't even purchased one property in 12 years! We have purchased property twice within the last five years, so who do you think people are more likely to consider have valid points on purchasing property in Spain, and who is a good estate agent?

A person such as me, who has purchased twice in Spain and has given valid opinions for over five years on this forum.

A person such as fpegman who is an estate agent in Spain with many years experience and gives their advice freely on this forum.

A person like yourself, who can't even decide after 12 years what property to buy!

If you haven't purchased after that length of time, I also doubt your integrity when it comes to actually wanting to buy a property in Spain!

Lastly, as I stated in my last post, please start a new thread regarding Estate Agents in Spain or indeed go to this one:

What do we really think of Estate Agents in Spain

and start posting in their.

Stop hijacking threads which have nothing to do with what you are talking about, and stop having a go at people who disagree with your opinion, such as myself, after all this is what a forum is all about - you express and opinion and others will agree or disagree!

PS. And yes! I did read every line of every post you made! However if is obvious that you do not read all the posts made in this thread!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 16/09/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2010 3:59 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I agree and I'm not overly fond of estate agents but even I could suggest a few decent individuals!

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 9:51 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Well, silly us, if we say we have been looking on and off for 12 years we would not be taken seriously, however , now you suggest that if we aren`t `honest` with Agents we are not going to be taken seriously either , rather a catch 22 situation don`t you think?

Having decided on the area we  now love we of course have NOT been looking in that area for 12 years but 6 months , as ever all we have been shown we did not like , maybe because its all been on the market for about 6-8 years may be a little telling in itself !

We are very particular in what we are looking for, why wouldnt we be , its going to be our permanent home, not a couple of cheap naff `Villas ` to rent out or `speculate` on, we are , like any other very savvy and sensible people , having done our homework and listened to much advice AND funny enough been warned left right and centre by others in the area we like that there are very dubious and less than honest Agents and informed who to be wary of , again , regret to say they were all Brit Agents , its not us my dear saying this , we are grateful for being informed , we don`t wish to waste money or time with Agents who are not actually au fai with the profession they have decided suddenaly to work in because that the only way they can make money , after all , they only need to sell 2 or 3 at 3-5 % to make a reasonable living , Read Intelligence , Spanish Insight , also News on same, very accurate and informative , I recommend this website to all who are considering buying in Spain !

Yes I will have a go at that Agent who just replies with some rude comment, why should anyone put up with an Agent who can`t accept how others have been treated , not us but lots of others who have had serious problems , it may be a rant to him as he puts it but I assure you and him that what we have written over the past has given great amount of information to those who have just begun to look , to be well informed is well armed !!

Why are you buying `another` house/ apartment anyway , not a little specu;lation is it , better than a real job I guess, renting out to other Brits no doubt !

Like 0      
17 Sep 2010 9:58 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Well bored now! Stop ranting and stick to the thread topic or shut up.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying dog accessories in Cadiz / Malaga area - 0 posts
Mallorca - 3 posts
Mijas Costa taxis for 5 people? - 2 posts
Castell de Ferro and Alhambra del Mar development bankruptcy - 4 posts
M & S Interealty, Torrevieja. Jose Maria Mena... - 0 posts
INFO REQUIRED - 2 posts
Mars for the naked eye - 0 posts
ANYONE THINKING OF SELLING THEIR PROPERTY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY. - 30 posts
Lovely apartment - Now reduced to 99 995 euros. - 2 posts
Road from Fuengirola to Alhaurin. - 5 posts
Thought for the day. - 1 posts
tourist train in Guardamar - 0 posts
Eos Team Help, please - 4 posts
Help need to post powerpoint on site - 1 posts
Urgently needed homes for Husky puppies - FREE - 4 posts
Why do cctv and lists of debtors breach data protection rules? - 10 posts
Can you recommend Vincent Real Estate, Benijofar? - 14 posts
What's your one best thing and one worst thing about Spain - 20 posts
looking for holiday apartment,, calahonda - 0 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EYE ON SPAIN - 2 posts
Motorcycle Insurance - 3 posts
I am that Dumb!! - 0 posts
what happens if you ignore dacion en pago and just chuck the keys in? - 0 posts
CAM mortgage rates - 0 posts
Van space from UK to Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 55

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x