Bad news in the U.K.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2010 1:52 PM by tonypullicino Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

Have just managed to have a quick look at EOS,, whilst having lunch in city of London feeling all depressed wishing I was in Spain and read your spats between Bobaol and Normansands,,,,,,absolutely hilarious!!!!!!

Especially the way Bobaol has changed his personal details!!

I would pay to watch you too  trying to have a quiet drink, and watch things progress.

Tony

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 2:51 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Hey, according to bobaol, i am in Normans fan club  ... congrats Norman you got a fan club .  However,  i wont been joining yours i am afraid bobaol as you seem to rant alot .... obviously i do not know all your past histories (and i dont want to) but  in the last few comments i have read, Norman is cool calm and collected but bobaol you hurt my ears .. and thats on a forum.  Sorry.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2010 10:02 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Bob on TP1. For the uninitiated that means 'you are absolutely correct'.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 10:44 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Poppyseed

I think this comes back to the same forum problem. On one hand there are many who feel very bitter about a system that allowed crooks (often in positions of legal trust) to cheat and swindle them, and then cheat them again through the often hopeless justice system.  They continue to fight for justice and point out the facts and often their anger along the way, and  mainly just want understanding and support for their very just cause. It's often very hard for this group to post positive about Spain or feel good about Spain.

On the other hand, there are many who are happy with their situation, and are sick to the teeth of people constantly pointing out the bad aspects of Spain, while seemingly ignoring all the good aspects. Their anger in what they see as constant Spain bashing often results in very positive posts that often sound like they are ignoring those who have lost their life savings or even their homes, and going through hell through no fault of their own.

I think the nature of a site like this encourages those with problems to post the most because they are looking for solutions and help, so there's bound to be more negative than positive threads.

I think we all need to stop and try and understand how others feel and how their posts reflect their reality?.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 11:55 AM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Another thread consigned to the "I lost money in Spain" bin.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 1:11 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

.........so let's not give up so quick?, let's get back on thread!

Bad news in the UK?,   Well house prices are down today, and the weathers fallen to about 22c, and I have had to leave my shorts at home today. Shocking news!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 2:46 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Don't believe everything you read in the papers Goody.

House prices down? Not in Cardiff matey. Must just be you English folk LOL!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 4:28 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Candyfloss

no, I haven't noticed much reduction?.  Was on BBC news though so hopefully can be taken a bit more serious than the papers?. Sounds like a regional change rather than a general countrywide fall if still going up in the west.. 

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 4:51 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/Jul_2010.pdf

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/historical/Q2_2010.pdf

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 5:35 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

No Not happening where we live either. Unless we have it to come and houses do seem to be selling not that their is that many up for sale. 

There are a few new houses not far from us that have just been finished they knocked down a bungalow and built 4 houses on the land, so I am just curious to see if they sell.

Pat

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 5:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

I can only speak as I find, We have been selling consistently since the beginning of the year so can't complain. The prices have been holding their own as we put them on at realistic prices (think that's the trick) and have been getting close to asking prices. Last week we even had a spot of gazumping going on .

Should this be in the good news thread? I can never tell

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 29/07/2010.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 5:59 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

THE REPORT ON DEAR OLD AUNTIE WAS THAT AVERAGE HOUSE PRICES DOWN BY 1 PERCENT LAST MONTH

NOTE AVERAGE PRICES..

THAT ASSUMES REGIONAL VARIANCES.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 6:39 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

You got it one Pat

Not many properties on the market so does make a difference.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2010 9:15 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Gina,

Yes you are probably right if there is not much for sale and it is a popular area, what is available will be snapped up.

Yes I am like you do not know if I should be on this thread or not.   

Not long before you are of to Spain though.

Take care Par 

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 9:55 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Pat

Yes, not long now, going for 3 weeks this time yipeeeeeee   Can't wait.

Ok before anyone says it I'll say it first..............

Have a good weekend all

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 30/07/2010.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 11:36 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Candyfloss

Have a great time.   We are off to South of France for a family holiday a week Friday, so getting exited and i'm nearly packed already!

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 12:06 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi Goodstitch,

Hope you and your family have a great holiday in South of france been a few times mainly to Antibes and always loved it.  Sometimes wish we had considered France for retirement. 

Sorry I know this is off topic, but could not resist. 

Kathy

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 3:05 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Have a great time Goody

We have to wait another 3 weeks Boooo! Still, comes around soooooo quickly. Yaaaaaay!

I think we are on the wrong thread again LOL! Oh well, do we care??

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 6:40 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Candyfloss

thanks and yes, you'll soon be there.

Wrong thread?......oh well.

There's a coincidence. We are staying just outside Antibes, in a vlllage called Biot. I plan to run to Antibes along the beach every morning and have a swim in the sea when I get there before running back for breakfast at Camping du Pylone where we are staying.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Good news in the UK :-) - 82 posts
iPhone, iPad problems - 13 posts
N.I.E PLAYA FLAMENCA - 10 posts
Online check in Ryanair - 16 posts
jet ski hire - 0 posts
90% mortgage required - 5 posts
Cox apartment ref. SP1176 - 0 posts
Administrator at meeting - 0 posts
Birthday thread - 4 posts
Photovoltaic cells - Feeser income tariff - 3 posts
Cedula de Habitation for an old house - 3 posts
Caba de gato & snorkelling - 1 posts
San Javier information - 1 posts
Advice Please on Schools In/Around Calahonda - 13 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN (PITBY) - 5 posts
reposession of my Apt - 2 posts
Problems with the 'Rough Justice again' thread... my previous post has been deleted... !! - 4 posts
moving asap - 10 posts
Erection party. - 2 posts
Driving UK car in Spain - 13 posts
handing keys back - 10 posts
EOS moderators question - 12 posts
Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts
Warning! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 79

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x