Warning!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

My wife and I were in Sanitubo on the Mijas road yesterday choosing some bathroom equipment. When we got out, into the car and travelled only a couple of hundred metres to discover that we had a puncture on the offside rear wheel. I pulled into a driveway and proceeded to change the wheel. The tyre was slit on the wall (a very strange position)

When we got back home, my wife discovered that her bag was missing with Passport, licence, camera, €300, credit cards etc etc.

We immediately called Sanitubo to ask if the bag was there or anyone had seen it, but nothing was there.

We are now of the opinion that the "puncture" may have been intentional and that the bag was taken while we were pre-occupied with changing the wheel.

My wife called the bank to cancel her cards only to be told that someone had tried to use her credit card already. (less than 2 hours later)

We have reported it to the Police in Fuengirola, I think we both know that nothing will be found.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Are we just paranoid?

To be honest, my wife is the most careful person when it comes to bags, purses, keys etc.

Finally, when she called  the embassy in Malaga, she was told that it was a straightforward process to get a temporary passport from them. Has anyone experienced this or got any advice. (Apart from "watch your bag in future)

Thanks

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 11:24 AM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Sadly, I have heard of this.

It is a play on the old trick of pointing out there is something wrong with your car. Being the 'Good Samaritan' and robbing you.

Only on this occasion it would have been obvious there was something wrong as you had a flat. They probably thought you would notice it at Sanitubo and try to 'help' you there. Having said that it could be just an accident with the flat and your wife losing her bag. Possible but unlikely.

A friend of mine who lives in Calahonda had a similar thing happen only this time with a broken light as the 'distraction'

Difficult I know, but try to keep your valuables on your person at all times.

It is sad really as there are genuine people out there who do try to help others in distress. They unfortunately will be looked on with suspicion.

It is my opinion, and only an opinion, but it is unlikely the offenders are Spanish.

Hope everything works out for you and you do not suffer any loss.

Regards

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 8:01 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

unfortunatley crime will be on the increase with so much unemployment as scumbags try and find an income the easiest way they can.You should just be aware and as said keep cash and cards on your person as much as possible and don't carry to much cash.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 8:02 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

The same happened to us 2 years ago in the leroy merlin car park in Malaga.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 12:50 AM by mark and janet Star rating in UK. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Kenny ,  i can understand how you feel.

We have just returned on Tuesday, from staying in a apartment in los dolses, nr villa martin square, La Zenia.  On the Monday morning/ Sunday Night, while we were asleep, someone broke into the apartment and robbed us. My husband had been woken by the thunder and lighting at 5 am, he went into the lounge area and noticed the front door wasn't closed properley. He asked me if i had been out for a cig - i hadn't. He shut the door and returned to bed, looking out of window he noticed the hire car had gone. Putiing two and two together we jumped out of bed!! We had put things on the side board when we came in at night i.e handbag with purse in, wallet ,camera, mobile phone, car and apartment keys. We always closed the shutters and door grill when going out, but whilst we are in we didn't close the door grill - just locked the door, which they  forced open to get in.

We had to knock a neighbour up to report it to the police because we had no money or phone THE SCUMBAG had taken them. we found my bag and another lady's handbag on some steps a few doors to where we were staying - although there was nothing left in the purse and the other lady's purse had no money in but had her credit cards were still there.We gave  her hand bag to the police, i hope she got it back.

Going home the day after, was a relief, because i was scared to go to sleep in case it happened again - I made my husband put the settee to the door and we slept in the lounge. PLEASE - if anybody does leave their grill open at night be prepared for visitors!! My advise would be always lock your grill -  it's suprising how many people leave them open .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mexico, no. Any thoughts/advice on considering a move to the Valencia area? - 9 posts
moving furniture - 1 posts
Toll Fees - 5 posts
Water sports activities for teenagers in Fuengirola - Benalmadena - Torremolinos? - 0 posts
OUT OF AFRICA - 8 posts
White paint - 2 posts
Driving to Spain, - Stopover etc - 6 posts
FIFA Introduce latest goal-line technology! - 1 posts
Property Management - 9 posts
My 1000th post! - 3 posts
bungy - 1 posts
Palmera Properties - 11 posts
England Vs. Germany WHAT A GAME - 8 posts
Good quality tools required... - 4 posts
Justin, help needed, please - 0 posts
Estate agents charging double fees - 1 posts
How do you relax in Spain on a Sunday? - 14 posts
Editing Threads and responses... - 3 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 4 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 6 posts
EasyJet vs Ryan Air - 21 posts
The Senior Driver - 0 posts
Broken LCD Screen on Digital compact Camera - 7 posts
Something a little diffrent! - 7 posts
Ryanair announce new Malaga routes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x