EOS moderators question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Please could I  (& others, not just me) know how many you have? When do you moderate the forum? Do you have certain times of the day or certain days only? Just interested. The forum has experienced such nastiness in at least one thread over a couple of days & I'm just surprised no one from EOS has passed any comment.

I was told by one male very pointedly I shouldn't dictate to others what they should or should not be doing as I wasn't a moderator & I was to lighten up a couple of days ago (I have never claimed to be a moderator  & I was just asking why we had SO many threads on car hire firms, football, etc) then the same person starts telling others what to do himself  so I asked him if HE was a moderator, no answer so I guess not! 

As I understand you want us to take it to a PM & NOT pass comment on the open forum I did use the PM system but received no answer & I didn't expect one.

So, when are we moderated & by whom please? This is a polite question.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2010 10:36 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Morerosado - chin up, I would'nt worry too much about the replies you get from certain individuals as you will always find someone who has a different point of view from yourself and perhaps not too clever at expressing themselves in writing without offending somebody.  After all (apart from legal certainties/advice) that is all we give each other on these threads/forums.

And this only is my point of view

Like 0      
01 Jul 2010 10:47 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jimbo, good morning.

I wasn't 'worrying' about what people say to or about me (especially the one who said that as personally I can't stand him but would never be so rude as to comment likewise about him in such a manner) rather I'd like to know who the EOS moderators are etc ... &, as I said, this is a polite question.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:31 PM by contact Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I would like to ask to EOS Why did you blocked my private messages??? I asked you in many ocassions to activate my private messages  but you are just  ignoring???  does this happened to anyone else ??

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:42 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

As I understand it, people cant send PMs until they have sent a certain number of comments on threads (I think it may be 10) and then they have to request the PM service. Im sure someone else will give you (and me) the right information if I have this wrong

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I understand you need to have posted 10 posts ... there's a thread to add to for that, contact, add to this thread Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members..

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

(I'll NEVER get MY question answered if MY thread's hi-jacked! )

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:50 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It doesn't look like you're going to get a response from Justin.  Not sure why you need to know thisinformation anyway. 

You were asking the same questions last summer as well if I remember correctly.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

What I want to know is nothing to do with you, Sanchez. And if you can't be civil towards me then I suggest YOU take a break as you suggested I did recently!  

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 8:59 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Justin probably doesn't want to answer your questions, so maybe just take the hint instead of asking over and over again.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 9:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As I said ...

What I want to know is nothing to do with you, Sanchez. And if you can't be civil towards me then I suggest YOU take a break as you suggested I did recently!  

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 9:24 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

More, I did see on facebook that Justin had recently retired from a well-deserved break in Italy, so maybe he is still trying to catch up with all his work?  To repeat More's question, I too would be interested in knowing how many moderators EOS have.  It's possible that Justin needs more people to help him, as I find it is a full-time job just keeping fairly up-to-date with what is happening on EOS, never mind having to read everything and edit where necessary!  I don't know how Justin manages it!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Green stuff on chairs - 2 posts
insurance when purchasing. - 3 posts
Warning! - 4 posts
Mexico, no. Any thoughts/advice on considering a move to the Valencia area? - 9 posts
moving furniture - 1 posts
Toll Fees - 5 posts
Water sports activities for teenagers in Fuengirola - Benalmadena - Torremolinos? - 0 posts
OUT OF AFRICA - 8 posts
White paint - 2 posts
Driving to Spain, - Stopover etc - 6 posts
FIFA Introduce latest goal-line technology! - 1 posts
Property Management - 9 posts
My 1000th post! - 3 posts
bungy - 1 posts
Palmera Properties - 11 posts
England Vs. Germany WHAT A GAME - 8 posts
Good quality tools required... - 4 posts
Justin, help needed, please - 0 posts
Estate agents charging double fees - 1 posts
How do you relax in Spain on a Sunday? - 14 posts
Editing Threads and responses... - 3 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 4 posts
Living in Spain, Working P/T in UK - 6 posts
EasyJet vs Ryan Air - 21 posts
The Senior Driver - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x