Tree Cutting Licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2012 11:20 AM by SJG Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I have a large pine tree in my garden which is not only prone to shedding pine needles, which enter the pool and lodge themselves in the impeller of the pump, but the roots have also started to cause damage to brickwork etc.

I thought that I would follow best practice by contacting the town hall to request permission for removal of said tree. After waiting a couple of months for an appointment a town hall represenative arrived at the property, took some pictures and duly disappeared to report back to the town hall.

The next part of the process was fairly quick. After a couple of weeks we received confirmation that we could cut the tree down upon payment of 907.50 euros to the town hall. Almost a thousand Euros for us to cut the tree down which is causing untold problems! Plus of course the fees for felling and removal.

It seems that we are now stuck with the tree and the problems it is causing unless we do stump up a grand. Alternative is to remove it anyway and face a sanction as the town hall are now bound to be watching for us to do just that.

I would like to know if anybody has faced a similar situation regarding the cutting down of a tree??

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BMI flight cancellations - 0 posts
BMI BABY - 0 posts
Gibraltar Border - 3 posts
QROPS Pensions - 14 posts
Legal tip 754. You need to buy again in Spain - 10 posts
Stay with the Company you have got - 1 posts
moneycorp - 5 posts
Shocked at the levels of unemployment - 9 posts
Best Internet deal - 4 posts
Internet in Alora - 0 posts
Solar Panels for water heaters - 11 posts
teleast tv problems - 2 posts
Buy a White Car.... - 5 posts
Altea - 5 posts
Portuguese motorway taxes - 4 posts
Solmar near Murcia Airport - 7 posts
Newspapers in Costa Del Sol - 2 posts
You Have Arrived at Heathrow Airport. Now What? - 4 posts
FAST Adsl Costa Del Sol - 9 posts
Insurance - 5 posts
Debt Recovery in Spain - 2 posts
POSTCODE CORVERA AIRPORT ? - 6 posts
furnishings - 0 posts
As a Pensioner non resident but spending a great deal of time here. Can I register with a doctor/ - 22 posts
Recliner Chair repair in Alicante/Torrevieja area? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x