Telefonica ADSL!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2012 10:31 AM by keith28 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Got fed up with Telefonica's appalling inefficiency and incompetence at dealing with problems they had created, so switched to Telitec. Basic package for line rental and ADSL is 39.99 euros/month for which you get 4mb, free calls to UK up to 2 hours/month and reasonably priced calls in Spain. You also get a UK local 0844 number you can give to your friends and family so they can ring you in Spain for the cost of a local call. All operators are English (I have no problem with the Spanish people but my command of the language is not up to technical issues) and I have had good service so far. I recently upgraded to 10 mb for an extra 5 euros/month.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:03 PM by TenerifeTelecom Star rating in Santa Cruz de Teneri.... 3 posts Send private message

TenerifeTelecom´s avatar

I came across your post through a Google alert I have set-up specifically looking for anything to do with the subject you commented on and I'm pleased for you. So many English speakers have to deal with high prices, ineffectual support and after sales that borders on belligerent.

We have a number of customers connecting in the mainland now and although that is not our primary target it's becoming clear that there is a gaping hole in the telecoms market in Spain for good quality good priced products and after sales support that doesn't treat you like a hostage.

We also provide packages with unlimited UK calls, LoCall numbers such as 0843 and a whole host of other services specifically for the UK ExPat market but rather than come on here and push my own brand what I'd like to do is help where I can as we've been operating for around 1 year now and I also have a number of years experience in Telecoms and IT that may be of use to forum members.

Thanks.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:14 PM by icaru Star rating in Kalkan Turkey. 46 posts Send private message

icaru´s avatar

Generally, if you are not locked into a promotional contract, you only need to call Movistar, aka Telefonica, and tell them you want to stop your current contract and begin a new one at €19,90 + tax monthly.  That is only ADSL with no telephone or TV service. 

We had Trio, we wanted to cancel the TV part of it but keep the ADSL + the landline.  Movistar first quoted me €55 euros / month for just internet and phone, I said no.  Then they asked me how much I was willing to pay for cable TV (cartoons in English plus various other English programs). I said I want to pay only for the ADSL and telephone and nothing for the TV, they agreed.  So now I have Trio with 10MB ADSL internet, cable TV and landline phone for €50.70, IVA included.  This includes free calling time to mobiles.  But if you go to their website, you can sign up for only ADSL for €19,90 plus IVA , monthly.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:24 PM by TenerifeTelecom Star rating in Santa Cruz de Teneri.... 3 posts Send private message

TenerifeTelecom´s avatar

That's strange... I had a call from a Spanish customer today who did just the same but got stiffed. Strange.

My response to him was simple. If they could have provided you with a better price why did they wait until you were ready to cancel.

He's now our customer.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 11:38 PM by icaru Star rating in Kalkan Turkey. 46 posts Send private message

icaru´s avatar

Simple, they preferred to negotiate rather than lose a customer.  I didn't plan to switch, I just planned to reduce the services.  They are willing to negotiate within limits.  I haven't had any problems or bad service from them, just wanted a low rate for high-speed ADSL basically. 

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 12:48 PM by scrounger Star rating in Spain & Afganistan. 5 posts Send private message

scrounger´s avatar

What is an air card or a dongle, anybody know?

This message was last edited by scrounger on 14/02/2012.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 2:18 PM by keith28 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

I'm pretty sure that a dongle is a device that uses the mobile phone netwwork to connect your computer to an internet server so you can go online without using a landline.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 9:19 PM by islaymac Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Surely a 12 month contract should work the same way for both parties? If the contract is 44€ per month for 12 months then if this amount is inctreased within the 12 month period the supplier has broken its side of the contract and the user should be able to opt out of the agreement from that date? Am I being naive?

islaymac

Like 0      
14 Feb 2012 9:21 PM by TenerifeTelecom Star rating in Santa Cruz de Teneri.... 3 posts Send private message

TenerifeTelecom´s avatar

Personally I think it's appaling the way some customers are treated. That's one reason why we launched the Tenerife Telecom Surgery where consumers can come to us with their gripes and problems and hopefully we can help.

For our part we quote prices and stick by them and in many cases reduce the price to the customer if a genuine mistake was made either on our part or theirs in signing up to products they do not need.

Our average price...? 39.90. All in. No hidden costs or price rises after a efw months like some I could mention.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to Portugal via Seville - 9 posts
Which side on the Round-a-bouts? - 39 posts
hows the weather - 4 posts
Property Prices! - 62 posts
Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team - 9 posts
Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts
Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts
Typist Wanted - 0 posts
Have I really won the lottery? - 22 posts
Tax on Rental-Deductions - 8 posts
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR - 2 posts
Crisis?? - 0 posts
Earthquake - 3 posts
Mazarron apartment - 2 bed and 1 bath. - 1 posts
Working in the UK and having shares' dividends in Spain - 1 posts
Working in the UK, with share dividends in Spain - 0 posts
Recommendations for child friendly restaurants - 2 posts
EXPATS WALK FOR THEIR VILLAGE - 0 posts
surina - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x