Cheapest transfer from Alicante airport to Denia area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced transfer from the airport to the Denia area for a family group of seven  ?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 10:06 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Yes i know a very cheap (and picturesque) method ... but it does take a long time (Total of 3 hours for me to Calpe, so i guess 3.5 hours  to Denia).

It is as follows:  

From the airport take the C6 Bus (bus-stop right outside the entrance/exit) directly to Alicante Town.  2.65 Euros pp and 30 mins (runs every 20mins 7am to 11pm i think)

Then take the FGV Tram/Narrow Gauge Railway  from Luceros Station, the C6 bus goes right past it in the centre of Alicante. Then take the L1 (fast) Line directly to Benidorm (runs very regularly throughout the day and takes about 75 mins).  At Benidorm, change platforms and take the Benidorm to Denia train (this is a quite slow train, 30 mins to Calpe, probably another 30 minutes to Denia) .  The whole route is very relaxing and picturesque being a coastal railway and costs (well for me Alicante to Calpe is only 5 euros so Denia is probably another 1.5 euros or so).

It does take along time but it is very cheap and relaxing.  And compared to UK prices an absolute bargain!  And no rip off car hire to deal with

There is also a bus i understand from Alicante Central Bus Station to Denia.  I believe to Benidorm costs 7.5 euros but i do not know anymore as i always go on the train.

Hope this helps. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

This message was last edited by TP1 on 22/07/2011.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 11:49 AM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Thanks TP1 , that sounds a lovely journey, I might try it myself some day.

I have e mailed a few companies and so far airconca is the most reasonable. I was pricing a late night arrival for a group of seven and 3 baby seats are needed so I knew it wasn't going to be cheap but their quote was half theprice of others.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 12:45 PM by wickedpink Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

I can recommend Prestige Tours Spain for airport transfers. Their prices are on their website. Tel: 677609312. Reliable, fully legal and insured British company.

According to website, 130€ plus 10€ for late night. Baby car seats free apparently!

Let us know how you get on?

Loria

Like 0      
22 Jul 2011 4:30 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Thanks for that Loria. I will make a note of their details.

Unfortunately the people who wanted the transfer have changed their minds so I don't need to search any more but the information I have got so far will come in useful.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bancaja to refund deposits paid by the buyers of AUGIMAR for the developments torresblancas, forum y barlovento - 11 posts
Deposits paid by purchasers of the development Castalla International, covered by a banesto's generic guarantee - 3 posts
Generic Guarantee for 3 Molinos resort undercovered - 5 posts
HOME WANTED FOR A 6 WEEK OLD KITTEN - 2 posts
To Justin - 1 posts
gwenholliday - 1 posts
Frightened to ask really?? - 22 posts
Request: Restaurant Recommendations in Calpe and area - 1 posts
Area of Alhama de Murcia - 3 posts
For Justin the boy - 2 posts
Petition To Stop Travel Insurance Companies Denying Immediate Care To Stoke And Heart Attack Patients - 8 posts
State secondarary school - 4 posts
Bureau de change Torrevieja, at last - 3 posts
Should we have the original Escritura de Compraventa (title deed) if we have completed with no mortgage - 10 posts
Sun beds - 2 posts
CPS check Spain - 5 posts
Tax advice on moving to Spain - 2 posts
sewage! - 6 posts
Moving To Estepona - 1 posts
Currency Exchange - 1 posts
disco equipment - 0 posts
walkie talkies adult - 0 posts
A.D CLAIMS & LITIGATION MANAGEMENT - 2 posts
Big Mat - 6 posts
For Justin - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x