Makes you proud to be British - NOT !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2011 12:00 AM by charlie11 Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Having moved to Spain a month ago and thoroughly enjoying it, I failed to see why the British get such a bad press at times? Sitting in a lovely beach front bar having a cool drink with my good lady in Fuengirola,in the middle of the day,enjoying mingling with the locals and trying to speak Spanish to the locals, which they do appreciate the effort, we were amazed that a group of around a dozen males were being really loud and obnoxious sitting at tables. Swearing and talking about the sexual ventures they had been involved in at the top of their voices, obviously thier wives and girlfreinds were not around, To the tune of the ring leader shouting to a waiter oi pedro bring us a drink and hurry up, you get the picture. The bar went quiet as they continued to get everyones back up. Were these young teenagers oh no these were ex pat males average age 60 totally up there own backsides, we think from a golf club, and my god did they think they were the dogs dangly bits. People started to leave the bar. So to finish off do the elderly ex pats lose thier self respect that we were always brought up to respect our elders?? Its amazing how many more mature people in the UK always had a beef against the young generations and wanted to move to say Spain for a better quality of life and be respected more. I cant think of a better way to lose respect. REMEMBER - POLITENESS AND RESPECT ARE EARNED WHATEVER AGE GROUP - AND POLITENESS COSTS NOTHING !! unless you were born here, your a foreigner, just like all the polish and other foreigners in the UK. Dont turn Spain into UK part 2.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Makes you proud to be English - - NOT!! - 41 posts
Potential Legal Problems With Car I Dont Own - 4 posts
Tax implications for Renting my Apartment - 0 posts
Hope someone can help!! - 8 posts
Moving to spain - help - 2 posts
long term rental ?????????? - 3 posts
fuegirola car impound - 0 posts
Frienldy, reliable cleaning and key holding etc required for two apartments in Guardamar - 3 posts
SENDING MONEY BACK TO THEV UK - 6 posts
illegal houses in spain - 0 posts
Transferring property into sole name - 14 posts
Car Insurance - 4 posts
Beach Front Properties - Subject to Depreciation - 4 posts
Troublesome pet - 1 posts
european law - 0 posts
That Wedding.... - 1 posts
Wanted - Catering equipment - 0 posts
La Caixa Bank Guarentee that is unpaid - 7 posts
Not Signs of the Times - 0 posts
Direct debit payments for Community fees - 5 posts
No bank guarantee - La Caixa obliged to refund deposits. - 0 posts
Guardia at Manilva - 3 posts
car info - 4 posts
PROPERTY TAXES FOR NON RESIDENTS - 8 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x