Iberdrola Electric Bills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

I have owned an apartment for 5 years that was a new build development. Even after 5 years post is still not delivered to our door and we have to go to the local Post Office to collect mail. We never get any bills from Iberdrola but they deduct the charge each month from my Bank account. I have no idea if the amount they charge me is correct or not. I have not been to the apartment since September, the deduction for January was 8 euros but in february it was 21 euros. In England I would phone and query this but am not sure how customer friendly Iberdrola are and if they have English speaking staff. Is this method of billing normal or should I be receiving paper bills?

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 12:58 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi,

We have to pick our post up but we always receive the Iberdrola bill, but at the moment our's is every two months most people in the village are every month but our's has stayed the same for some reason.

At least you are not getting charged a lot of money, but do not understand why you are not receiving bills, does this happen to everyone do you know?  

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 22/02/2010.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 1:02 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Hi P&R

I'm going back in a couple of weeks so will start to make some enquiries with my neighbours.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 1:47 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

We are also with Iberdrola and we have created an an online account with them.  Here we can view our monthly consumption and receive our bills via the paperless billing process you can sign up to.  One also assumes that by registering online, you can email them with your queries(although we haven't had to do this yet).  As for post, it appears that the postal service has no remit to deliver mail outside of the town.  At a recent meeting, this issue was discussed and that was the answer we got.  If you do want mail delivered to your urb. then you can apply to have a "central" delivery point, where all of your community/urb can have their mail delivered to.  Apparentley this it what happens with our local poligono industriales.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2010 2:10 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - the online billing is the best way although it does take a bit of hassle to set it up.  I have found Iberdrola quite good on the phone if you persevere and ask for someone who speaks english, unless you have good spanish.

I am just up the road from you in Orihuela Costa and it took me 10 months to get our mail delivered.  Correos said our urb had to apply for the mail to be delivered and it had to be done by the President or the Administrator.  The Administrators said they had presented the forms 3 times but I eventually got copies and hand delivered them.  We also had to get two broken boxes fixed before they would agree to deliver (we have over 200 boxes!)  and they will only deliver to the communal mailboxes.

You really need to be bloody minded and determined to get this sort of thing sorted out - just as well I worked in local government for 30 years and can be as stubborn as the best of them!!

Good luck

Like 0      
23 Feb 2010 10:58 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

Hi Claire T, how did you get to receive the online billing?

Iberdrola takes every  month, the amount from our account, sometimes € 9,37 or even € 25,14.

We never receive a bill.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2010 11:17 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Lomasgirl - I went to the Master shop in Pilar, where they have an Iberdrola desk, and asked for a copy of a bill as I never received any bills either.  Without the details of your bill it is hard (maybe impossible) to get onto the online billing system. 

If my memory serves me right, I asked the guy at the Iberdrola desk about the online service and he gave me a password but I still ended up having to phone the help desk to set it up.  I actually set it up several times without realising it, but that hasn't caused any problems.  When they changed the system from two-monthly to once per month I phoned and spoke to a very helpful woman who explained the whole thing to me so their customer service can be very good at times.

Good luck!

Like 0      
23 Feb 2010 12:33 PM by glennhambling Star rating in Norwich and San Pedr.... 23 posts Send private message

Thanks to all for your hepful advice. I have just registered online which took about 3 minutes. I can now view and print all my historic bills. Where would I be without Eye on Spain!!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 10:14 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

Claire T, can you please give us the adress of Iberdrola?

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 12:03 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi Claire, this is the web site page; http://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corporativa/iberdrola?IDPAG=ESWEBINICIO

And this is their address in Pilar; 101 Calla Mayor, 03190, Pilar de la Horadada.

As you head to wards Pilar on the N332 turn right on the roundabout to Pilar (cv925) the shop is on the right hand side just after the pelican crossing. Iberdrola have a customer care table in the shop and they speak good English.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 4:09 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I had three estimated Iberdrola bills - the last time that I got one I was actually in Spain, and I read my meter.  They had been taking way over the top.  I wrote and protested - together with the reading!  This time I have received a bill which says that I am around €222 in credit. 

Does anyone know if this amount is normally returned to the bank account - or if the credit just diminishes each time there is a new bill?  Have checked my bank account, and no money has been returned to it!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 4:30 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

l think you will find it will just be credited to your next bills. You know they dont like to give money back once they have it. Pat

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 10:35 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Hi Pat

Did suspect that that might be the case!!  I wonder just how many people they "overcharge" through these estimated bills.  I know that interest rates are low at the moment, but they must be amassing quite a healthy pot!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
25 Feb 2010 10:40 PM by Gedo Star rating in North Wales/Los Mont.... 5 posts Send private message

Gedo´s avatar

Iberdrola...........................  Law to themselves.

We went over to our apartment last month for a 5 day break, to find out we had NO electricity. At 4pm on a Thursday afternoon we realised we had a problem, and trying to contact them was a nightmare as my spanish is limited to be polite.

Finally found out that although our payments have always come out of our Bank account our Solicitor unearthed that we had been paying next doors bill, and Iberdrola had decied to remove our Electric meter.

Long story short 5 days holiday with Three young children and no Electricity/Hot water/ NO shower. It took them 3 weeks to sort it out and we had to pay a Re conection fee of 60 Euro's!!!!!

Only in Spain lol, in the end with candles at night etc we decided no way was it going to spoil our much needed break and we have never been out so much as the Weather thankfully was Great.....................

Like 0      
26 Feb 2010 3:18 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Sorry Lomasgirl - haven't been posting for a few days as I am in the middle of changing jobs.

Thanks Sping for coming to the rescue!  We must meet up some time when you are out at Playa Golf!

Hope you get your bills sorted Lomasgirl - it is worth the hassle to get onto the online service.  Lots of people have their power cut off and they only find out when they visit their holiday home - the online system would at least alert you to the fact your bill had not been paid. 

The other thing is to keep an eye on your Direct Debits (though that wouldn't have helped you Gedo) as the banks can sometimes pay the ones you have cancelled, and not pay the ones which are supposed to be still running.  Isn't Spain wonderful!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 2:16 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi Claire and others who might be interested.

We notices that our electricity bills and the readings that Iberdrola claim to have taken were not accurate and as a consequence our direct debits were extremely high. Considering that we had not been using the property for some time the amounts made us question the bills. First we asked our key holder to take a reading, then we phoned the 24hr customer number for Iberdrola; (0034) from the UK then 901 20 20 20. pick option 1 (electricity customers) and because my Spanish is non existent apart from a few words for now, I waited for the operator to answer. I then asked, in Spanish, if they could speak English (Habla usted ingles) and they put me through to an English speaking advisor. After giving my referencia contrato or contract number I explained the problem. They were very friendly and helpful. It took four phone calls but finally we received a refund, paid directly into our bank account.

They still get the readings wrong and no doubt I will have to go through this procedure again, but it is possible to get a refund.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 9:03 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi all

I get a bill every month,one month it the standing charge the next its the amount of electric i use,dont know if its any thing to do with having economy 7 tarrif ?.but am now watching all bills as they say my highest use was in September guess what i ws not there in September.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2010 8:49 PM by lincolnburrows Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 11:46 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

I'm still trying to get my bill.  But I cann't get registrated. The system tells me the 4 numbers of my bankaccount are incorrect.

But I have no other number. 

Help..

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 12:25 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

ADDENDUM TO MY POSTING OF 25/2/2010

I did show little faith in a refund, didn't I??  However, when I checked my last bank statement I found that the full amount of the overpayment had been returned to my bank account.  It would be extremely churlish to say that it was returned on 18/03/2010 - a few months after my letter to them about the overpayment!!  At least a small victory!!

This message was last edited by abbbb1 on 25/03/2010.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted: Childs Car Seat - 0 posts
agent in mojacar - 4 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Best car hire? - 9 posts
Car loan - 1 posts
Want to move to spain this year - 5 posts
Awning Wanted - 4 posts
Barbeque wanted... - 0 posts
ikea alicante - 5 posts
Still looking for babysitters for Mar Menor Golf resort - 1 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
Wanted - TV, DVD and Microwave - 0 posts
Volkswagen 7 seater touran June 2005 - 0 posts
yoigo - 8 posts
The cheapest supermarket in Spain - 12 posts
Van back to Spain TOMORROW 21-02-2010 - 1 posts
End of analogue TV? Do I need a new box? - 9 posts
What is a Denuncia exactly? - 5 posts
changing lawyers - 2 posts
A good value Spanish red wine - 25 posts
Barcelona - 9 posts
contact town hall - 3 posts
Airport Transfers - 2 posts
Looking to buy rural land to site holiday cabin or caravan - 6 posts
amber pools - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x