any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by butlinsbaz Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi all, only my second post on here, you all seem very helpful and friendly, thank you!

I have recenyly purchased in cuevas del almanzora and love the place, can any forum members suggest good resonable priced eateries or bars in the surrounding areas? i have found the bar restaurant quantos vientes in cuevas itself and love it but would now like to strike out further afield and explore, i have transport but my geography of the area is still minimal as i have only visited a couple of times since buying, the area the people, even with my limited spanish and their limited english are very helpful, we are only 5 minutes from desert springs and love that place but again we want to expand our wings so to speak!

Any suggestions or ideas to make our stays more enjoyable will be very gratefully received, suggestions on eating out, bars, entertainment, day's out etc would be great, also we would like to visit at the same time as any local fiestas to see what they are like, does anybody know of the dates of fiestas in the cuevas, villaricos, vera or garuch areas?

Thanking you all in anticipation for the expected replies.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2010 6:53 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi,

Villaricos, which is a lovely place, has a nice street market on the main street along the harbour on Sunday mornings and on the main coastal road, just before you go into Villaricos is an excellent restaurant called El Mar La Mar http://www.elmarlamar.com/ It does a very good menu del día and a very good Sunday lunch, I would recommend you book for Sunday's as it gets busy. I think it is closed on Tuesday's, there website may confirm this.

Have a drive up to Valle del Este golf club, there is a good bar in the commercial centre, I cannot remember the name of it but all it's furniture is made of golf clubs and it's a good place for a lunch.

If you haven't ventured up the coast a little to San Juan de los Terreros, its worth a visit. Very picturesque, take a drive up to the castle where the views are stunning and as well as the main beach, if you walk through the little streets towards the coast there are lots of little coves. It's very quiet there at the moment, but gets very busy on summer,plus the festival of San Juan in June is well worth driving down for - it's a night time festival. Welived there for 18 months before moving to the mountains. Now we have exchange the sea for snow!

Enjoy exploring the area, we certainly did.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bast place to live in Spain - 10 posts
Duty of Officers - 3 posts
Which is the best way? - 2 posts
Definition of Community Costs - 7 posts
CHAIN SAW FOR SALE NEW HALF PRICE - 0 posts
House embargo - 13 posts
Honest opinion please - 11 posts
Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts
Scotsman gives a tip to removal company - 0 posts
Which code do I use, Justin & HOW? - 4 posts
Looking for an apartment to rent - 6 posts
Andalucia to UK - 0 posts
Stelios and O'Leary...At each others throats...Again... - 3 posts
Wanted: 3 month let in S.Valencia - ASAP - 1 posts
Second Hand Furniture in Murcia Region - 0 posts
mariadecastro - 4 posts
La Cala Procession - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x