Car hire Alicante - any recommendations ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

I am coming to Spain and need to hire a car. (The prices seem to have shot up this year.)We usually take pot luck and book the cheapest. Our experiences have varied greatly over the years and have noticed that many companies take fuel payment in advance. Can anyone recommend reliable and reputable company ?

Thanks

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 9:11 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Coys Cars

Excellent

Like 0      
16 Feb 2010 10:50 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

John´s son used www.solmar.es in Murcia city and, in spite of not speaking a word of Spanish, he didn´t have any problems and the prices were good.  More recently, his niece used the same company at Alicante airport and again had no problems, and the whole process both on pick-up and handover was very quick.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 9:31 AM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi, have you tried the car hire on this web site. We have been renting  a car for 3 months now and the rates where probably the best on the market. Look if they do Alicante too.

Cheers

Valentina

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 4:00 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Nice to have your recommendations. I will investigate them all.

Thanks

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 6:41 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Lara cars hire out of Alicante and Murcia airports. Based in the carpark at Alicante easy to find, and very reasonable.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2010 7:39 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Try www.doyouspain.com - use them all of the time - excellent service, best prices, HIGHLY recommended!

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2010 5:28 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I found that coysrent-a-car is the cheapest so fa,r even cheaper than econorent but I don't know if their service is good. Anyone using coys, please  comment.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2010 7:06 PM by SpanishTogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

For anything over 3 weeks, my advice is don't bother hiring, just either drive down or better still book long ferry to Santander (Britany Ferries) or Bilbao (P&O) but beware the latter is stopping this route from late summer. It's approx £500 return depending of course on time of year (less if you can use Tesco vouchers to convert to Airmiles).  We've found it much less stressful than hiring and we can be in the Alicante region in a full day's travel (8 till 6 mas o menos!)    You've then got the advantage of a car which you're familiar with and you can take all the luggage (and vino tinto on the return leg)  you want (again mas o menos!!)   If set on hiring, we've always shopped around online each time and I think we've gone through each company one by one depending on cost.  We always book the basic and more often than not, have been given an upgrade free of charge.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2010 9:25 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Sadly we can only manage a week but thanks for the tip. Looking forward to the day when we can retire and stay for longer !

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 8:33 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Forhorspot

Coys cars are excellent (see previous post on this thread)!

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 10:36 AM by graham204 Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

graham204´s avatar

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about booking car hire with coys, can anyone tell me if they are easy to find at alicante airport and I noticed that they supply car with E12 of prepaid fuel, is there a petrol station far from airport as I would be travelling to condado de alhama so would need to fill car up, last question are their cars of good standard?

Thanks everyone,

Carol Anne

Graham & Carolanne

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 11:47 AM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

There is a petrol station near the airport. When returning you have to drive a little way beyond the entrance  and then double back once you have filled up. We found it by accident after missing our planned stop to fill up. before we returned a car. Would much rather have a full/full deal than pay over the odds for a tank supplied by the rental company.Have you got sat nav ?  It will show where the nearest fuel stop is.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 12:39 PM by graham204 Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

graham204´s avatar

Thank you, and yes I will have the sat nav,( never thought about that)

Thanks once again

Carol Anne

Graham & Carolanne

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Publicity is part of the contract - 0 posts
New Iceland store opening in 2010 - 7 posts
Any items bringing over - 1 posts
SECURITY SIGNS - 1 posts
Colds and Stuff? - 3 posts
Paying off my spanish mortgage - 2 posts
Karl Mullins - 2 posts
Wanted: 1.5m+ Satellite dish. - 0 posts
any help appreciated- cuevas del almanzora/villaricofiestas/bars/eating out - 1 posts
Bast place to live in Spain - 10 posts
Duty of Officers - 3 posts
Which is the best way? - 2 posts
Definition of Community Costs - 7 posts
CHAIN SAW FOR SALE NEW HALF PRICE - 0 posts
House embargo - 13 posts
Honest opinion please - 11 posts
Call to stop "Brutal" donkey tradition - 1 posts
property management company wanted near murcia region - 8 posts
fees for selling property - 30 posts
Handing keys back to bank - 8 posts
Driving to Costa Del Sol - 10 posts
Spanish weather at Valentines's Day.... - 2 posts
household items for sale - 13 posts
Caretaker - an Angel from Heaven....... - 0 posts
Electric company contact details - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x