mortgage approval

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

I agreed a price to buy a property late in October and I am still awaiting approval for a mortgage i am self employed with a profitable business and have been for 15 years I left it in the hands of the property agents to find a mortgage for me and I now feel I am being deliberately delayed and wish I had of sourced a mortgage myself has anyone else experienced this length of wait or am I just impatient.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 7:06 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Our approval took 15 weeks and that was directly through the bank. 

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 8:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

It really shouldn't take that long!  Maybe chat with a mortgage broker, like Patrick Robinson (AKA Smiley on the forum) and get him to sort it out for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 10:54 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

We have just taken the keys this week of a property that we made an offer on in mid October. I am employed and pass all the necessary criteria, but the issue was getting the mortgage. Maybe our problem was different in that we had a 60% mortgage offered fairly quickly, but we were told that we could have up to 75% loan to purchase, with a limit of  60% loan to value. Without naming banks, we spent a long time waiting for approval from their London office, just to have it rejected. We also had a very slow and inefficient mortgage rep, that was employed directly by the bank, and needed constantly chasing by me, the property agent, and the lawyer. Not much consolation for you, but we were originally told it should take between 2 and 4 weeks.

Don't lose faith......

Dave 

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 2:15 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Connas007,

It is unbelievable you have been kept waiting for so long! Even the 15 weeks that friendly mentions is a long time for a mortgage approval to come through.   Being self employed should not be an issue, as long as you can supply all required paperwork, income etc.   Normal timescale from application to completion should be approx. 6 weeks.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 2:57 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I had a offer excepted early Nov 08 I had the keys by 19th of December 08, Mortgage checked, all paperwork coplete, I did give my lawyer POA which helps a lot, but you have to be confident in the people you buy through, I now have my apartment in cobo roig costa blanca.

Jonty

Like 0      
09 Jan 2010 4:26 PM by connas007 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for your comments we have given up waiting and sorted out with our Uk bank (in two Days) so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Temporary Car Swap - 0 posts
Web Camera - 0 posts
How Do You Delete A Blog? - 1 posts
Has the EOS webcam gone on holiday? - 6 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
Iberdola online registration probs - 7 posts
Will pay up to 25€ for a TV - 3 posts
Car Hire - Don't use HERTZ| - 4 posts
Christmas Holidays - 1 posts
Twitter? Anyone Twittering Out There? - 5 posts
Seaview Properties - 0 posts
Monarch flights Gatwick to Murcia cancelled - 1 posts
3 years are up - 1 posts
Magazine wants your stories about living and holidays in Catalonia - 2 posts
Premier League Football on Spanish TV from 2010 - 0 posts
Replying and Posting Problem - 5 posts
Spanish Christmas Traditions - 4 posts
Highly Recommended, Picture Framers at Leroy Merlin, La Canada!! - 0 posts
LG 42" LCD Television for sale. Brand new boxed - 0 posts
Merry Christmas to everyone on Eye On Spain! - 19 posts
Car battery preservation - 15 posts
Merry Christmas, one and all! - 6 posts
Topographical Surveys - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax - 5 posts
Winter sun in Spain - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x