Twitter? Anyone Twittering Out There?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2009 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I am being encouraged to climb on board the Twitter phenomenon as a means of opening up opportunities and  generating business. Gosh! I cannot keep up with the intellectually demanding advances of communication.

Is there anyone out there who can, in a couple of paragraphs, explain to the rest of us what Twitter does and if there are advantages to using it? In Nerdspeak please.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
21 Dec 2009 12:42 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar

I have tried twitter, and in a nut shell it lets you post short messages to tell people following you, what your doing and where.

you can say anything the more interesting it is the more people follow you.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2009 11:16 PM by Weesy Star rating in Costa Calida. 13 posts Send private message

I use twitter, its a form of viral marketing but it seems to take a while for the "viral" part to kick in.I know people who have a thousand plus followers, I think once you have quite a few followers it kicks in. It is ideal for marketing, networking etc

It´s a way of keeping people up to date with whats happening, thoughts, opinions etc

You can follow me @bartermurcia

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 11:05 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Just started to use twitter [ rowlandsbb] and it is just another media for communications

I think you have to get into the pattern of regular updates to get the best of it and that really means getting the twitter bug!!!

You can also get your updates on your mobile and post from it 

So you can use it for business , pleasure and keeping up to date with the world    

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 3:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I tried it actively earlier in the year and then got bored of it.

They call it a "micro-blogging" facility but to be honest most people tend to post a load of rubbish on there so I got bored of reading about people making a cup of tea all the time.

I now only use it to post about our newsletters.

You can follow me here.

Businesses wise, I have made some contacts from Twitter but you do need a lot of followers to really make it work well for you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 6:04 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

Twitter is the right word....only used by twits

Nick

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Seaview Properties - 0 posts
Monarch flights Gatwick to Murcia cancelled - 1 posts
3 years are up - 1 posts
Magazine wants your stories about living and holidays in Catalonia - 2 posts
Premier League Football on Spanish TV from 2010 - 0 posts
Replying and Posting Problem - 5 posts
Spanish Christmas Traditions - 4 posts
Highly Recommended, Picture Framers at Leroy Merlin, La Canada!! - 0 posts
LG 42" LCD Television for sale. Brand new boxed - 0 posts
Merry Christmas to everyone on Eye On Spain! - 19 posts
Car battery preservation - 15 posts
Merry Christmas, one and all! - 6 posts
Topographical Surveys - 2 posts
Inheritance Tax - 5 posts
Winter sun in Spain - 21 posts
TRAMPOLIN HILLS NEWS.IMPORTANT - 3 posts
Renting Hose - Power Problems builders elec - 3 posts
DOWNLOADING FILMS FROM COMPUTER ONTO A D.V.D. - 8 posts
where to apply - 0 posts
Another question for Maria - 8 posts
Capital gains tax - allowable acquisition costs - 4 posts
Renting without declaring - 3 posts
The Charity Gazette aka CBN / The Post - 5 posts
Like the new Home Page! - 4 posts
I have heard it all now! - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x