driving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Oct 2009 8:45 AM by RedNinja Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Everytime I have done Bilbao - Benidorm it has been towing a large caravan and I have managed it the journny in around 10 hours.  However that is by driving at about 60 mph when in really the speed limit with a caravan in Spain is 47 mph. The thing is the roads are so quiet away from the big cities and the police are so scarce that it is quite easy to do.  I have a friend who did the journey in his car and it took him 7 hours.

As for the Madrid route the distance is about 30 miles shorter but I really din't want to get involved with the Madrid ring road system with a big caravan.  The way I go you only have to negotiate three awkward junctions, one in Zaragoza and two around Valencia.  The trip is actually a real pleasure.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 10:12 AM by yvonnebarton Star rating in Rickmansworth, Herts.... 27 posts Send private message

Many thanks RedNinja.  I can see your point about Madrid.  I am sure most city ring roads are a nightmare and we may well decide to tow a small trailer.  Well we've got plenty of time to decide.  Will let you know how we get on!  Thanks again.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how to get my deposit back from rental agent - 5 posts
camposol - 5 posts
Is living in Spain really that bad now??? - 714 posts
Certificate of habitation price question - 3 posts
Certificate of habitation question, Alicante - 4 posts
Want a short break in Benidorm - 0 posts
Fridge Repair - 3 posts
UK car in Spain - 26 posts
EU Trading Standards - 1 posts
What is the best spanish forum where I can speak in english - 0 posts
Calling an EGM - 9 posts
Claiming funds from a person who sold me a house knowing it was falling down - 6 posts
sat dish needed 1.3 mtrs - 2 posts
Personlised number plates - 4 posts
Banco Popular vs EVEMARINA SL - 0 posts
Casaras del Mar - Info Please - 2 posts
BANC CAM is BANK CAN'T - 8 posts
Supermarkets - 12 posts
Forum signature policy change - PLEASE READ - 22 posts
Let's keep it friendly - 79 posts
Happy Movil - 6 posts
Spiral Staircases - 3 posts
Low Rate Spanish Mortgages.com - 1 posts
Luis's Chickpea Stew - 2 posts
Interest Rates - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x