Vodafone dongle-early redemption penalty?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Help required, please. We are half-way through an eighteen month contract with Vodafone having bought bought a mobile dongle which plugs into our laptop's USB port.  The reception has been getting steadily worse and worse, and when there is a signal at all, we are getting near dial-up speed only- and paying around 45 euros a month inc. iva.  Has anyone any experience of getting out of their Vodafone contract early, or has a contact number (which I am unable to find anywhere)?  My husband is dependent on a good interenet connection for his business, so we need to do something as soon as possible.  Any help gratefully received! We live in the Orihuela area.  Thank you,  Donna

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 4:46 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

It's 150 euros for ADSL contracts so probably something similar for the dongle/mobile broadband.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2009 6:44 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Do you have (or know anyone) with a Vodafone handset? Dial 123 and you can get an English speaker.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 9:22 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Hi Mark

Do you if dialing 123 on a Movistar network, works also.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 11:07 AM by popins-pm Star rating in Balsicas. 31 posts Send private message

popins-pm´s avatar

Hi Donna,

I have had a pay as you go dongle with vodaphone which was an absolute nightmare. When you go and top up your credit if the shop does not activate it properly the credit runs out really quick. The shop will not take responsibility and i have had endless heated discussions over the phone with Vodafone which actually charged my a fortune on my mobile.

I did get to the point, after it costing around 150 euros a month, that i need to ditch this.

There is a number of dongles on the market but the thing you have to do is check the signal for your main area of operation. i.e your home address.

After checking the signals for them all ironically vodafone came out best for where i live.

So,,,,,, I checked the cost of the contracts.

If you purchase the dongle with a seperate fee you can get a contract that you can cancel at any time around 35 euros from The carphone people in DOs Maris.

If you get a free dongle then unfortunatly you are tied to an 18 month contract.

Soz

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 2:52 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

I bought a Vodafone pasasyougo dongle last year from Dos Mares, San Javier.

The thing would'nt work which I found to be due to the dongle being old stock and needed firmware installing to work with Vista. I had to figure this out because the Vodafone shop staff were clueless.

Whilst the connection was good I found the cost prohibitive . 19E for 250MB with little or no warning as to when it was expired and no way of monitoring it.

The same product from Vodafone UK  is a fraction of the cost to run........................

Back to the internet cafe then.

This message was last edited by Joe1949 on 30/09/2009.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 4:24 PM by musicdonna Star rating in Near Huercal-Overa, .... 250 posts Send private message

Many thanks, everyone, for replies.  Please keep them coming!  -Does anyone have a number that we could call (other than the 123+Vodafone handset) to actually speak to someone from Vodafone?  Donna

Donna

www.learntodo.co.uk (site for artists of all levels!)

Like 0      
04 Oct 2009 6:33 PM by Tom2009 Star rating in Axarquia. 11 posts Send private message

Tom2009´s avatar

Hi Donna.

Sometimes when your computer memory is full of junk it may slow down your browser.

Have you tried clearing your history, cookies, temporary internet files, etc on your laptop?

Also doing a disk cleanup will free up a lot of space that maybe slowing your computer down especially if you are using internet explorer. I prefer firefox as it seems twice as fast .

We were thinking of going with Vodafone , but may have to do some more homework to see which is the best option for ADSL.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 10:17 AM by popins-pm Star rating in Balsicas. 31 posts Send private message

popins-pm´s avatar

Whether considering fixed line or dongle it is worth going to somebody like the Phone House house who supply all the products and get them to test the signal of your area with each supplier.

I went to the individuals such as T Mobile and they tested the signal for me before I finally settled for a Vodafone dongle. It is on contract but if you purchase the dongle you get a contract which you can cancel at any time. This way you dont tie yourself up for 18 months in which time the cost of broadband should come down and service improve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish social security - is it worth signing up? - 9 posts
Selling a UK vehicle in spain to someone returning to the UK - 1 posts
Handing in the Keys - 1 posts
replacement shutters - 0 posts
just sold - experiences - 0 posts
Keyholder and cleaner - 3 posts
Roadside assistance - 0 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 6 posts
Complaints book for airlines? - 5 posts
IBI Tax withou License of firrst occupation - 11 posts
club mana san javier - 1 posts
is VIPS going downhill? - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 0 posts
No More Fresh Cooked School Dinners in Andalucia - 2 posts
Alicia de Larrocha R.I.P. - 0 posts
Quickie about non chip and pin bank cards... - 2 posts
Aldea Advisors - 139 posts
Do you know my Grandad? Please look :) - 8 posts
Corredor - 0 posts
Surname spelt wrong on - 0 posts
Money back to UK - 1 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
New charges fro BA - 2 posts
Control of the Community (Entity) - 15 posts
Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x