Aldea Advisors

You and the law in Spain book
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We have just arrived back from Spain today to find an e-mail from 'Juan Carlos Dominguez Serrano' which says 'I enclose Credit Bankruptcy Communication of ALDEA Asesores, SL. Please read receipt'.

Firstly there is no receipt or other attachment. Does anybody know what is happening with Aldea? We paid our La Renta Tax into them in June and as yet do not have copies of the tax forms. Does this mean we have lost our money? How can we find out? Has anybody else received this e-mail?

We would be grateful for any information please.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 7:57 PM by RobertTurner Star rating in Tiverton, Devon. 6 posts Send private message

Have also returned from Spain today & found the same e-mail with no attachment. Like you we have received no other  communication & have paid our tax via them but with no confirmation.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 8:59 AM by mgk Star rating in Penthouse 2. 241 posts Send private message

mgk´s avatar

Hi,we also received this email.

We to are very concerned,we completed on an apt. in april using Aldea,and although all appears ok we have the keys etc.

Could there be any repercutions re. the deeds etc?any advice would be most appreciated

www.condadoelectricalservices.com        condadoes@live.co.uk

tel.605 832  795

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 10:36 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

I have just realised that they hold the Deeds to our apartment and also our Spanish Wills, so wonder what that will mean. I e-mailed Nicki who works there only a couple of weeks ago with a query and got the usual swift reply from her. All very worrying.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 10:43 AM by Penfold Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi All

Received same email with no attachment. I phoned Aldea in Torreveka (?sp) answer machine just told me about opening hrs.

I have been asked to appear in court on the 28th of October as the Judges want to ask me some questions. I am supposed to be meeting the Barrister and the Translator on the 27th in Vera. 

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 11:30 AM by Rustad Star rating in Kent. 89 posts Send private message

Hi

I too am just back from Murcia. We also used Aldea at their Cartagena office at the suggestion of Parador. All went through as planned. What amazes me is that I was only in their offices on Monday picking up keys! I spoke to a pleasant woman in there and there was no suggestion at all that they had problems. I have to admit though it was on the second floor of a dark building and there did not appear to be anyone else working there - at least none of the usual office "noise".

Having said that I emailed the individuals I dealt with over the purchase about ten days ago and have had no replies. One automated reply informed me the person would be back in the office on the 28 August!  

Not sure what to do next!

Alan

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:07 PM by Penfold Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I have sent a copy of  Carlos's email to Aldea Advisors and asked for an explanation.. Could it be a scam?

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 12:20 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

I have emailed the person in Torrevieja who we always contact whenever we have any queries. In fact the last contact I had with her was on the 7th September and no indication of any problems then. Somebody did start a thread on here in June saying that Aldea were in trouble, but nothing seemed to come of it so thought it was maybe an unhappy client.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 7:59 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi everyone - we deal with many of the solicitors in Torrevieja and I haven't heard anything about Aldea being in trouble.  I will ask in the office in the morning and let people know if we have heard anything.

Regards

Like 0      
27 Sep 2009 9:12 PM by CheshireChap Star rating in I live in Cheshire U.... 8 posts Send private message

Like others I also received the following communication, does anyone have any further infrmation?

"Dear Sirs,

I enclose Credit Bankruptcy Communication of ALDEA ASESORES, S.L..

Please read receipt.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Dominguez Serrano 

Administrador Concursal Aldea Asesores, S.L.

C/ Carmen, nº 36- 38 , 3º B
03550 San Juan de Alicante (Alicante

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 9:15 AM by Penfold Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I phoned Aldea this morning and they told me that another letter is coming out today to us all.

She admitted that they have financial problems but have not been made bankrupt. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. 

Watch this space!

Stuart

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 9:43 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Best option is to send a certified  writing to this administrator and ask for specific information on the unsolvency proceeding.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:44 AM by CheshireChap Star rating in I live in Cheshire U.... 8 posts Send private message

Like others on here in 2007 I completed the purchase of an apartment with my ex partner through Parador and have Aldea as my fiscal / legal representative in Spain.

Aldea hold the deeds to my Spanish property and are also taking steps to remove my ex partner's name from them.

Aldea hold my Spanish will, though I do have a photocopy.

In June 2009 I paid my 2008 tax bill through Aldea.

Can anyone tell me how I go about checking the tax was paid to the Spanish tax office?

Also is it too early to start panicking and asking for my other paperwork back?

I just need to know if it's time to cut my losses and instruct new solicitors.

Any advice would be welcome.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:52 AM by Rustad Star rating in Kent. 89 posts Send private message

Like others, I have this morning received the email (plus attachments) notifying me of the Aldea bankruptcy. I may be luckier than some. We completed our purchase a month or so before trouble struck although they still hold about 400 Euros in my client account which I suspect I will never see again. I too am not sure how to proceed now. We never got as far as drawing up wills with them. Clearly I need to find new lawyers and think I will probably look here in the UK. I know of a pretty good one.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:52 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I have just checked the information provided to the administrator to one of our clients, which surprisingly has been sent to him, instead of us even knowing we are his legal representatives.

Anyhow, that information exposes that the dadline to communicate type of credit and classificaion is of 15 days since last publication ( BOE and provintial papers), when deadlines according to provisions 85.1 and  21.1.5 of the Unsolvency act is  of 30 days.

I do not know if I am missing anything here, if I am, I would certainly welcome clarification by the Administrator.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 11:58 AM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

We are in almost the same situation as CheshireChap - we completed our purchase in 2007, Aldea hold both our Deeds and our spanish Wills, and we too paid our Non Residence Tax in June 2009 and need to know how to find out if the taxes were paid.

Have just received another e-mail from Juan Carlos, which doesn't make an awful lot of sense due to the translation, but certainly seems to confirm that they are now in receivership. Dont know whether handing over the money for our taxes in June makes us creditors, but even if it does, every document sent to them has to be sent in Spanish as well as English, so no idea how to go about that!

So how do we find our if our taxes were paid? And what do we do about our Deeds and Wills that they hold? Are they safe?

All advice gratefully received!

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 12:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

CheshireChap:

Initially, you have nothing to worry about as ALdea was not holding any money of you. So I would ask ( either personally or through a new legal representative) for your paperwork to be handed to you. AS far as choosing new legal representation... that is something you need to decide based on your trust criteria.

Rustad:

You can communicate your credit to the Administrator within the deadline ( 15 days, yes, confirmed it is 15 days since last publication becuase it is an shorten unsolvency proceeding. I will post here on deadline.

Saffronbilli:

The administrators will be providing all that info to you at yout request.

Please note that the administrators have the judicial mandate of caring for the company´s interest during the unsolvency proceedings, not for Aldea clients´ interests, so I would certainly advise you to have your own legal representation.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 12:39 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Maria - thanks for your reply. Are you saying that if I emailed the Administrators they would be able to tell me if Aldea paid my taxes with the moeny I gaveto them in June?

We are not in Spain again until mid-November - would we be able to make arrangements to collect our Deeds, Wills and any other paperwork then? Do we need to find another Solicitor to look after these documents in Spain? What I mean is, do they have to be held in Spain or can we bring them back to UK to lodge with our solicitor here?

Thanks for your help,

Myra

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 1:53 PM by blueyonder Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, we have also received the e-mail from Aldea who have the deeds for our property at the moment. I would welcome any ideas as to how we get hold of those deeds and whether we can bring them back to the uk. Also we haven't yet paid our tax bill for this year (perhaps something was telling us to hang on to our money) and would like some advice from anybody as to how we pay that bill and who to now that Aldea are no more.

Thanks

Chris & Jim

Like 0      
28 Sep 2009 2:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Saffronbilli: Yes, email adminisatrators to those effects.

Blueyonder: I would advise you to contact adminsitarors too.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Do you know my Grandad? Please look :) - 8 posts
Corredor - 0 posts
Surname spelt wrong on - 0 posts
Money back to UK - 1 posts
Aifos - 0 posts
New charges fro BA - 2 posts
Control of the Community (Entity) - 15 posts
Fine for not submitting modelo 212 in time ? whose fault? - 3 posts
Part time virtual receptionist easily combined with another job at the computer - 0 posts
What Now - 0 posts
Yamaha Keyboard Repairs? - 0 posts
Scooter insurance - 1 posts
The price of building a villa in Spain - help please - 2 posts
Spanish Limited Company - 2 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 1 posts
To the EOS Team?? - 0 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers lead the way in communicating with their clients - 96 posts
Non Residents Tax - 3 posts
looking for help - 0 posts
Blatant Advert for our Guest House - 0 posts
La Canada Thefts - 5 posts
Malaga Airport Parking...Question - 9 posts
Spanish social security - 9 posts
Equality with community fees - 4 posts
Alternative offered!!!! - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 140

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x