Fiesta Noche de San Juan 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

The "Fiesta de San Juan" is tomorrow, June 23rd.  It's a great excuse for drinking and eating on the beach.

Most celebrations start at 9pm, but I assume every area will be different.  At midnight they do a big bonfire on the beach and set off a load of fireworks.  There is usually some enterainment too.  Always worth attending.  We go every year.

We will be heading down to the beach in Casares Costa to do a bit of filming and grab some of the free sardines and beers there!

Here's a short video on it:

Watch More

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 4:46 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

FREE BEER!!!!!!!!!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 Jun 2009 6:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

In Vejer de la Frontera this same event is called candelá, there is a fire bull , contests of " juanillos" and "juanillas" ( Johnies and Joanies), and fun all night long!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 1:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Going to Mojacar tonight for "tasting" and music followed by fireworks. Tomorrow it is happening at Garrucha and the fun fair is in town

Mark

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 6:14 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Winter 09/10 is the start of my half anf half life style between Spain and UK [ villa ready]

....... and San Juan is the beach I like best .............and these celebrations sound as though they should not be missed....... it all sounds like a great night in a great location!!

I will be on the beach next year 2010!!!.............and still young enough to enjoy it!!!

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 12:00 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

A fun night was had by all!

I took my camera, as the EOS camera is a bit on the big size to wield around, and recorded a great deal of footage, including the singing and dancing, the burning of the tableau, and last but by no means least, the fireworks!!! So keep an eye out for Friday's Siesta Show - Webisode #77,

Can't wait until next year and do it all over again.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 2:22 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

We had a really nice night down in Casares.  I'm still a bit baffled about what it's all about!

Unfortunately the beer wasn't free, but it was quite cheap (1 euro for a caña) so can´t complain.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 2:40 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

I agree. It was a fantastic night with loads of people of all ages. I am looking forward to the next siesta show on San Juan´s night. Genial!

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 6:19 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Was a bit disappointed persoanlly, although the sight of thousands of people bbq'ing on the beach and pitching tents was amazing. It is one of those things that needs preparation and a few friends with you, rather than an on your own evening. Wil know for next time though.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mosaic tables and chairs for sale - 1 posts
Trampolining/Gymnastics in or around Malaga - 6 posts
carrefour - 9 posts
Is there an alternative - 11 posts
Free to Air Tv in Costa Blanca - 3 posts
ZANUSSI OVEN/HOB & EXTRACTOR UNIT FOR SALE - 1 posts
BATHROOM UNITS FOR SALE - 0 posts
Wanted, POOL TABLE, in average to good condition, South Spain area - 16 posts
Alicante Hogueras fiestas - 0 posts
Orihuela Tax office experience - 9 posts
Online non resident’s tax pagatinas (stickers) requests - Warning - 10 posts
Orihuela Tax office – wrong address - 0 posts
Quickest way to obtain an NIE No - 1 posts
Fridge Freezer FOR SALE - 0 posts
Shower Screens & Bath Screen FOR SALE - 0 posts
Residents Group - 1 posts
Where can I buy a fouton in Costa Blanca? - 8 posts
San Juan question - 5 posts
I cannot wait for the next siesta show - 0 posts
cig prices !!!! - 0 posts
how to get pitch at sabi market - 5 posts
Handing over/ Signing up - 0 posts
price in gibraltar - 3 posts
Advice about refreshing a Legal Embargo please - 2 posts
Wanted, Sun Loungers. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x