Purchase/Sale Contract Example

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I remember seeing a post somewhere asking if it was possible to have a model sale contract on the EOS website so that people could compare it with what their developer gives them. I know Justin said he was planning on doing just that, and Maria de Castro also said she was preparing something. I can't for the life of me find where that thread is (even with the new search facility!), but in the meantime, I came across this from the Instituto Nacional del Consumo which I thought may be of help to some. It's in Spanish only of course, and rather long winded, but at least the main clauses can be compared to what other contracts say.

http://www.tuguialegal.com/Vivienda.pdf

I imagine Maria & Justin will come up with something more helpful.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 6:02 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
BLIMEY YEAH IT IS LONG WINDED - THEN AGAIN BETTER TO COVER ALL THE BASES I GUESS - MY WATCHWORD TO ANYONE IS BETTER TO DO IT RIGHT THAN TO DO IT QUICK - IF YOU CAN COMBINE THE TWO SO MUCH THE BETTER BUT FIRST OPTION ALWAYS BEST - ESPECIALLY HERE IN SPAIN

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 7:42 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Roberto, the contract you posted here is obviously a perfect model of contract in terms of protection of consumers. I wish the government would  impose somehow a format like that on developers!

The article I prepared and that Justin is about to send to you follows the scheme of that contract ( the one I used as a model was the best it has come to my Law Firm during the last months ) and is in " English" ( well, my english... trying my best). Anyhow, as always, I will be open to questions/ explanations.

I may make another article of FAQ once I received all the queries.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Thanks Maria, I look forward to seeing your article and contract example.

Assuming that this applies specifically to the purchase of new/off plan property, I wonder if you could also submit a suggested private contract for use when buying re-sale property? In my experience, most estate agents are very remiss in this area. They mainly seem to expect buyers to commit to a deal by paying a holding deposit, but offer little or nothing in return by way of commitment on the part of the seller. No doubt several of our resident agents will have something to say about this! (I'm sure we all welcome your comments!)

I heard an interesting opinion today from my local caffeine dealer, that estate agents are "on the way out", which I'm not sure I agree with, but it is certainly true that more and more people, buyers & sellers alike, are looking to cut out the middle men by dealing direct with each other. I think the Spanish have always preferred to avoid agents if possible, but foreigners also are becoming more confident, with such a wealth of information and help available from sources such as EOS now available to all, so a model for a private contract may be useful too.

Looking forward to the inevitable backlash from this post!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 9:58 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Phew Roberto!!!! Took me 2.5 hours to get my spanglish head around that. It makes me think of the English saying - A camel is a race horse designed by a committee. I have never seen a contract with more pages than the Escritura!!! Still like smiley says "better to cover everything". Now if anyone can think of any eventuality not covered well...just!!!...just ...keep it to yourself....we have to think about the preservation of pine forests too! Or did Roberto cover that in clause 8???

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 10:06 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Oh BTW! Having tried to impose my companies contract on several squirming developers without any success whatsoever!! I will not hold my breath for this one. However as Maria says it is the perfect model... in an ideal world... where pink fluffy Polar bears kiss tiny lambs next to a roaring log fire in a chocolate box cottage ....blaaaahh...blaahh blaahhh! But still we must strive for it and as Maria says if the goverment imposed it!!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 2:29 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I actually have a copy of my off plan contract that I received early 2004 translated into English. I'm certainly not sure if it fits the bill as a Generic Contract but it is 14 pages long and appears to cover most elements! the problem is different developers/lawyers will insert their own clauses to suit but I would think that they all begin with a basic generic document?

If enough members "say please nicely" I'll try my best to Scan the hard copy and produce a reasonable document that I could email on request or perhaps Justin could place it somewhere on the site for everyone to view...........

Mike T

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 7:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Gillespie, I do hope you realise I didn't write that contract myself?! (Took me long enough to compose the Horizontal Law, didn't feel like doing an encore). I just happened to come across it, like you do. I didn't even bother reading it, just posted the link, but it's nice to know I caused you to spend 2.5 hours with a dictionary going through it!

I think Miket's idea is good, maybe we could all scan our contracts, and Maria can go through them all and come up with a "best of" compilation?

Any thoughts on the ideal contract for re-sales, anyone?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 1:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
I will go for the re-sale private contract. Give a week.
M.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 6:50 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You're a diamond, Maria!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 9:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I will send it to Justin for the newsletter. Off-plan one already at EYEONSPAIN headquarters.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 10:51 AM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

I´m hopefully going to be buying a resale direct from the seller (touch wood).

I looked at the link in post number one of this thread which is an example of a contract for OFFPLAN propertym (so not my case).

However, I then had a fumble around on that website and found that it has several different types of example contract.  Now I am not sure which contract example fits my case.  I have narrowed it down to either:

"Venta con entrega de arras o señal" or "Venta con entrega de anticipo del precio sin constituir arras o señal".

I don´t really understand the difference between the two.  Which would be better for me, the buyer?

Thanks.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 10:56 AM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar
Oh, and I forgot to ask.  What about a ´standard example´ of a reservation document?  I couldn´t find one on that website, but does anyone know the location of where I could get hold of one?

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 3:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Justin is about to send both articles about Off-Plan contracts and resale contracts. I will try to make a model of reservation document/ deposit contract, but, in the meantime, I think you can have some ideas from here:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/deposit-contract.aspx

The most important rules for a deposit contract:

- Mention that is a refundable deposit.

- Mention of the bank account and holder where the deposit is till the deadline is met.

- Deadline for the private purchase to be signed or have  the deposit back double folded.

- Clear conditions for refunding.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 3:25 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 3:29 PM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

Thank you Maria.

A model reservation document and contract would be an excellent idea for this site.  I hope the EOS team pay you well for all the help you offer its members!!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 6:24 PM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

I have another quick question - at what point is a Nota Simple created? 

When the developer starts construction? finishes construction? when the LFO is in place? other?????

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 8:23 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

If it is new build then there is already a Nota Simple for the land. If the property is already constructed there should be a Nota Simple for the specific property as the land should have gone through Horizontal Division - in simple terms the apportioning of the original plot to each dwelling on the plot -  although it does not necessarily mean that there is an LFO (prefer FLO but people dont know what I mean). There can be a Nota Simple for the building without an LFO.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 6:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Jerezgirl, Nota Simple, or Copia Simple, is just that - a simplified (abbreviated) version/copy of an official document. Could be of a power of attorney, for example. Obviously in this case you are referring to the Escritura? If this is a resale, presumably the owner has an escritura, or at least the Copia Simple version of it. You should get a copy of this ASAP. With the registry details on this, you (or your lawyer - are you using one?) can obtain from the Land Registry an "informativa" which shows who owns the property and if there are any debts registered against it - at this moment in time. I always insist on getting this before parting with any money at all. You can order it on-line at http://www.registradores.org/principal/indexx.jsp?id_idioma=2&prefijo_idioma=ING

When you sign for the property at the notary, a new Copia Simple will be created at the same time with your details as purchaser, and you will be given a copy to take away with you. The actual escritura will be available some time (weeks?) later.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 6:59 PM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

Thanks for the replies.  The property I am referring to is at a bit of an inbetween stage.  It has been physically completed by the developer and the Licence of First Occuplation has been applied for but not yet received.  The owner who bought off-plan is trying to delay completion so that he can sell before completion.  I just wasn´t sure in this scenario if there would be a Nota Simple or not yet.  I guess not as the escritura hasnt been done yet?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 17 posts
Experience with Euro Abogados ? - 2 posts
Kids Spanish Stories - 30 posts
Tai Chi - 0 posts
Iberian International - 24 posts
Are we thowing away our money ?? - 4 posts
Social Security payments - 17 posts
Los Lagos Santa Maria Golf - 47 posts
La Vuelta restaurant, Guardamar, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to put a signature on your profile page so it shows at bottom of every post automatically - 0 posts
Price of tobacco & cigarettes on the Costa Blanca (Eurotabaco) - 0 posts
Hi there! Newbie here. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x