Big reductions in asking prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Noticed on my visit to Almeria in Jan/ Feb that a lot of local agents are advertising ‘ Reduced by 60.000 €’ on their window adverts and various other big figures

So perhaps re sale sellers are now facing up to reality!!

Any seller bringing the money back to UK will almost certainly have a profit on the exchange rate, which is part of the reason for these big reduction adverts- the rest is common sense acceptance of realistic values

Even some of the builders are openly cutting the asking prices by big numbers: saw a 3 bed villa in San Juan de los Terreros on a 300 m2 plot with pool which had been cut by 75.000 € to 265.000 € and even then perhaps room to negotiate!

Another example just received is a 3 bed duplex in El Calon [near San Juan] where the price for a quick sale has been reduced by 60.000 € to 190.000 € and even in today’s market offers excellent value

Not everyone of course wants or has to sell but in those situations, where they do, then there is an opportunity to get a good deal

If you are in the market to buy in 2009 then a trip over will certainly be worthwhile and you can have it to use this summer

Like 0      
18 Feb 2009 10:36 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Scary thing is though that even at the reduced prices properties are still not shifting very easily.  However, it is a great time to pick up a good property at a great price!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2009 9:41 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

up here in Madrid developors and sellers are still holding out. We just put in an offer on a nice place (200.000€ vs asking price 230.00) and he flat out refused. Instead he is '

'selling ' all his places as rent with option to buy. We took that option as we like the place and the rent is lower than we were paying, we'll wait 2-4 years and offer him much much less.

You are starting to see small reductions 5.000 every so often but for the most part sellers are refusing to lower the prices.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2009 9:52 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Rob,

We were thinking about doing a rent to buy later this year in the Estepona area.  Is the eventual purchase price set at the beginning or is the price agreed at the end of the rental period?

Cheers

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 2:29 PM by dave chis Star rating in San Juan De Los Terr.... 38 posts Send private message

dave chis´s avatar

It is incredible some of the deals at the moment. I know of a detached villa (own pool and 10 mins walk from the beach) that 2 years ago was worth 450,000 euros, now owners will take 190,000. I still worry that this is relative...Yes based on previous price it is fab, but where will the bottom be? Could a property like this end up down to 150k, 100k, or less....

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 10:04 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - prices are falling here in Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa on a daily basis and our office has some amazing offers - we have a builder who has reduced one development of 2 bed bungalows from 140,000 to 80,000€ and another where you can get three bed townhouses for 127,000€. 

Unfortunately, as I have said before, potential buyers will only know the bottom has been reached when prices start to climb again!  We are beginning to get quite a bit of interest in the very low priced properties so hopefully they will bring a bit of life back to a very slow market.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 5:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Sanchez: please have answers below in bold green:

We were thinking about doing a rent to buy later this year in the Estepona area.  Is the eventual purchase price set at the beginning or is the price agreed at the end of the rental period?

This depends on agreement between seller and buyer. You can have a closed price or you can have a clause by which you agree you will be submitting the valuation of the property to an independent surveyor once the purchase moment arrives.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 8:19 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

27 Feb 2009 8:54 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

The news on this subject ,whilst very depressing for those having to sell ,keeps coming

Heard yesterday that a villa on La Manga, where similar ones have been selling for 1.100.000 €, has recently been sold by a bank at circa 600.000 €.....the mortgage outstanding!

All agents have bargains like this, such as a villa ,which has been on offer for 380.000 €, is now available for 230.000 € but you will have to be quick if you want to buy this one

Some of these sell before agents have time to upload to their web sites!

And it is not just the expensive ones as the builders with stock to sell have to compete ,so we are seeing a lot more sensible pricing ; eg a very nice new  2 bed maisonette in Costa Blanca reduced to £88.000 and others lower

These sort of prices are again starting to make holiday homes attractivefor those who can afford to buy

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 9:12 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Some of the best deals are actually not with the agents as people cannot afford  to pay the fees wanted

Look in the local papers or, if you see a for sale sign with a number on a property you like the look of give it a call

Apartments in the Orihuela Cosat now less than €60k

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 9:40 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Not all agents charge high fees!

Infact some web based agents, and even bricks and mortar ones, charge between 3% and 5% depending on the price of the property

I know this is still higher than we are used to in UK  but in UK there is less tendancy by sellers to multi list 

Here's a bit of history for you!..from RICS Professional Charges Book  effective from 1st January 1963

Sales by private tender: 5% on the first £500; 2.5 % on the next £4500 and 1.25 % on the residue [ minimum fee £7.10s.0d]

and if two agents are selling for the owner then a fee at a rate of scale plus a half!....

.and if you broke these rules you got told off!!

Times have changed but UK is perhaps one of the countries with the lowest agency charges so I suspect that 3% to 5% range is one of the lowest in EU and lower that in the States

New build is a bit different but even here commission rates will start to come down and agents are now prepared to sell at these rates    

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 2/27/2009.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 11:00 AM by mikegilham Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, we are visiting Murcia region Mid March 09 to search for a holiday/rental (and eventually retirement home) 2 bed nice apartment with pool somewhere in the region.  If any private seller has any property suitable for a quick sale, please let us know.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 11:11 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

As a new poster I do not think that anyone can send you a PM but have tried just in case.just received an attractive 2 bed duplex ina nice small complex at 130.000 € and whilst this is not available for rent another in the same complex is , so you could spend a week or so there to see if you like it and at the same time view this duplex

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 11:11 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 3/2/2009.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 11:25 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Mike - I have a range of two bed apartments in Orihuela Costa, on the coast just a couple of kilometres north of Murcia region.  Have just reduced a stunning apartment today from 120,000€ to 99,000€ which has great sea views and lovely pool. 

Have a look at the website and give me a call - you won't have access to your PMs until you make 10 posts.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 2:22 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Now you come up with all the bargains after I just completed! 

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 5:33 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Mikegilham

We are in the process of privately selling our 3 bedroom appartment in the Murcia region overlooking a pool and with stunning views of the mountains. I cannot send you a PM due to you not having made enough posts but if you are interested, reply to this post and we will try and find a way of contacting each other.

Regards

Phil

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 6:34 PM by JORED Star rating. 137 posts Send private message

Hi Mikegilham

Like the other members on this thread I cant PM you as you are a new member

I have a 2 bedroom Apartment in the Mar Menor region (La Manga)  with communal swimming pool

Its  less then 5 minutes walk to the beach

The Apartment also has a Private car parking space and a large storeroom

Price Euro 110.000.00 (fully furnished to a high standard)

Best  regards

If you wish to veiw it at anytime please let me no on this Forum 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Distressed Sales- before repossession! - 1 posts
Paperwork regarding Spanish reg car in UK. - 3 posts
Altos De La Zubia - 1 posts
The evil of Cancer - 5 posts
Vias verdes in Spain - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 0 posts
URGENT sale of contract at Las Terrazas de la Torre very good discount - 0 posts
carol - 2 posts
What does PRI stand for? - 5 posts
Chris - 0 posts
Estepona Carnival 20th Feb - 1 posts
actual dates of fiestas in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to find out who owns a property - 9 posts
Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain - 10 posts
New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts
Air Con recommendations? - 0 posts
Denia or Javea - 7 posts
For Sale: Iveco Daily XLWB 3500kg. - 0 posts
How should a community be run? - 7 posts
wanted villa in pinar de campoverde - 0 posts
SUMA - A RANT !!! - 7 posts
Smoking in Spanish restaurants - 58 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x