Paperwork regarding Spanish reg car in UK.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi Folks,

Hopefully this is my first of many posts on this forum. So "Hola"

When I moved to Spain I brought my UK reistered right hand drive car over with me and then re-registered it in Spain.

One of my neighbours was relocating back to the UK and suggested that rather than him having a left hand drive car in the UK and me with a right hand drive car in Spain, that we simply swap cars. With both cars being of a similar age, milage and value it made sense. The Sumas for both cars had been paid so there was no urgency to complete the expensive change of ownership paperwork . I insured my left hand drive car in Spain and all was good. My old car has now been re-registered back in the UK.

With this years Suma bill imminant and my old car back in the UK on UK plates, will I receive a Suma bill for it? Do I need to inform Suma or traffico that the car is no longer in Spain, or will the DVLA have informed traffico?

I recently lost my job so I am in no rush to change the ownership details here in Spain. The car is registered at the former owners property that they still own here in Spain and when the suma bill arrives I will pay this one, but do not want to end up shelling out for two lots of road tax.

Your help is appreciated.

Steve

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 12:08 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Hi,

I see you have had no reply but luckily I had to find out for a neighbour of mine.

Right the UK DVLA will not inform the original country of origin so that is upto you and it should be done ASAP as if you return to Spain you could find yourself lumbered with a big backdated suma bill and summons..

This FAQ really helped :

www.myspain.es/forum/motoring-spain/11497-de-registering-car-spain-leaving-selling-your-car-outside-spain.html

This message was last edited by delza on 2/24/2009.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:18 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hi Delza,

Thanks for the info. I printed off the forms no problem.

For anyone that is interested who lives in and around the Hondon area there is a German lady who travels into Trafico in Alicante each week to sort out expat problems/ register cars etc. She is fluent in Spanish, English, Dutch and German (makes you sick doesn't it). She is cheap as well.

Please pm me for her details.

Steve

Like 0      
26 Feb 2009 9:21 AM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

no problem glad I could help!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Altos De La Zubia - 1 posts
The evil of Cancer - 5 posts
Vias verdes in Spain - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 0 posts
URGENT sale of contract at Las Terrazas de la Torre very good discount - 0 posts
carol - 2 posts
What does PRI stand for? - 5 posts
Chris - 0 posts
Estepona Carnival 20th Feb - 1 posts
actual dates of fiestas in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to find out who owns a property - 9 posts
Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain - 10 posts
New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts
Air Con recommendations? - 0 posts
Denia or Javea - 7 posts
For Sale: Iveco Daily XLWB 3500kg. - 0 posts
How should a community be run? - 7 posts
wanted villa in pinar de campoverde - 0 posts
SUMA - A RANT !!! - 7 posts
Smoking in Spanish restaurants - 58 posts
DVD player from the UK - 10 posts
Jet2 relax some of their charges - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x