Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2009 9:56 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Good news on the F1 front today. Looks like the former Honda team are going to be testing at Silverstone on Friday and in Barcelona next week, with Jenson and Rubens.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 10:02 AM by titan Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Guys and gals

For a long time now I have trying to get together with some motorsport fans. I am an ex racing driver and instructor at Ascari. How many fans out there would like to bring their cars along and drive at a race circuit on a track day? The more people I can get, the cheaper it gets. Regards Pete

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 1:48 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

I don't think that my Renault Laguna Estate will be up to it.

Mind you it did very well on the Monday following the valencian Grand Prix. I took a wrong turn and ended up on the track. Managed to complete about 1/2 the lap before the Guardia Civil "black flagged me"!

It was one of Renaults best results last year.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 6:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Chelsearoy, there's directions here, although not very clear. It's just off the Arcos road east of Jerez and well signposted "circuito de velocidad". Parking for €1 just outside the entrance. If you're coming from Malaga or nearby, I recommend taking the Campillos road out of Malaga and then the Olvera / Arcos road from Campillos. It's a nice drive and so much better than the coast route via Algeciras. Last testing day is tomorrow.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 3/4/2009.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 8:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

firsteuro, great news about Honda.  They have always been so strong and with such a great history in F1.  I hope we do see them on the grid this year.

titan, Ascari is a beautiful circuit but it seems to be very exclusive (i.e. very expensive).  There is a company called Track Days Spain that has been arranging track days at Guadix and Almeria.  I've been a few times and it's great fun.

However, it's been very difficult for them to get the numbers to justify it.  Seems many people want to go but then don't turn up.

Maybe have a chat with Mike from Track Days Spain to see if you can arrange something together.

Or maybe give me a free  driving lesson there and I'll do lots of promotion for you   (worth a shot)

By the way, in my previous engineering days I was actually involved in the original engineering of the wheel hub units for the Ascari KZ1...small world hey?!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 1:30 PM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Does anyone have any ideas what the (ex) Honda team will be called?

Phoenix might be suitable.....

Like 0      
05 Mar 2009 6:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Virgin Honda?

Slim chance, at least until they run hybrid F1 cars.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 11:09 AM by chelsearoy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks for info Roberto, I decided to wait until week after next as the weather was a bit crap this week!

Roy 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 2:14 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Well the news is out now Ross Brawn has taken over ownership of the Honda team. Subject to aproval by the FIA they will be known as the Brawn Formula One GP Team . They will be using mercedes engines I believe. Jensen Button and Rubins Barrichello are being retained as drivers. So hopefully their continued perseverance will show some results come 29th March and the forthcomming season.

Bob

This message was last edited by Jet48 on 3/6/2009.

This message was last edited by Jet48 on 3/6/2009.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 4:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Good idea, Roy - we would have waited too if we'd known they were going to announce more dates.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 6:55 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

McLaren set to save about £10m next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 6:31 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Roberto, can you please tell me if there are seating facilities at the circuit and if you can take food (sarnies) in?

Thanks!!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 6:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes, as long as it isn't raining because there's only open grandstand seating. And yes, take your sarnies because the alternative is overpriced hotdogs &  not much else.

Last day tomorrow and only Williams testing.

Nice to see Jensen doing so well, but it's a different game this year isn't it? Under new rules announced today, Massa wouldv'e been champion last year.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 7:05 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Thanks Roberto!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 2:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just watched the video...it's very good, very clever.  I'll embed it here

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 2:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Loved the video, Roberto!! 

Not, at this time, a supporter of the new rules (especially as we won't be able to see them testing at Jerez in July!!).  The point system has been effective for years, why change it?   But we'll see what happens this season - no doubt, they'll change something else next year!!

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 5:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Latest sports news:

Max Moseley buys Premier League, Bernie Ecclestone buys Man Utd.

The two old farts now have English soccer nicely sewn up. New rules for next season will mean whichever team wins the most games, will lift the Premiership trophy at the end of the year. Ecclestone is confident that before wage and transfer caps are introduced for the 2010-2011 season, he will be able to buy just about every professional footballer with more than one leg, and so expects his newly aquired Manchester outfit to start the season flying with a 20 game winning streak, after which they won't need to turn up to any more games as the trophy will already be in the bag. Since nobody will bother buying tickets to, or TV rights to games with only one team playing, the other teams will never be able to raise enough funds to buy any decent players even after transfers are capped at £30m for the following season, so by default, his team will win every season thereafter - except that nobody will be paying to see it anymore of course. As a result, they will demand full control of UEFA and then FIFA, which they will get because everybody else in the football world will be scared of these two ranting morons by then, and beccuase nobody can be bothered to stand up to them, and within a couple of years they will implement their crazy new rules across the board and destroy the beautiful game completely.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 6:50 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Well said Roberto very subtle,totally agree.

Bob

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 9:59 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Good news it's just been announced that due to protests by the teams, that the championship will be decided on points this season.The decision on race wins deciding the championship being defferred untill 2010.

Bob

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 7:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Oh dear God, I was only joking, but it's come true - it must be true, it's in the Telegraph:

Some people are on the pitch...they think it's all over...it is now. Well maybe not...

GaryM What if Max Mosley ran football....

Zurich, June 2012.

Max Mosley leaves his third floor office and enters the boardroom for his first meeting since becoming president of FIFA, maybe a touch of nerves but he knows what must be done and he is well prepared. After a few introductions and idle chatter over coffee and HobNobs Max dives straight in, he seems keen to make an impression.

He stands at the front of the room and begins a Powerpoint presentation, a few startled faces, maybe a few groans, this is FIFA after all, they usually use a slide projector for these things. Images begin to flash before them, Wembley stadium, 1966, England versus Germany, black and white photographs, tackles...passes...goals. A photograph of the clock tells us that it is extra time and then the final image 'flies from right' and into view... Geoff Hursts 101st minute goal, frozen in time, and certainly not over the line, nowhere near.

"No goal" exclaims Max, "I have had the boys working over this all week and we can say with 100% certainty that this was not a goal".

Max takes a deep breath, everyone else looks on in bemusement, some even wake up.

"We have decided to award the 1966 World Cup to Germany", Max looks pleased with himself now, like the cat who got the cream.

"What about England?" a rather startled and small man says from the back of the room.

"England are disqualified, we have decided that it was Portugal who lost to Germany in the final. The FA have been informed, Bobby Charlton is on his way here now to return the trophy."

Stunned silence.

"Geoff Hurst lied to everybody and he will be punished, we have decided to ban him for 3 years and of course we will be getting all the medals returned".

Everybody is awake now though only the small man is willing to speak up. "We can't do that, what about the fans? what about the sport?, how can we just decide to change a result after the event is finished?"

Max is taken aback by this, he seems shocked that this is not going down too well. "Fans? What are you talking about man? We are not doing this for the fans, this is serious business, I will not tolerate rules being broken, especially from a bunch of upstarts who dare to beat Germany by cheating. What in God's name have the fans got to do with anything? This is nothing to do with sport. I don't care how long people have to wait for, the truth will come out eventually, it always does."

The small man nervously looks around, everyone seems keen to avoid eye contact. "We will not let you, we can vote this down".

Max smiles, "You never got the memo it seems, oh dear. We don't run the football anymore, the decision has already been made by the new owner. I have managed to rid us of the tiresome burden of actually having to run a sport. No, I have sold the football off and now we are just in charge of handing out the punishment."

Max is finished, he winks, turns and heads for the door.

"Right, come on, let's get cracking. Much to do yet, somebody get me Diego Maradona on the phone".

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x