taking your dog to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by hammy26 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Has anybody any info on the best why to take my 2 little dogs to Mojacar from Edinburgh  with me.

Cheers

Like 0      
07 Feb 2009 9:59 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Hammy26

Try searching forum Taking pets to Spain might help.

Pat

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 10:16 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We have driven twice from Dumbarton to Murcia with 2 King Charles spaniels and the most difficult part is coming back and timing their boosters to enter the UK.

Otherwise it is easy as long as they have ID chip,immunisations etc. and pet passports.We took 3 nights at Etap hotels(they allow 1 dog per room) and used the Tunnel as they were with us all the time.

DEFRA is a site worth searching for details. Someone on this site has a good blog on the journey south.

Some airlines take dogs. One of our neighbours paid £800 for one journey!

Daveil

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 12:09 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi Hammy26

We brought our 2 pups with us last May and had an ovenight stay in Plymouth and then used the Plymouth to Santander ferry. We then drove through Spain with an overnight stop at Teruel in the Hotel Reina Cristina which allowed both pups in our room. We carried on our drive down the east coast of Spain until we arrived at Terreros in Almeria. Because we had our car stolen a month before we were due to travel we ended up doing the journey in a clapped out Peugeot 205 and so we restricted our driving time to 6 hours a day but in a car with a bit more comfort and air conditioning it would be easier to do the journey quicker.

All the details of our journey are on my relocate to spain blog (link is in my signature) in May 2008 if you want to have a look. We would personally have preferred to drive through the tunnel and then France & Spain so that we could keep the pups with us but unfortunately we weren't sure the car would make it and thought missing France out would ease any problems if we did break down.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 4:36 PM by hammy26 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for the information regarding the dogs, We are building a new home (part time) in a place called El Saltador about 25km from your family , we hope to be ready about May 2009 . I will be travelling from Scotland so it will be quite a trip for the dogs the are both poms Roxy & Marco jaust about a year old .

I,ll keep you posted and let you now how we get on.

Cheers

Jim & Margaret

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 8:24 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

I regularly take my 2 cavalier king charles spaniels through the tunnel driving through France and Spain to Dream Hills in South Costa Blanca. They are really good travellers. We have one overnight stop going to Spain and 2 overnight stops back. I have now got a third cavalier puppy, so it will be his first trip this year, I hope he is as good in the car as the others; somehow I doubt it!!!! He is a real little character and gets into mischief all the time he is awake!

Julia

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 10:03 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

"He is a real little character"

Well let's have a look at him then!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 1:55 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

this is bailey he is now 14 weeks old

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 1:59 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

this is bailey he is now 14weeks old

This message was last edited by jules1 on 2/10/2009.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 2:15 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Awwwwwwwwwww!! He looks as though butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

But he was obviously up to his tricks and fiddling with the computer keyboard when you posted his picture!!!

I'd need a screen 6 feet wide to see all of him.!

He's a lovely little chap.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 3:54 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

awww - what a cutie!

gorgeous little face

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:02 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks busylizzie, but believe me he is quite hard work at the moment as he is into everything!!!!!!! This is the first time I have had a dog, my last 6 were all bitches and were very laid back compared to him! But I agree he is adorable, a little angel in wolf's clothing!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:19 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

ha ha - that's really funny (although obviously not for you - sorry)!  I won't even ask about shoes!

I have a bulldog myself (a boy too), and I have usually had bitches so I understand, although mine is very good and quite docile compared to other dogs.

Hopefully you will get to see him soon - we're trying for the Siesta Show this weekend .....

I'm just curious - Bulldogs have recently been banned from Crufts and now the Kennel Club - I heard this was also going to happen to King Charles's too - have you heard anything?

I hope I don't start a war on EOS about dogs!!  

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 6:24 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

I have herd that they are thinkinhg about it, but nothing definate. How about a picture of your docile boy then?

Julia

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 6:25 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

I have herd that they are thinkinhg about it, but nothing definate. How about a picture of your docile boy then?

Julia

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 4:51 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Here he is .......... sorry it took so long to upload!

I do admit that he has a face "only a mother could love" but I really couldn't love him any more

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 5:46 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Sorry I can't see him, all I see is a box with a red cross in it! I am sure that  he is gorgeous though. I always think it's the character that is the most important though - in my experience dogs are far more loyal than people

and love you unconditionally; it's a shame that there are those who mistreat some of them, I really can't understand why - I would do the same to them!. Bailey is a lttle dogs with attitude at the moment, but I am hoping as

he gets bigger he will lose the attitude a bit!

Julia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts
Dunelm offer... wow ! - 0 posts
Buying off plan - 4 posts
Van space to and from UK. - 1 posts
New To Forum - 1 posts
lisa stych-waterlily1975 - 7 posts
Advice needed please - 2 posts
GerardG - 1 posts
Post Office box (Apartado de Correos) - cost of annual renewal? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x