My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We have been living in Costa Blanca for 15 years. It used to be easy to find a decent restaurant, but not anymore. The quality and the prices are most often going to opposite directions.

There are still a few you can count on. Our favourite place is Ca L'Ángeles in the picturesque village of Polop. It has always been more than perfect, both the food and the recommended wines. I would dare to say, it is the best place to have valencian food.

Ca L'Ángeles is a white-blue building on the main street, very easy to find.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2009 10:44 AM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi again,

I would like to add my favourite wine shop, La Vinoteca.

Address: C./La Niña - Edf.Apolo V. - Local  5

Mrs. Cecilia Spiegel is running the place and she is speaking English! She is a charming lady and the best source of information about the Spanish wines, that I know.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 12:21 PM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I just found some Ca L'Angeles reviews from verema website:

Sorry, I still don't have the right to add a direct link. But it's pretty easy. Go to the verema website, click restaurantes, search for Ca L'Angeles...

Intereting site this verema, I must add.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 10:58 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

I agree about the restaurants on the Costa Blanca - good ones are very difficult to find. Have you tried the Venta La Montana at Benimantel  ?- It's actually on the Alcoi Road. It's a lovely Spanish restaurant and reasonably priced.I think it is mentioned in the Michelin guide.You always need to book ahead as it is very very busy particularly  Sunday lunchtime.

We will definately try the Ca L'Angeles !

Thank you

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 11:52 AM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Yes, I know the Venta la Montaña in Benimantell.

It is very typical of Costa Blanca that the restaurants in mountain regions are usually more interesting.

My recent experiences are from the northern Spain. Restaurante La Galería in Logroño (La Rioja) was very, very good. Thumbs up for nice personnel and very interesting seleccion of wines. (Valmiñor and Fillaboa were missing from the seleccion of Albariños though...)

And last weekend we were surprised at a Restaurante - Cafetería Volován. We were hungry, late for a dinner, we did not expect anything special, but, food was fantastic! For example, bonito was the best I have ever tasted.

Volován is in Cantabria between the little towns called Gama and Santoña. It looks like a pub, when you get in, but... I bet they will surprise you too!

Like 0      
02 Jul 2009 12:47 PM by schumarc Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

when it comes to good restaurants on the costa blanca.......i am a little surprised, not to find the "Nou Manolin" mentioned. granted - it is about two years ago that i have been there for the last time, but i cannot imagine that it is not an excellent restaurant anymore! if you know different - please let me know! because so far, the "Nou Manolin" is on my absolute to-do-list for this september!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2009 11:12 AM by firsteuro Star rating in Hondon de las Nieves. 58 posts Send private message

firsteuro´s avatar

Hello All,

I am located a little further south than you chaps,located on the CB South  however I do appreciate the lack of consistently good restaurants.

There are plenty of them out there, it is just a case of putting in the leg work and finding them. Word of mouth is a double edged sword when it comes to restaurants. We have all been to a restaurant recommended by a friend or neighbour only to be disappointed and vice versa.

Away from all the tourist traps on the coast in San Miguel de Salinas is the Meson del Prado, Spanish owned and run offers excellent value for money and a large and varied menu, however it is hidden in the back streets of the town.

In my village of Hondon de las Nieves two of the best restaurants can be found on the poligono industrial (Industrial Estate) and the sea food restaurant located in the deportivo (sports area).The poligono restaurante has a fantastic menu del dia, and the sports area restaurant serves a seafood platter I have never bettered.

In the sister village of Hondon de los Frailes there are two great restaurants that are Brit owned. There is 28, which takes advantage of a fantastic location with an outdoor seating area overlooking the fantastic mountain scenary and the newly opened La Buena Vida, which sells predominantly Italian styled food. Both of these establishments have raised the disappointingly low bar in the village, so lets hope the quality continues improving and they do not rest on their laurels.

Steven Bromley

Like 0      
22 Oct 2009 12:06 PM by yvonnebarton Star rating in Rickmansworth, Herts.... 27 posts Send private message

Would also praise Meson del Prado @ San Miguel de Salinas as a very nice restaurant!  Went there last month, had a lovely meal with good service.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2009 7:32 AM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

There's great restaurants in Playa Flamenca Commercial Centre. English, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Hungarian, Thai etc.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts
Another victory for our lawyer . - 10 posts
Delivery of goods from the UK - 6 posts
I'm not good enough for an Algorfa forum - 1 posts
Free Sky TV - 3 posts
1.9 stalite dish &sky box with card for sale - 12 posts
table tennis table, exterior wanted - 7 posts
Repossession - 1 posts
Private messages HELP PLEASE!!! - 11 posts
Dunelm offer... wow ! - 0 posts
Buying off plan - 4 posts
Van space to and from UK. - 1 posts
New To Forum - 1 posts
lisa stych-waterlily1975 - 7 posts
Advice needed please - 2 posts
GerardG - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x