Buying a resale property - need my hand held!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Mar 2007 3:37 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 6:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Blimey Tinto thats a tall order - send a message to Rixxy she is on the button for the Golden Mile - lots and lots of different urbs and because of where it is tends to command premium prices - whether there is anything that is sold under value there is another matter - be careful though because there are people out there who will say one minute from the Golden Mile and its up in bloody Nagueles or even on the top of La Concha (the mountain - great views on a clear day but hell of a commute)

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 9:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

message edited at request of other member 

(Personally I think that if somebody doesn't know where the area you ask about is, then they are unlikely to be able to answer your question anyway, so what the hell?

This message was last edited by Roberto on 3/22/2007.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 3/22/2007.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:23 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

It might be the vino Roberto, or the moon, or even the equinox (??)  - but that's the best laugh I've had all day!!

Jane

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:42 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Talking of wine, Jack Handy (who ever he may be) once said:

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drinkI feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
Sorry Janice, we'll get back to the topic now......

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:44 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

You have my soul!

Jane

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:45 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Good shout Rob but dont you just love a strong woman! Like the idea on the wine too - thats my philosophy about Guinness and Bushmills if someone is going to go to the trouble of making it, it would really be so rude of me not to drink it

This message was last edited by Smiley on 3/20/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Enough already!

Back to topic, kids. I just bought a re-sale today. It's a complete sh1thole and needs a LOT of imagination, but the view's to die for. Notary wasn't too stressful - lawyers and agents aside, and all went fairly smoothly.

There, that should keep the moderators happy!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 10:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
The thread says Need my hand held. Rob you only had to ask and would have been there like a ferret up a drainpipe

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 11:07 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I thought ferrets went up trouser legs, and that's NOT where you'll find my hand.

Anyway, it was me who needed to hold the lawyer's and agent's hands. They even forgot the bleedin' key!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 12:30 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

KIn ell - not the first time - nor will it be the last - went to one last year the bank turned up without the cheques - had another one where the vendors bank was refusing to cancel the existing mortgage - wanted to get client to take on previous owners mortgage - like the Keystone Cops - absolutely farcical -

Ferrets only go down trouser legs if you force them and use the right bait - otherwise they feel most comfortable racing up drainpipes - have made a lengthy study of it when I gave up trainspotting and wrote a thesis on it - could forward a copy if you like

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 9:45 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Better to turn up to one like we did only to be told by the sellers lawyer that the ex wife didnt have nie certificte (didnt need it in the old days) and he THOUGHT the bank would be ok about it.

And the lazy sod didnt even tell us this when we rang to confrim the signing was still on! So we went anyway.

So, wheres the wine - ready for a glass or two about now... and Ferrets - thats another story but many years ago living in Kent I had one, called nipper ...eeeee by gum, I remember it well - but next doors rabbit was rather frightened of it!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:13 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I have had em turn up without passports, NIE's - even after a reminder to ensure they bring them

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 3:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh yes I had one of those as well - he sent his girlfriend back in a taxi from Marbella to Torremolinos to fetch it, leaving me to sit with the stroppy spanish buyers and keep them from walking out.

Mind you this was after they asked for a reduction in the purchase price - AT NOTARY - as the furniture was included but they already had a double bed.... thought they could get 150 euros discount.

Give me strength!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 8:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Last property we sold, we were in the notary's office in Malaga 5 hours. First the buyer turned up late, later still came their lawyer, then their bank manager. They then proceeded to fill out all the paperwork for their life insurance and mortgage application. The buyer's brother turned up as referee - with his wife and 6 month old screaming brat. When we finally got to do our bit (sign on the dotted line - 2 minutes) we discovered that the B money had not arrived! The bank manager gave us an al portador cheque, and offered to take us to her bank ( which was now closed, at 4p.m.) to open up and cash it. We did so, counted our B money in the bank, then left. The manager forgot to ask for the cheque back.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:25 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry mate but you know I just have to ask ....... and you know what it is thats coming dont you?  Well did you ...... go on did you? And did they ..... did they?  And did you get away with it ..... well did you? UN Ç?¿?¿¿?? Believable - dont forget to answer and you can do it by PM if you like

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

LOL!!!

PM coming your way - this is gettting way to hot for public discussion. You know what I mean? Don't fancy getting banged up with Roca.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:29 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Look forward to it - did you get mine about Gerry? Never sure if those bloody things get where they meant to.

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Got it, thanks. Will give him a call.

What does that "Gerry built" mean? (I'm too young to remember)

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Mar 2007 11:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Think it meant built by German POW's who were not enthusiastic about their labours - his results definitely not of that variety

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Recommended Eateries . - 26 posts
Mercedes Benz C270CDI -K ( Station waggon) - 1 posts
Read online newspapers & magazines here (Costa Blanca, Costa Calida, Costa Del Sol etc) - 2 posts
Self Drive van hire - 3 posts
do we have any rights at all - 16 posts
Are Car rental companies making you break the Law in Spain! - 57 posts
Paying Taxes in Spain (Non Residents) Donations to Emma's fund - 68 posts
Buying bedding - 11 posts
Eye on Spain review - Developers & Agents - 1 posts
General personal Spanish Tax - 6 posts
employment - 0 posts
new properties being built in the alicnte province are getting smaller? - 0 posts
Dream Hills 2 Forum - 1 posts
MAR Y SOL FORMENTERA DEL SEGURA - 10 posts
Cheap airport parking at Alicante - 3 posts
Technical Architect / Building Surveyor - 1 posts
Italy - 2 posts
Communal Areas - 10 posts
Can anyone help - 2 posts
Funny Videos you have to giggle at. - 255 posts
ADVICE NEEDED ON CHOOSING AN AREA TO LIVE - 11 posts
Cheap furniture packages - 34 posts
psi lawyers? - 21 posts
Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 134

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x