wealth and income tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2009 12:55 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

Hi Neil

Thanks for your reply

One last question.

Can you just go into a bank with the tax form and pay the bill with cash without having an account with that bank.

many thanks once again for all your help

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
12 Mar 2009 1:01 PM by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

Hi Peteranne

In short, yes you can, but if you don't have an account with the bank note what I've said about the bar code.....

Like 0      
13 Mar 2009 3:06 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

I have started a separate thread, but just wanted to come back here go say that the Spanish website itself now clearly states that the deadline for submission of this year's modelo 210 to pay renta is December - confirming my post last week.   I posted the link on the new thread.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 7:59 PM by londoneye Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Okay, I am totally confused now!

For the past 2 years I have been paying taxes as a non resident on my Spanish property throught my Spanish accountants at a ridiculous accountant fee.  My questions are:

1. What TAX(S) do I need to pay as a non resident?

2  Can I avoid these taxes by becoming registered as is my intention in the next few months?

3. What are the benefits of being registered to live in Spain - Tax, NHS, Social Security etc?

Many thanks.

Mike

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 8:06 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Hello Londoneye.  As I have previously stated I am not a fiscal rep BUT i do know that if you own your property in Spain, it is for your own use i.e. not rented out and you have no other Spanish oncome you only need to complete the modelo 210 and pay the renta tax to the Agencia Tributaria.  The SUMA/IBI is another property tax but is payable by all property owners, not just non residents.

As for benefit of being registered as resident in Spain, I will let the fiscal reps answer, but it will basically depend on what your income is, if you are working or in recept of pension etc.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 10:44 PM by londoneye Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Thanks Leswill,

Yes that helps...a bit more!

I am not working and will not be receiving any income in Spain and I am not a pensioner. Lucky old me !

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 12:38 PM by NeilinElche Star rating in Elche. 40 posts Send private message

Hi Londoneye

If you are a resident and own just the one property (in effect your main home) then no income is deemed to arise from your home and therefore there's no need to file a 210 return.

As a resident you'll be required to file a residents tax return every year, and you may very well pay less income tax in Spain than you currently pay in the UK. Lots of people believe that taxes in Spain are higher than in the UK, but due to the source of many ex pats incomes, particulary those that are retired, it's more often the case that their tax liabilities are lower in Spain. 

Trust this helps.  

Like 0      
03 Apr 2009 9:51 PM by londoneye Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi NeilenEche,

Yes that's helpful, mucha gracias. Now  I  need to register, sort out my driving licence to a Sapnish one and buy a cheap second hand car.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TDT TV guide - 3 posts
Parcela - 7 posts
Digital TV - 0 posts
Hi New member - 2 posts
printed merchandise - 1 posts
Hi Everyone, can anyone help me with Self-Cert mortgage info? - 3 posts
Trampolin Hills, Trampolin Solera, the company and it's Directors - 6 posts
looking for a serious business partner - 0 posts
Mo Anthony - 2 posts
Were you going through Arriba Homes to buy your Santa Ana (San Jose) property? - 0 posts
Enguera - 5 posts
What happen with my money if my Bank goes bust? - 12 posts
Free flight Faro LondonSat 11th October - 0 posts
RED HOT HOMES - 2 posts
Current situation - 22 posts
Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 128

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x