The boy in the striped pyjamas

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/boy/

Click on it and....

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 7:49 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I read about this film the other day. I can't wait to see it!

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 8:10 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria, went to see Mamma Mia last week and they showed a preview of this film, looks really good.   Pat

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 8:12 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

My friend read the book  some time ago and found it very, very upsetting. She has said she wouldn't be able to watch the film.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 8:25 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Mama Mia, now you're talking (or more likely singing!) what a fantastic film it was.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 12:54 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maria, we've just downloaded the film so I'll be watching it tomorrow with luck.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 9:14 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Watched the film this morning.

In the film Bruno was a boy of eight years old. I was seven when war was declared and lived in London, from where I was evacuated a couple of times but happened to be back in London for the blitz, plus the V1 and V2 rockets!!

I thought I was hard done by but watching that dear little boy in the striped pyjamas made me realise that whatever I had endured was nothing compared to the fate that befell so many people at the hands of maniacs!!

To rub salt in the wound, we have some caudillos that say the holocaust never happened. They should be made to wear those pyjamas!!

Sorry to jump on my soap box but yes, very moving, a great film!!

pilgrim

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 9:51 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I saw Bella the other day. Very moving film too. I recommend it to you all.

www.bellathemovie.com.au

It is being shown in Spain, commencing November the 7th. 
Do not miss it!
Already in DVD.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 4/5/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 11:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh Maria, that looks wonderful.  A real tear jerker. Thank you for posting the link to its trailer.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 7:04 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

I read the book ¨the boy in the striped pyjamas¨ and cried so I really don´t think I could face watching the film.  It was an amazing book to read, so well written and easy to just get totally immersed into.  By the sound of it the film is just as good. 

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 7:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Pilgrim, my father is the same age as you. At seven years old he made the frightening & perilous journey from Prague to London with his mother and brother. Others of his family were not so lucky to make it. Were it not for the bravery and determination of my grandmother, I would not be posting here today.

We should never forget.

More....hope that's a legal download?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2009 8:13 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Roberto,

I remember many years ago, the Daily Telegraph, issued a black and white booklet, A4 landscape, I think, some years after the second world war, entitled "Lest We Forget".

It portrayed on every page, the horrendous torture and mutilation that  people suffered during the holocaust.

I am so very glad that you and I and others like us, are able to enjoy a life in comparative safety as a result of the sacrifices made by others!

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts
Another new user - 14 posts
Restaurants in Moraira on Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Freeview vs Freesat vs Freesatfromsky vs Sky and how to spot a rebroadcaster - 17 posts
minibus - 0 posts
Implications of Not Completing - 39 posts
7 Seater people carrier -Ford Galaxy 2002-1.9TDCI - 6 SPEED - OFFERS??? : - 4 posts
On-site facilities at San Cayetano - 3 posts
8 pay day's till we move out there - 8 posts
Official numbers of the National Office for Rentals - 0 posts
Proper Driving licence - 5 posts
Loosing a passport - 9 posts
Posted on Palmera Site - 5 posts
New at rentals - 1 posts
Transporting a Motorbike - 0 posts
27th September - Coming to Almoradi - 3 posts
primary school in frigliana - 12 posts
Gemma´s Bilingual & Property Services - 0 posts
Would you use a childminder - 3 posts
O2 XDA 11S UNLOCKED - 0 posts
Needed - Desperately - Moped Handbook - 0 posts
Hi..i'm lovekiwis(don't ask!),new to here,but in Pilar Horadada area 8 years - 8 posts
Good Manana - 29 posts
From bad to worse, whats going on? wheres my money gone? - 54 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x