Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi all,

I know a Jacuzzi/Hot Tub isn't strictly furniture, but seeing as other people have started threads in this section on Garden Furniture, I thought this might be the right section for my question!?!

Anyways, can anyone recommend a company on the CDS, between Gibraltar and Marbella, that supply and install Jacuzzis/Hot Tubs in that area.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 10:37 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

NOBODY!?!?!?!

We are talking the CDS here, I thought EVERYONE owned a Hot Tub!!

Na! Only kidding!

Surely however, somebody on this forum must have purchased a Hot Tub from somewhere along the west end of the Costa Del Sel.

I've found two companies doing a quick google search, one is in Estepona and seem quite reasonable, so I will let you know how I get on.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 10:06 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Well,

One of the Spa companies I found that advertised in JUNE 08 Edition of 'The Sentinella' seems to have gone bust! The telephone number keeps coming back as 'temporary out of order' and the mobile from the website has a Spansh woman saying "the voice mail is full".

The company is called: Residencespas.com

The other company I've found seem to be able to 'talk the talk' and we will be visiting their showroom when we get out there. Their Spas start at 5.995€ which is a bit heafty, however it seems very good spec. I have been asked to pay delivery on top of the installation, and the installation is going to cost 900€ due to the fact that we need a large crane, at a hire cost of 650€, to lift the Jacuzzi onto the roof top solarium. So all in all, it seems to be a good service that they are offering.

This comoany is called: Hydrospring.es and can be found here: www.hydrospring.es/

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 10:38 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Hi 

Be careful when looking at cheap hot tubs as you do get what you pay for. I looked at the website you mentioned and they do seem of a reasonable quality.Havea look at a company called Hotspring im sure they must have a dealership on the CDS. They are a truly proffessional company with superb after sales service. Something which would worry me with one of the cheap China imports that are around at the moment. Hotsprings are an American company with there own range of Spas and chemicals etc.

You should also bear in mind the maintainence as they do take a lot of looking after and getting the chemical balance right is a bit of a science. We have owned a spa now for three years and still struggle. 
Are you permantly in Spain? as they do need maintaining at least once per week.

Also do not be tempted with a tub with a lie down section, as you will find nobody uses it. (You keep floating to the surface in the lie down position. One with more seats is much better. Especially if you have family and friends using the tub as well. We made the mistake of having a tub with a lie down section but if we could choose again we would gofor one without.

If you need the answer to any more questions send me a pm and i will try to help best i can.

At the end of the day they are a lot of fun we use ours in all weathers including rain and snow. Christmas day with a bottle of champagne, cannot beat it!

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 1:16 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Samson,

Thanks for the info and advice, most appreciated.

We are moving to Spain in November and wanted to get the house fitted with furnniture, lights, Spa, etc before we move.

I have found the website for the company you are talking about, and they have three showrooms across the CDS, the nearest to me is Aquapool Spas and their website is here:

www.aquapool.es/

They are a fair bit more expensive than Hydrospring, but having said that the specs and quality look the same to me!

Ah well! Will have to wait until I go out there and see these things in person.

In the mean time, somebody is looking into helping me purchase a 2nd hand Spa, so may go down that route.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/6/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 2:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The hot tub we had until recently was a Catalina. I have emailed them to see if they have an outlet in Spain and received the following:

Impact Modular Homes
Valencais IV 166,
Villarmartin,
Orihuela Costa,
Alicante,
Spain.

In the UK, they are a pretty good brand and relatively well priced. Although a little further up, they may have agents within the mainland that can get equipment closer to you.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 4:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Impact Modular - 0034 966 764 878 - Sara Wrigly

villamartinhottubcentre@yahoo.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 5:55 PM by martin Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

hi all, i am thinking of getting a hot tub weres the best an cheapest place to get a good one under 3500euro on CDS, do i need permission for one on my terrace as theres a car park beneat it?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2008 2:24 PM by JonnieBoy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Try Sotogrande spas on  956 695 337.  Derek and Dave are great and very helpful.  Sorry, had to post this as don't have pm facility yet.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 4:55 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

I have spent the last couple of years in the Hot Tub industry in the UK and can confirm that you tend to get what you pay for and the cheap chinese built tubs are to be avoided at all costs.     The "Hotspring" range sold by  www.aquapool.es   in San Pedro de Alcantara are very high quality with very low running costs.    They also sell the "Tiger River" spas which are built on the same production line, to the same standards, but with fewer features at a lower price.      The previous advice to avoid hot tubs with a lounger position is good, as many people buy one for their first tub but very few on their second tub. Anyone with natural bouyancy will have trouble staying on a lounger.

Hot Tubs do not change much from one year to the next, so don't be tempted to pay top money for a 2009 model as there should be some good deals on remaining 2008 stock.   A simple high quality hot tub will always be a better buy than a cheap tub with loads of features.

Jon

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 6:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I know that member J&N, (Jacqui & Neil) who are in Almeria, have JUST bought a hot tub.

Jacqui speaks about it in her blog.

They paid a lot, read about it in http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com/

EDITED TO ADD: Hi there Jon, long time no see. Do you fancy a pint soon in the local ? Lots to catch up on.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/23/2009.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 1:00 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

we have a canadian sp here in the uk...

it was pricey at the time we bought it , but is one of the best luxuries we ever invested in and so pleased i didnt go for a cheaper model..

they are a doddle to look after as long as you remember 'the higher the temp' the more you treat/keep on top of the chemical levels.. especially if young people fancy getting in!   we had all sorts in the filters and the heat creates build up if your not careful.

we now have an on off cord so the power to the spa is completely off most of the time.. it was too expensive having it filtering etc 24/7.. ..

unlike many material possessions , our spa has retained its value (not new obviously) but we still enjoy it as much now as the 7+ years ago we purchased it. 

in all the 7 years we had only one visit from a canadian spa chap who replaced the keypad free of charge and that was way after 12 months!

whatever your budget.... you will still get the bubbles and jets & heat of the water (heaven/) and seats that you wont be tall enough to lay in like me!.. so ok if your a fella...lol 

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 1:17 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

somebody mentioned the lounger.... for and against...

its really relaxing destressing to have neck to toe jets & bubbles unlike sitting in the various seats that concentrate on one area of your back...bit like musical chairs when changing seats, which is ok if not too many of you in it... if you get my drift!!!  

but if your not so tall like myself,  you float a little cant lie without the water level coming to your ears..  

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 1:24 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

We bought an Artic Spa again made in Canada about 4 years ago it has been excellent no problems at all and cheap to run,we have it on 24/7 all year round but turn it down to 30 deg to save power etc then turn it up to 38 ish a couple of hours before use.

Happy hot tubbing

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 1:51 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

JPD

my advise to anyone in spain is pay the cheapest price for the best quality spa... a 2nd user good quality spa is a better bet than a new cheaper less reliable model. its a buyers market for most things at the moment and i wish you the best of luck though i doubt you will need it.

used to have our spa on all the time but my daughters friends mess around with the programming and i would here the spa firing up all jets & blowers at all different times plus electric bill ran in to phone numbers. so now we turn it on as and when we feel the need, like you JPD .....mostly nearer weekends 

friend of mine in spain has a spa at her villa and its not my place to say but she pays someone to come switch on off treat etc which has irritated my hubby as he once had to turn the temp down they werent even in spain, wasnt even in economy mode so the programming was wrong!... we check on our friends villas when we are there.. 

i am lucky my hubby is in the electronics industry understands electrical /technical.. saved us a furtune dont need to rely on associated services...

can i ask do you leave your spa on 30 in economy or standard mode?

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 2:27 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi, yes we have ours on economy mode.

We too had our daughters and their friends messing around with the control panel (also like yours, the only thing to be replaced on the tub the whole time we have had it). Kids eh!!! (Well they are 21 and 19 now so a little less careless!!!!)

Mind you, we have had a few parties where most of the guests were in and out of the hot tub all night...drinks, cigs etc spilt in the hot tub and we have had to drain it the next day and start again! Its now  a ....NO SMOKING and only plastic glasses in the  tub rule!!

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 4:07 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

its funny i havent had the chance to exchange my 'spa' stories with anyone & you have jogged my memory and now i am laughing....

i wouldnt like find cigerettes that would really upset me.. my daughter is now 13 but when she was younger of the many stories i remember, her friend decided to climb in the spa with the biggest peice of chocolate cake & lost his footing and slid right under the water... it was a disgusting sorry sight!!  greedy child.... cleaning the mess was worth the belly laugh i got from such an ignorant child who had constantly took the peeee throughout

another time when the top was on the spa.. you know how expensive they are!!!! i found a child jumping up & down on it.. needless to say it fractured the inner solid polystyrene which absorbed the moister and deteriorated rapidly so that put us back a few hundred quid.. we enforced rules after that.... no more children! 

once we even found false eye lashes in the skimmer!!  deffo not my hubby's...lol

Like 0      
24 Jan 2009 4:07 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

its funny i havent had the chance to exchange my 'spa' stories with anyone & you have jogged my memory and now i am laughing....

i wouldnt like find cigerettes that would really upset me.. my daughter is now 13 but when she was younger of the many stories i remember, her friend decided to climb in the spa with the biggest peice of chocolate cake & lost his footing and slid right under the water... it was a disgusting sorry sight!!  greedy child.... cleaning the mess was worth the belly laugh i got from such an ignorant child who had constantly took the peeee throughout

another time when the top was on the spa.. you know how expensive they are!!!! i found a child jumping up & down on it.. needless to say it fractured the inner solid polystyrene which absorbed the moister and deteriorated rapidly so that put us back a few hundred quid.. we enforced rules after that.... no more children! 

once we even found false eye lashes in the skimmer!!  deffo not my hubby's...lol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

title deed - 5 posts
mobile homes - 1 posts
mortgage protection - 9 posts
doyouspain.com vs carjet.com - 14 posts
how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts
James Rowley - 0 posts
Our Holiday Experience - 1 posts
Players needed for the new season.... - 0 posts
Footie in Montesinos - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x