doyouspain.com vs carjet.com

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by superdon Star rating. 127 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I currently have a reservation with both these companies for a car in a couple of weeks. They are both with EUROPA RENT A CAR (GOLD CAR RENTAL) who I have used a few times now. I have always booked through carjet before, as they offered the best price. This time doyouspain.com are offering it for 10 Euro cheaper over the week.

The question is, am I getting the same levels of insurance cover and service with both these brokers? Or should I stick with what I know is good and pay the extra 10 Euro?

I am thinking its probably exactly the same deal from both?

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 7:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I booked with DYS and got Europa last year. I enquired about insurances and was told that no excesses applied to the rental period, with the usual exception of tyres, underside, et al. I haven't used DYS much this year as I have found their comunication to be slack. I have taken to using hirecarsinspain for the full/ ful policy they offer. I have no experience of Carjet.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 7:49 PM by superdon Star rating. 127 posts Send private message

Cheers Mark.

Like I say, I have bookings with both DYS and Carjet - both with Goldcar. I am just unsure if they both offer the same cover. Tried asking DYS - but as you say, communication seems very poor.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 7:55 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Stick with what you know. €10 difference  is peanuts. Piece of mind is worth that 10 times over. We have tried many car hire companies. Now we only use carjet.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 12:58 PM by superdon Star rating. 127 posts Send private message

okey dokey. that was my feeling. unless anyone else can tell me no probs with DYS and same service as carjet?

Like 0      
29 Aug 2008 2:03 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi
We have used DYS for the last 4 years, never had a problem, they even tried to help me out with the speeding ticket ! Oops. But they do use more than one car hire company, we have always ended up with Record,and we think they are great, staff very helpful, always had good cars. As we are out in the sticks a little we always upgrade the insurance package.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 9:54 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
we have used both over the years and found service fairly similar as they are only putting you on to a car hire company whose contract you sign.

For info have just booked 2 week deal in Sep with DYS for a Citroen C2 or similar which is their Special Offer for Eur 198 and that deal is with Auriga Crown.

If you are worried about fuel policy then  Econrent still looks best but no availability for me on my dates, left it too late.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 10:42 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

If you hire cars regularly then it might be worthwhile looking at this site for an annual policy, cheaper than paying extra to the hire car company each time.

It's http://www.insurance4carhire.com/ & you just claim if you need to off it.

hugh_man  have you emailed Simon on hirecarsinspain, as I think someone was in a similar situation and he managed to get a car for them.

Might be worth a try if you prefer to use them.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:53 AM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

Hi
And thanks you Semijubilada, never even knew you could get insurance for that, you will save me a small furtune, I have just always upgraded the insurance to cover all things, but not anymore.
Thanks again

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 12:08 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Glad to be of assistance but can't claim all the credit.  Normally others comment about this but perhaps they are on holiday?

There used to be a large thread about car hire with many useful items similar to this in it but it's been deleted for some reason.

We all have our favourites that we feel comfortable with, I always used Record but then the bad experiences out weighed the good so I changed companies.

Eventually I'll buy a car out there, then I'll be looking for recommendations for parking.

As you're using Record you must be flying into Alicante.  If you're flying with Easyjet don't forget that when you return you can drive up and park in front of terminal 2.  Check in and then take your car back to garage.  Saves a lot of walking with full cases, unless of course you travel with hand luggage only

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 12:15 PM by ms51 Star rating in uk/Los Alcazares. 100 posts Send private message

I do fly into Alicante, but use Flybe, and I have just found out they have reduced my christmas tickets by £82 (3 of us travelling) I booked them in July, and there is not a  thing I can due about it, I hate getting riped off, you book early to get cheaper flights and still get riped off.
And yes I only take hand luggage.And thanks again for the info.

This message was last edited by ms51 on 8/30/2008.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 2:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Just to say that the £45 policy will only cover the policy holder. If you go out at all separately and drive, one of you will not be covered. To have a "Family & Partners" policy costs £79.

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 8/30/2008.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 7:32 PM by Salters Star rating in Lancashire, UK. 5 posts Send private message

Salters´s avatar
We have used Carjet for the last four years and found the website easy to use. Each time the hire car was from different companies at Alicante airport, each time it was a brand new car, this summer it only had 6km on the clock and the manufacturers barcodes still on! We found Carjet to be a very good price. Basically if you don't know how it works, Carjet is a broker and uses whichever hire car company is the best deal. 

One thing that still annoys us, is each car hire company not stating that there is no emergency equipment in the car, we have sussed this out and ask for it. There is an excuse the car hire companies in Alicante airport  are using regarding not leaving this essential equipment in each car, the excuse is that the law regarding this is not applicable on airport land!!!

So always ask for the equipment despite a refundable deposit.   

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:14 PM by debbie 1964 Star rating in Stoke-on-Trent Staff.... 63 posts Send private message

I have booked with Encorent it has cost 114.57 euros / £88.82  for half term week 26/10- 3/11 .We have used them before with no problems. In May we had a 9 seater at a cost of £265 the lady was going to charge for fuel but we told her we were having full/full the cost was going to be 118 euros. We did a lot of driving that week and when we filled up it cost 64euros so it saved us 54euros.For us full/full is the best option, everyone else must make a fortune on Full/empty because sometimes you can't use all the fuel and they still charge you for it.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 11:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Long live Econorent!

Great service, never been let down yet.
(Alicante airport, white van in the public car park. easy to find)

Highly recommended.

Regards,

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 10/05/2011.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how do we go about getting all of our deposit back - 5 posts
ME TOO ! ! - 0 posts
GMTV: We're looking for expat families... - 0 posts
Unfurnished Duplex availabe for long term rent - 5 posts
FOR SALE: LHD FORD FOCUS GHIA 1.8 TDCi - 4 posts
Spanish I.B.I. bill. - 4 posts
Bad Tenants - 27 posts
Credit crunch times can play in favour of consumers.... why not? - 0 posts
Marina D'or holiday rentals - 0 posts
Money back through Credit Card Companies - 1 posts
Steve James? - Sky Card Supplier - 4 posts
WANT TO CATCH UP WITH THE PROGRAMS YOU'RE MISSING? TRY THIS - 9 posts
La Torre Keyholder - 0 posts
Reliable agent - 6 posts
Contract Term for Off Plan Purchase - 17 posts
Los Naranjos - 0 posts
Looking to rent - agent recommendations? - 1 posts
James Rowley - 0 posts
Our Holiday Experience - 1 posts
Players needed for the new season.... - 0 posts
Footie in Montesinos - 4 posts
Halogen Cooker - 17 posts
Community handover - 1 posts
Tax Form 215, Any Advice ? - 4 posts
CAR WANTED - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x