Telefonica .. No shop, no problem!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi All,

Today, after much searching for an easy way to sign up for a telephone landline and broadband, I found these guys:

www.telefonicainenglish.com/

As it says on the tin, they offer Telefonica Landline and/or Broadband (ADSL) up to 6 MB bandwidth (max download speed). I don't know what upload bandwidth they offer, but would have thought it will be 512k.

Basically, they work as a middle man, and for a small admin fee  they get everything done for you!

And they do it ALL IN ENGLISH!!!!

Think I might give them a try.

Will let you know how I get on.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 7:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi technoape

I had that saved in my EOS folder so I must've posted it somewhere maybe in utilities in Spain, I don't know.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 9:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
That company actually has quite a bad reputation.  Just search the forum and you'll see previous discussions about them.

Here is one of the threads.

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 8/18/2008.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:05 PM by jewels50 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

jewels50´s avatar
Try contacting telefonica yourself the service is much improved just ring 1004 wait till the spanish talking stops you will then be offered an option to speak to an english speaking operator,it really work,ive rung them a few times lately.Good Luck

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 10:49 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Thanks for the heads up Justin.

I've taken a closer look at their website, testing some of the links.

Most of the links to the 'English Manuals' don't work.

You CANNOT phone them if you have a query.

And worst of all, on the order page they ask you for your NIE, Passport and Bank Account details, and this page IS NOT SECURE!!!!!!

Hmm!

Methinks you could make my next sentence out of these words: BARGEPOLE, A, TOUCH, WOULDN'T, THEM, I, WITH

from me!

This is why I posted about this company on the forum BEFORE doing anything, as it shows you the merits of being a member of the EOS forum.

In one way I wished I hadn't posted the original thread, however it is good that I did, as it will stand as a warning for all.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 6:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
There was another one going by the name of Englishtelefonica or some such contrived drivel, possibly the same gang by another name. Their advertising is clearly intended to mislead people in to believing they are actually a part of Telefonica. 
Other people have sometimes posted on here about going into the local Telefonica shop. Whilst certainly a safer bet than these English outfits, since they are Spanish and actually do have a shop, they are NOT Telefonica shops, but agents re-selling Telefonica services. 
Although it's certainly true that Telefonica's own reputation is not the best when it comes to customer service, by far the best thing to do is what jewels50 advised -  dial 1004 and ask for an English speaking operator. Any middle men may be unreliable or even outright fraudulent, and further more, Telefonica doesn't seem to like dealing with them, so you can end up getting stuffed on two counts!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 6:48 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

Hello technoape, I will help you and your missus when you are over.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

DRIVERS! - Don't get nicked! - 2 posts
Body piercing in Spain - 0 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 3 posts
More bomb blasts in Malaga area - 0 posts
Another Earthquake - 19 posts
where do we start???? - 4 posts
Alcaidesa: the unknown area - 10 posts
Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama - 9 posts
Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts
hola to all veranda - 1 posts
hola to all veranda - 0 posts
Recent Visit - 2 posts
Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain - 14 posts
Los Hidalgos Manilva - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Leaving the rat race - 18 posts
PRESIDENT OF A COMMUNITY - 34 posts
Olympic Men's Four Final - 4 posts
JET2 FLIGHT CHANGE 2009 - 2 posts
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - 6 posts
Communidad de Propietarios to apply for Cédula. - 7 posts
Algeciras - 0 posts
Summer Holiday at Parque Botanico - 7 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x