Another Earthquake

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Morning Everyone,

Did you all feel the earthquake this mornng, anyone got any information on were it started? 

Sophiex

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:17 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Morning Sophie

Earthquake Information

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 2:04 PM by headghogg Star rating in La Zenia. 16 posts Send private message

headghogg´s avatar
shhhhhhhh!!!! I'm trying to convince my wife it was me!

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 5:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, I heard from Somerset.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 6:14 PM by Jammer80 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

another one this morning!!! about 6am or so.

bearing in mind that in march 1829 there was an earthquake which totally flattened Almoradí, I wouldn't be surprised if we could expect another major one soon!!

this is how 1829 started!!

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 6:53 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Jammer as More said earlier you are a ray of sunshine, as if things are not bad enough, with falling property markets, no tv and now the prospect of our properties turning to dust. thanks from cold wet Birmingham.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 7:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, you forgot the frozen bank accounts & mobiles being turned off too.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 7:26 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi More yes l did, didnt l, its worse than l thought. All l need now is no wine and no beer when l get there.(all destroyed in the earth quake.) l wont sleep tonight. 

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:43 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi More thanks for the 300 posts cake.l could eat it now,only 5257 to go to catch you up,Pat.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 9:17 AM by headghogg Star rating in La Zenia. 16 posts Send private message

headghogg´s avatar
Hmmmm Ive got just a little more than that to go!

Like 0      
20 Aug 2008 3:48 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Surely if the previous quake was a 3.7 and this latest one was a 2.8 then things are moving in the right direction?  Given the way that the Richter scale is constructed, the first quake was almost 10 times as powerful as the second

To give you an idea how these numbers can add up, think of it in terms of the energy released by explosives: a magnitude 1 seismic wave releases as much energy as blowing up 6 ounces of TNT. A magnitude 8 earthquake releases as much energy as detonating 6 million tons of TNT

As I said on the previous thread, this second earthquake was predicted (they just got the timing wrong by a few days)

Worldwide there are about 1000 quakes a day where the magnitude is between 2 and 2.8, and they are officially defined as minor

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 10:12 PM by Salters Star rating in Lancashire, UK. 5 posts Send private message

Salters´s avatar
We felt and heard this quake, can't believe it after telling our rather scared daughter ( who hid under the bed after the last one a week previous) that they are rare and would not happen again during the holiday!

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 11:54 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi does anyone know  how often are the earthquakes in this area i dont like the thought of being there when they happen.It sounds as if its often if the houses have to be made to with stand them.There was a an  earthquake in liverpool in the1980 at it was just under 8.0 and that was enough for me bye irene

Like 0      
30 Aug 2008 2:28 PM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar

There have been six earthquakes in the Alicante province which where 2.2 on the richter scale or above this year. 
I personally feel the earth is cooling down after the scoarching that it has had during this summer. We will have more that is for sure.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 1:57 PM by Sandra Thomas Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Have just come across this thread and was wondering if anyone other than me is wondering what can be done about all these bloody earthquakes!! I am in London, but we were in our apartment in Almoradi on 6 August. I have never been so scared and unitl then I thought I was quite tough!! It is a weird sensation and not one I am hoping to have to experience again. My 13 year old son says he doesn't want to go to Spain again ever!!

I don't suppose they have any way of predicting when tremors will happen but it would be handy if they could then I could plan my trips accordingly! Does anyone know if general insurance covers earthquake damage? I didn't think to check my policy for it!

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 3:59 PM by vakantiereizenspanje Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

For the latest earthquakes in spain please consult:
usgs spain

Bas
For maps and tourist information about spain:
webmaster:
3w.vakantiereizenspanje.nl

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 3:10 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Strong earthquake felt in Albatera today at 4.00pm, very scary

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 3:36 PM by KEN&LOU Star rating in Manchester. 6 posts Send private message

KEN&LOU´s avatar
For those people who are concerned about an earthquake happening when they are on holiday the safest way to avoid them is to book your flights with XL

Like 0      
13 Mar 2013 6:31 AM by nellschmertz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 13/03/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

where do we start???? - 4 posts
Alcaidesa: the unknown area - 10 posts
Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama - 9 posts
Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts
hola to all veranda - 1 posts
hola to all veranda - 0 posts
Recent Visit - 2 posts
Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain - 14 posts
Los Hidalgos Manilva - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Leaving the rat race - 18 posts
PRESIDENT OF A COMMUNITY - 34 posts
Olympic Men's Four Final - 4 posts
JET2 FLIGHT CHANGE 2009 - 2 posts
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - 6 posts
Communidad de Propietarios to apply for Cédula. - 7 posts
Algeciras - 0 posts
Summer Holiday at Parque Botanico - 7 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
schools - 2 posts
no samos pool??!! - 2 posts
TRANSLATING A WEBPAGE INTO ENGLISH. - 3 posts
San Javier (near Murcia Airport) Garage Required For Long term Rent - 0 posts
Telemicro Levante - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x