Broadband in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
can anyone tell us how much it is in spain for a broadband internet per month and is E-bay in Spain if no can things bought on e-bay here be delivered to Spain

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 9:30 PM by juner Star rating in San Cayetano. 58 posts Send private message

juner´s avatar

Hi ya

Don't know about broad band in Spain, but e-bay is. My husband has an e-bay business and sends things to spanish customers alot, as well as other european countries.

june

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 10:35 PM by Plunket Star rating in Benalmadena, Costa D.... 36 posts Send private message

Plunket´s avatar

Hello JPD,

We pay 38 euros a month for our broadband and haven´t had any trouble with it at all and a friend of mine here buys and sells on UK e-bay all the time - again, no problems.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2007 10:46 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
ebay in Spain is www.ebay.es but it's no where near as popular as the UK one yet.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 8:11 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD,

We own on Costa Blanca, I know that Telefonica does broadband (wireless) for 39€ per month, plus phone line rentalcost & calls on top

Interestingly enough, our apartment block has just had Nortons install a receiver on the roof, to get over a signal problem they had between two areas. So soon, our block will be offered Norton's phone & broadband service.

From what our Presidente has said, it looks like a similar cost per month BUT free phones calls 24/7 to Spanish, UK, Dutch, German etc., (seems likely to be all of the EU I would think) landlines.

Now that seems a reasonable deal. Installation cost was around 550€ though, but not sure on Telefonica's install charges.

Hope this helps,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 9:22 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, thanks for all the info. Sounds like we will be able to get sorted out there.

Cheers John and Trish

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 9:27 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi FibbyUK...we live down on the Costa Calidia near Murcia and as yet don't have telephonica. A private company 'Iberbanda' set up a similar system where we are. It works on radio systems and we have a small dish that recevies the signal from a main mast. We have full broadband facility and the phone system we use is SKYPE which is free to any other skype users i.e. you contacts. We have purchased a UK skype number which is something about 30 € for 12 months ( i would have to look on the site for the costs ) which gives you free answere service too. The number means that family only pay nation rate if they ring us...good for the ones that don't use computers, and we can use the system to ring out to contacts and landlines and mobiles at a fraction of the cost. I know NOrtans are starting a similar system to the one we have, so assume that it would work the same way. Have a look at the Skype website, think its www.skype.com The initial download is free so you could put it on your computer and have a go..see what you think. We pay 39 € plus IVA....with no line rental for what we have.

Hope this helps....

This message was last edited by Fruit on 3/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 9:55 AM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Anyone got info about this site

I am moving into my Penthouse next month and have been looking at ADSL instalation. I seem to have found what i am looking at onhttp://www.telefonicainenglish.com/Alta.htm However when I go to the order page, I get a security error warning from my Security software warning me

"The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. "

And advising me not to proceed, has anyone else ordered online? is this a genuine telefonica site? Any information would be most appreciated

Thanks

John

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 12:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

John,

Blimey, I need a magnifying glass to read that.

Penthouse eh ?  WOW. Good luck with your move.

Janice

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 12:29 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Fruit:

Thanks for the info, I already use Skype and it's brilliant, but will look into the extras you mention.

Johnone:

Don't order via the website!

We did this for my Brother when he lived here and nothing happened for months and months!

After loads of frustration, we went into the Telefonica shop in Torreveija, ordered phone and ADSL and it was injstalled within a week!

Hope this helps.................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 12:48 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hi Fibby

Thanks thats good enough for me,!

I don't suppose anyone knows whwer the nearest telefonica Shop is to Cabo Pino Costa del Sol?

Thanks

Johnone

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 12:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

I use Skype too. Also MSN messenger & I've a webcam too.

I also use www.voipstunt.com  as a means to talk to friends abroad who haven't a pc. I use my pc to ring their landline. I pay 10€ + IVA = 11.60€ which then gives me FREE calls (for 120 days, I think) After that time the cost of the calls (to EU countries are only 1c/min) is deducted from the credit. I use this system to call 0870 & 0845 numbers also mobiles & find it rather good generally. Sound sometimes is a problem & you do have a slight delay depending on distance but it's cheap

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 3:15 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Fibby

Further to my earlier post

I have been looking around other expat forums and the firm telefonicinenglish are a load of scammers

read these posts   http://www.britishexpat.com/expatforum/spain/viewtopic.php?t=6103 and these are about 18 months old

Johnone

Like 0      
24 Mar 2007 4:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No need to find a Telefonica shop. (I've never actually seen one - I didn't think they existed because they don't want angry customers knowing where to find them). Just ring 1004 from any phone for customer service, you can ask to speak to someone in English (may have to hold for a bit) and tell them you want a line installed/connected.

The line rental and ADSL (1Mbps) will come to about €66 per month by the time you've added on VAT. There are countless other providers for both calls and ADSL so may be worth shopping around. But Telefonica still basically have a monopoly on lines, and have been known in the past to play silly buggers with customers who dare to route their calls through another provider (personal experience speaking). I have heard that they were hauled up in the European courts for this, and since then have been behaving better. I route my calls through Direct Telecom (no standing charge, only calls and very cheap - plus English speaking customer service). They also offer ADSL at I think 29€  per month, i.e. 10€ less than Telefonica.

Telefonicainenglish, as you have found out, has nothing to do with Telefonica.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 7:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Similar to www.telefonicainenglish.com, there's also  http://www.englishtelefonica.com/  No idea how good/bad either company is, but don't be fooled into thinking either of them are actually the english speaking section of the real Telefonica. Stick to 1004!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 8:59 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Further to everone elses warning dont touch Telefonica in English with a bargepole - John there was (certainly a few weeks back it was still there) a Telefonica shop in Banus - in the square behind Marina Banus shopping centre - not far from the cinema if you know it - closes for Siesta.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Mar 2007 11:25 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Roberto,

Yes, Telefonica shops do exist!

Unless it was a mirage, we went into the one in Torreveija, by the main Town square, to order my Brother's land line and ADSL. They young lady in there actually took a fancy to my handsome hunk of a Brother!

Maybe that's why we got the line/ADSL so quickly"!?

Johnone:

Try Nortons, they have a new system which is TV & Broadband WIFI, at least this is happening on the Costa Blanca, worth a try though...............

Kind regards,

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 3/25/2007.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I bow to other's superior knowledge here. There are a couple of shops in Torremolinos with Telefonica/Movistar livery on the front, but I think these are actually just agents (re-sellers). The only actual Telefonica building in town is a huge edifice with a tiny sign on the wall. No windows, and apparently no doors, but enginers have been known to enter and leave somehow. Nobody knows what actually goes on in there. In Benalmadena Costa, there is a very steep hill running up (up and away) from the beach, locally known as Heart-attack Hill, but officially called Avenida Telefonica, I think. People have been seen going up it, but they never come back down.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:26 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Roberto,

I just love your sense of humour, you make me laugh out loud reading your posts!

Does it come naturally, or do you have to sit and think about what to write?!!

Excellent!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
26 Mar 2007 4:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I wasn't joking, Fibs, it's all true, I tell you.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aroca Seiquer & Asociados - 43 posts
Looking for a good bi-lingual solicitor in Spanish Family Law. - 4 posts
Flight pictures .. a real hoot ! - 18 posts
Still looking for reformer.. - 30 posts
Just something really to think about.............. - 371 posts
BMI Cardiff - 1 posts
Message for member "Marda" - 0 posts
Development 2 YEARS behind schedule! - 4 posts
Polaris World - 4 posts
Break in - 11 posts
Non-residents buying a car in Spain - 16 posts
The best way to transfer money to Spain (Seriously)! - 92 posts
IKEA Seville now delivering to the coast - 2 posts
estimation of entry date - 10 posts
Seems your UK rates bill can be slashed. Check it out with YOUR local council. - 3 posts
IS THERE NO END TO THE NUMBER OF NEW MEMBERS? - 26 posts
Tax returns in spain - 1 posts
Annual retreats/conference - 1 posts
Offer on UK house. - 9 posts
Commercial business consultants - 20 posts
Interior designers tenerife - 1 posts
Suppliers - 13 posts
Hello Everyone!! - 10 posts
MEETING UP IN MARBELLA - 28 March 2007 - 127 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x