Name of satellite for Spanish digital tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

What satellite do I need to access to get Spanish digital tv.  What English channels are available on this service.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 12:28 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Its called Hispasat and it's location is 30deg west of south.

The majority of content is Spanish and also encrypted. The only channels I can remember that are in the clear and English are:

BBC World News
VH1
France 24
The Christian Channel

and Maybe Euronews ?

Dave

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 3:40 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I found this on another forum and pasted it onto the Telmicro gone thread.  They also mentioned that the Disney channel is also available too.  Thought it might be a cheap alternative to help people out until we finally find out what's going on.  Especially like the idea of the language button, pity it's not a translation button but you can't have everything.

Hi I don't know if this will be of any interest to anyone, but yesterday I bought from Media Markt in Elche a digital receiver, it was called a Metronic Zapbox, cost me 27.90 and allows you to pick up 30 channels of digital terrestrial television in Spain. (there are other models, I just got the cheapest!)

It works off a standard aerial so if you already have a Spanish tv aerial you shouldn't need to buy one, we didn't have one so paid 39.95 for a Televes exterior antenna (bought from Aki diy shop Elche)

The picture is perfect and there is a language button which allows you to select to listen to a programme in its original language so where a film or programme has been dubbed in Spanish it will come up in English.

As an example, last night at 11pm there was a choice of 5 different programmes/films we could have watched.

Ok, so I will miss my Hollyoaks on a Sunday but at least we have something to watch and the Spanish coverage of the Olympics is extensive too.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 5:04 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
spanish satellite Canal digital + is available on both astra 19 east and hispasat 30west

check out 
www.flysat.com/fta.php
a list of a countires free channels and what satellite they are on..

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 6:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
A quick question to those in the know.
I have bought a freeview dish,(cheapie from Lidl)
I have just tried to install it,it states there are nine satelites that i should be able to pick up,Nada,not a thing,keeps coming up with 0 signal.
The dish is 57cm,the only thing i briefly picked up was the Italian Channels,any clues what i could be doing wrong.................

Like 0      
16 Aug 2008 7:40 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
italiliam channels are on hotbird at 13 degrees east, or possibly on astra at 19 degrees east.

if you want the uk channels, you need the dish on astra 2a,b,c,d, and eurobird1, located at 28.2 to 28.5degrees east.

if you are in spain you will not pick up much on a 60cm dish - definatly not bbc or itv...

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 7:40 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Semi I bought a similar thing from carrefour while out there the past 3 weeks mine has a dvd player in it as well and yes you do get the disney channel and also a couple of other channels that broadcast some programmes in english

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 7:54 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Thanks conrad, I'll have a look when I'm next out.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 8:38 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
conrad : i think you are talking baout a TDT box - the spanish version of "freeview" - 30 plus digital tv channels via your tv aerial - and a recent addition to the tdt line up is the disney channel.

semi has a freetoair satellite box - which can only be used for picking up signals from a dish.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 8:47 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
ah ok didn't realise that

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 9:52 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

No you must have me mixed up with someone else.  I only have Telmicro and I'm searching for an alternative.

I found the details I posted on another site so copied and pasted on to here to help others in a similar situation.

Haven't got room for a dish so can't go for any form of sat. connection.

The TDT seems to me a sensible solution, all I need to do now is get a Spanish ariel put back on my roof.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 10:18 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
sorry semi - it was meant for georgia - getting so confused !!!!

check tdt.es to make sure you can get tdt reception....

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 8/17/2008.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 8:12 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Easily done especially with the amount of help you're giving out on here and on other sites.

Don't know how you do it, I'd be pulling my hair out as the same question goes around and around.

I've been looking at your links you've posted previously for freesat but I'm not showing the husband as some of those programmes on the Astra and Hotbird look a bit risque or maybe it's just the names.

If I'm not careful I'll find my garden will have a huge satellite dish in it  For garden substitute patio and you'll have more of an idea of the size!  Wouldn't need a Toldas as I'm sure it would provide enough shade

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Max Kite - 0 posts
Montana Roja ( Corralejo, Fuerteventura ) - avoid !!!!!! - 0 posts
shani and paul - 4 posts
MONETARY COMPENSATION FROM ANYONE INVOLVED IN LOSING THEIR MONEY - 1 posts
HEALTH CARE - 7 posts
problems at nueva ribera beach club - 10 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Lettings Agency - 3 posts
Jennifer Heredades PHASE 1 Development - 4 posts
Title Deeds - 1 posts
the diamond ex catering - 0 posts
Development forums & deleting them ! (Again) - 0 posts
A lighthearted look at life with great animal (only) videos. - 10 posts
water pressure HELP! - 3 posts
Which mortgage sounds better? - 8 posts
Progress of building work - 3 posts
Alcaidesa: do not recommend people to go there.... - 0 posts
Tickets for Volvo Masters Valderamma - 5 posts
Ryanair to launch hand luggage-only flights in October - 0 posts
Re-location - 3 posts
Easyjet at Alicante..............terminal 2 - 6 posts
Telimicro GONE - 212 posts
Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts
Latest photos - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x