next step from the institute

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

Hi,im looking for a bit of advise as what to do next, my son is due to leave the institute in two weeks time. His school doesnt seem to be giving much careers advise.
He may have to resit a couple of exams in september.  He wants to go to college to do the ciclo formativo either in sport  or informatica. Does anyone know if we can enroll him now or do we have to wait unil September when he has recieved his eso (leaving certificate).
Thanks for any advise you can give
mazz

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 7:45 PM by roland1004 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I would of thought you would have to go to your local town hall......not a hundred percent sure though...it would be a good starting point of enquiries

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 12:46 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You enrol him now but it will be subject to him passing his exams. He will retake in june and the last chance is september.

Ask your school as I think they put his name forward but ask the questions. I made the mistake of assuming and my son has to redo a whole year as we changed schools but didnt realise he had to take a retake at the old school. After his official books came, it was too late to do anything even though he is sailing ahead at the new school!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 3:37 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

thanxs for your reply Rixxy, we found out just in time that the forms have to be in by tomorrow. The school have them but only decided to tell all the students today. My main worry was that my son would have to resit the year because we hadnt done what we should of done in time.  They do like to keep you guessing but at least i know for son no.2  Now we just have to wait for his results in June to see if he has to resit any in September. Fingers crossed hell be starting college soon.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2008 1:10 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Youre welcome and Im glad to hear you got here in time! The main thing is to keep asking and dont stop till you get an answer - we learned that one the hard way!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Jun 2008 8:19 PM by mazz66 Star rating in los montesinos. 28 posts Send private message

Hi Al,  im afraid i got a bit excited too soon, Thought it was a bit too easy for. My son and all the other kids their forms returned to them today at school with a long list of photocopies they must have as well to enrol.  The school do this every year so i cant understand why they forgot this year.  
Another morning of rushing around to get to the college before 1pm with all the appropriate paperwork. wish me luck and lets hope i dont run out of diesal on the way.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TAXI FROM FUENGIROLA STATION TO CALAHONDA - 5 posts
villas around pilar de la horadada area - 0 posts
Spanish Truckers going to strike - 16 posts
my stupid boyfriend says...................... - 26 posts
San Jose NO DEEDS - 12 posts
where to buy BBQ gas - 14 posts
Help please in finding Wayne Stoneman - 5 posts
Alicante airport to San Javier - 41 posts
Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts
Hi, I am New. Hello everyone - 4 posts
Care & Welfare Guide for the Costa Blanca. Spring 2008 - 0 posts
Spanish spelling of....................... - 1 posts
Transport workers strike about fuel costs - 17 posts
Speeding ticket - 12 posts
Looking for long term rental that will accept 2 dogs in Quesada or near by area - 2 posts
Heating - Gas or Electric? - 8 posts
Can you drink the water? - 32 posts
Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x