Moving to Spain next year.......Just A few questions!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 May 2008 12:48 AM by Piqui74 Star rating in Torrevieja. 4 posts Send private message

Hello everybody,

Just to correct things - in reality there are more than just 2 hospitals in torrevieja   - the new hospital in Los Balcones is really uncomparable with any other in this area. They even speak english . Well in reality since it has been opened I have experienced and heard only positive things. In addition to rash's comment there is also the mar azul school in the area.

Like 0      
01 May 2008 8:56 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Georgia--

pleased to hear that,it would be a shame to spoil the village.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
01 May 2008 10:45 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

Nobody really knows what is happening with the shopping centre at the moment,not even the town hall,you are right Mas were supposed to be out at xmas but they are still there,although not working.....

Acapulco-it would have been a travesty if it had effected the village,i personally think a lot of the proposed works will not materialise for a long time as the plans were approved in the boom and i cant see them rushing to complete something that now takes twice as long to sell...

Gail-it may be worth trying San Jaime Hospital as well for employment as well,this is a private hospital and they do like staff to be bale to speak English as well.

Rash29-I have also had good experiences with the Vega Baja Hospital as it is also my local hospital, they treated my mother in law when she broke her arm last summer and didnt even ask to see her health card as she was visiting,they said the treatment is more important,just fax over the documentation when you get back home,great service and good staff...

Like 0      
02 May 2008 9:30 AM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Yeah Georgia, that's why I mentioned San Jaime to Gail too. It's worth trying all hospitals. Depending on which area Gail decides to live in as well.

I have not been to Vega Baja yet. That's good that they didn't ask for the health card. I keep worrying if anything happens to us, we have no sip card as yet.

Piqui74 Yes Mar Azul has a very good reputation. Which other hospitals are in Torrevieja then? Only know of Torrevieja Hospital and San Jaime.

Like 0      
31 May 2008 9:51 PM by Piqui74 Star rating in Torrevieja. 4 posts Send private message

Hi everybody,

Rash there is the Torrevieja Hospital (the one from ancient times - not really recomendable), the ambulatorio close to the salt mountains, Hospital San Jaime (mentioned a couple of times here) and Hospital de la Vega Baja in Los Balcones/Los Altos (recomended by georgia). Out of these 4 I think you should listen to georgia and try the last one. Well in reality I hope you never need to -  - but if you have to give it a go. Brand new, very modern, good doctors and staff - VERY EFFICIENT!

cheers

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 7:05 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I think there's a bit of confusion going on here, until the new hospital was built near to Los Balcones you had to go to Vega Baja (Orihuela) as that was the nearest public hospital.

Unless of course you had private medical insurance then you could get treated at San Jaime.

I've never heard of another hospital in the Torrevieja area.

My neighbour who has lived there for twenty years always had to go to the Vega Baja hospital before this new hospital was opened.

She's full of praises for the new hospital, the medical staff are wonderful but the receptionists/doctor's secretary are not.  The only way to describe them is "Jobsworth"

Gail, if you look at the map provided by Morerosado earlier the new hospital is just by the Los Balcones sign.  I'm back over in a couple of weeks, I'll check what the sign says outside.  I've always referred to it as Torrevieja Hospital, if you have the correct name you might be able to do some research before you come over.  They might be recruiting for more staff as more equipment arrives.  (My neighbour had lung cancer and she has to go to Alicante for scans but eventually they will be able to do the screening there)

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 8:30 AM by noneck Star rating in Los Alcazares. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Gail,
I live in Los Alcazares just on the Mar Menor. Its a nice place and lots of schools in this area.
Its also only 5 mins to the airport if that. And next to the Motorway for access to Torrevieja
I dont have young children, but i am told the schools are good, and the young children cope really well.

There are plenty of Bars and
restraunts here now, if thats what you want to do, or there is the TV. 
I came here 3 years ago. Love the place, but you do need to work, or you will go mad or become an alcoholic.( I am now both.)
 Pete

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 10:49 AM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar
Yeah there is confusion, thanks for clarifying Semijubilada. Thats what I was trying to explain in my earlier conversations, that the Torrevieja new hospital is the one after the Los Balcones sign. It is called HOSPITAL DE TORREVIEJA, you cannot miss it, a very large white hospital, with blue lettering. I have been plenty of times in my short time here, visiting a friend!

Piqui 74 The hospital in Orihuela is called Vega Baja Hospital. This is definitely in Orihuela as this is my home town, it isn't in Los Balcones/Los Altos at all.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 11:38 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I pass it every day when I'm out in Spain as it's practically opposite where I live but like most things that are familiar to you I wasn't sure of the correct name.

Thanks for passing on the exact name, hopefully Gail can start her research.  As the hospital opens up new clinic areas they will be recruiting more staff.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wonderful hotels, restaurants, theatres... in COSTA DE LA LUZ!!! A taste for the weekend - 1 posts
A good estate agent in Torreblanca/Fuengirola - 5 posts
Vagamar2 Rafal. Whats going on!!! - 3 posts
El Vegetariano Restaurant Altea - 0 posts
HACIENDA SAN MANUEL - 0 posts
EOS has a car named after it! - 8 posts
Britons retiring abroad - 1 posts
Bumps in the Night. - 3 posts
Hi all Mark & Sandy Introduction - 3 posts
Justin, help required please regarding PMs to new members.. - 73 posts
Happy St. George's Day - 4 posts
Hi & help needed - 7 posts
Manchester to Gib - 2 posts
Rental needed ASAP with intetrnet connection - 7 posts
Interested in an Almeria Agency - 7 posts
HELP WITH COACH TRIPS TO MURCIA PLEASE - 2 posts
VeryHelpful Web Addresses - 0 posts
Is it any wonder... - 8 posts
phase 2 - 0 posts
Advice From Estate Agents Please - 3 posts
Heard of Ready Rental Property??? - 170 posts
Wanted 3 or 4 bed Long Term Let La Nucia, Alfas, Benidorm etc - 0 posts
Aifos Hypodromo - 1 posts
property exchange - 0 posts
Has anyone done their own removals? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x