Drinkable water and Air Con

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Barnacle Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hola Everyone,

I am new to the area of Roda Golf and am very interested in getting some sort of Filtration system so we can drink water straight from the tap. I have been told that the Reverse Osmosis is the best system? anybody had one fitted? or can point me in the right direction please?

Also need to get Air Con sorted at some point before Summer hits, can anybody recommend a good company as have heard some horror stories from local neighbours?

Thanks in advance

David.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 1:09 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hi Barnacle,

I have sent you a private e-mail regarding Air Con.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 3:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Reverse osmosis is a very wasteful way of preparing water, I know as I use it for my aquariums! To prepare 1 litre of water will reject 4 litres of waste, I am sure it may be frowned upon in some areas of Spain where rainfall is low. RO also strips everything from the water (well about 95% of everything anyway), minerals, pesticides and other nasties. The problem is that in its pure form, water is not good to drink and needs some minerals to make it potable. Not sure, but I drink water from the tap in Almeria and it hasn't harmed me (yet!!). I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with Spanish drinking water, but the difference in mineral content has been discussed on here a few times now.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:11 PM by Barnacle Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you very much Marksfish,

I have been told contradicting info now, as have been told it is around 2 to 1 not 4 to 1? I have also been told that the Reverse Osmosis is the cleanest and best water to drink? So I dont really know what to think now.

I really dont like the sound of drinking the water out here in Spain as I do not even drink the tap water in the UK.

I have been referred to a company called H2O Technics, so I may see what they have to say. Has anybody heard of them or used them?

Thanks David. 

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The membranes on the filter are rated in US gallons per hour and you get a certain flowrate dependent on temperature. The rejection rate can be improved if the temperature is around 75F and the water pressure above a certain psi, but can't remember what it is. It may be that the domestic RO membrane isn't rated as highly as those used for fishkeeping, but I know if put put straight water from my unit into my aquarium, the fish would die. You will also need to regulalry (every 12 months or so) replace the carbon filter which is used to remove chlorine from the water as this damages the membrane and also the pre- filter to prevent the membrane becoming blocked with minute particles.

I know it isn't straight from the tap, but how about a Brita filter?

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Bella Rotja Fadesa development - 0 posts
Hi - 0 posts
Christmas flights - 18 posts
Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts
Colinas de Lago-Los Balcones - 2 posts
just wanted to say 'hi' - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x