Connection charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Tomtit Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I recently completed on an apartment at Golf La Finca  My solicitors paid 1500 Euros to the builder to arrange connection of gas, water and electricity  This payment also include the first years community  charges  Subvsequently I was charged again for connection by the utilities companies  Can anyone provide guidance on this from their own experiences

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 7:25 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar
The same happened to us, we were told we had to pay 540 euros cash to the builder on completion for connection of utilities. We were then charged by the utility companies by direct debit. Everyone on the development had to pay (including Spanish). The Community as a whole are now taking this forward and have employed a solicitor. We have since found out this builder does this on every development they have built, the company is Costa Blanca Balerics.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 10:02 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

What you will find the builders are doing is passing on the original costs that they have incured with the utility companies to the buyer.

Most builders do this but dont tell you or your lawyer about it untill the last minute so that you do not contest it.

I dont know the legal implications but i do know that you can argue the toss whether to pay it or not,depending on how good your lawyer is and which builder you are dealing with may effect your chances.........

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 10:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
This seems quite wrong actually.  You shouldn't have to pay the developer for connection charges.

In the majority of cases that we know of, including our own, when we completed we were on builders supply.  Then some time after the meters were fitted and we had to pay for those, but we didn't pay anything to the developer. 

I would certainly get your lawyer to look into this although getting any money back from a developer is hard work.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 1:12 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

This happened to us (150 euros) and we think it's for the builders supply, but we won't contest it as the lawyer is likely to cost ten times as much.

Mike

Like 0      
09 May 2008 5:47 PM by Tomtit Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Many thanks to all who responded but we have now sorted it out and the builder has admitted that the vast bulk of the 1500 euros held by him are to go toewards the first years community charge and we will be refunded the difference

That's OK but the builder has a nice little earner going here holding all this money in a bank account

Like 0      
23 May 2008 4:11 PM by doedoe Star rating in Berkshire. 59 posts Send private message

Utility charge from our builder was 900 euro which we had to pay by cash through the Notary on completion.   Our builder has financial problems and is unable to pay  his  18000 bill to the utility company, hence the community which includes all the purchasers have to pay this bill, Also pay again to have the utility installed to there unit. in my book this is fraud/theft.   Solicitor said that it would cost 2500 to sue for the 900.  therefor. I advise to question the utility installation charge if you are asked to pay it to the builder.  All questions regarding property, land search & Debt should be reported by the Solicitor to the purchaser, our Solicitor is not answering our questions or telling us the real situation of the Builder. any information on what we should do would be appreciated. Regards, Doedoe.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Bella Rotja Fadesa development - 0 posts
Hi - 0 posts
Christmas flights - 18 posts
Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts
Colinas de Lago-Los Balcones - 2 posts
just wanted to say 'hi' - 2 posts
Montemayor property for sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x