Jet2

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2008 3:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I used to work for Ryanair many yeas ago when their aintenenca facility was at Luton airport. That was the year their (one and only) charter aircraft (3 aircraft in total though)picked up over 100 hours of delays! It was known over the summer as the flying pig and was in and out of our hangar like a yo yo! Things have improved though, they've got more than three planes now .

My first flying experience was bad with them, flying to Italy. We used them in February and were pleasantly surprised. Online check in is a cinch if you don't have hold luggage and get priority boarding (although more people now have priority boarding than normal boarding it seems). The easy way around it is to have one of your party only take hand luggage and check in online while the rest check in at the airport (and pay the airport check in fees). The first person can then find seats and hold onto them. I have also found that most people head for the front steps of the aircraft, making it much easier to get a seat quickly if you use the rear steps.

All in all, I would use them again, especially with some of the prices they have!! They were £100 cheaper thasn Jet2 in February for my Son and I, making the extra journey worthwhile.

Mark

Like 0      
02 May 2008 7:42 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

Just to let you know that we travelled with Jet 2 recently. We got the 20kg baggage allowance, as we booked some months previously. No extra charges were made for fuel supplements etc.

Make sure you don't go over your baggage allowance as they now are very strict.  My bag was 21kg and I had to pay the extra £6 for being overweight - nobody to blame but myself

Like 0      
02 May 2008 8:21 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Thanks Sunnyside - appreciate the feedback  - just looking forward to going now!

Like 0      
03 May 2008 12:37 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks Sunnyside, you have really cheered me up. I feel much easier now. We have always checked in on line & on a couple of occasions have been slightly over 20kg with one case & under with the other & no extra charges have been made. Then last summer I didn't check in on line & got charged for being 0.1kg over, even though the other case was about 19.8kg. They seem to be very fussy now & looking to make additional money wherever they can. Going with Ryanair for the first time next week, only hand luggage & I will check in online first. It will be an interesting experience. Keep checking the Jet2 for winter flights form Leeds Bradford, none showing yet. I did find a 99p in August, but I have already booked flights so its too late, but the return flights were very expensive; I guess you win some & lose some. We are just looking forward to relaxing out in Spain.

Like 0      
03 May 2008 12:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We keep bathroom scales purchased from Lidl's for £2.99 each in both the UK & in Spain & we ensure we are not over the limit.

I stress the scales were not bought to weigh ourselves !

Enjoy your holiday next week, Eileen.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/3/2008.

Like 0      
03 May 2008 2:52 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks. Yes, we too have scales at home & away - I think mine were €1 from Ikea. The sun is glorious today in Derbyshire but as always there is a wind, at least on the Mar Menor its a warm wind - can't wait.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Bella Rotja Fadesa development - 0 posts
Hi - 0 posts
Christmas flights - 18 posts
Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts
Colinas de Lago-Los Balcones - 2 posts
just wanted to say 'hi' - 2 posts
Montemayor property for sale - 2 posts
Can anyone suggest any English owned companies in the Murcia region? - 6 posts
Flight from Newcastle to Malaga for sale - 0 posts
Estepona del Coral portal - 0 posts
Polaris - La Loma - 12 posts
Employed in UK live Spain - 1 posts
El Pinet,La Marina Elche - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x