estepona Del Coral Portal

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Gillian1 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Can anyone help we sent monies to OVP in order to purchase an apartment 5 years ago

Despite the apartment being built for over a year OVP and the developer are in dispute and we are no nearer completion

we would now like our money back,what is our position ?

Jill

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 10:45 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Jill.  Sorry to hear about your situation. 

I hope Maria de Castro sees this and can give you some advice.  If not, try sending her a message throught the PM facility.  Maria is fantastic with her support for members of EOS.  Good luck. 

Jane

Like 0      
16 Mar 2008 10:01 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

All I can do is add my sympathhies Gillian. It is stories like this that made us decide not to consider  buying "Off Plan".

Good luck ,I hope it works out o.k. for you.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
16 Mar 2008 12:03 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Gillian:

We are currently trying to help several purchasers in that develoment. COntact us if you need.

BEst,

MAria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Mar 2008 7:05 PM by Gillian1 Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

Like 0      
19 Mar 2008 11:18 AM by aloe7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Gillian

I invested with OVP 2 years ago on the Benatalaya Golf Resort, these apts were complete at the time of the viewing trip, my deposit and all paperwork were submitted in plenty of time, only to be told by OVP after the completion date that the developer pulled out.  I am now being told that there is a litigation process underway but I have no faith in OVP or its staff to even communicate with me, never mind getting my money back.

Anyone experiencing difficulties with OVP Ocean View Properties/Group Ltd please contact me,  I have heard that the company were taken to court and the investor won, if anyone could give me more details on this it would be much appreciated

thanks

Like 0      
19 May 2008 3:39 PM by PaulHunt Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am in a similar position (paid my OVP deposit 2 years ago and have been told that I am still in the mortgage process) and am looking to sue them to get my money back.  Have you managed to progress any further yet?

Regards

Paul.

Like 0      
20 May 2008 1:04 PM by starlight Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

we also paid deposit on this development more than 5 years ago.  The Developer and agent have been in battle over funds.  I am not supprised as we have just learned that the agent retained hald of our deposit and the developer is in dispute over the shortfall the agent retained it as their commsion and it has since been spent!!.

To add to the disappointment the development hasnt turned out as orginally lead to believe it would by the agent and nothing like the picture shown in the brochure (the one with the pool and people around it).  i.e. no private grounds with pool.  the apartment block is stand alone adjacent to public gardens and a medical centre is located underneath the block.  Not the ideal holiday home we had expected and the apartments are smaller than shown on the plans.

All in all a pretty miserable experience and still no positive outcome in sight.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rental with dogs - 1 posts
Dog Friendly long term rental - 1 posts
Daya Nueva - 1 posts
Detailed Maps - 2 posts
Stand up and be counted - if you are on R10! - 0 posts
Rental Market - 9 posts
Furniture packs - 6 posts
upvc glazing. - 2 posts
Community and Other Charges for phase 2. - 3 posts
Learning to play Golf in Torrevieja/Villamartin area of Spain - 2 posts
Where to take your rubbish !! - 9 posts
GENERAL MORTGAGE ALERT - 2 posts
Almanzora Country Club - 5 posts
Still waiting for keys for new build... way past moving in date - 7 posts
Pictures in My Rentals aren't showing correctly! - 1 posts
looking for villa in Sands Beach Resort lanzarote - 8 posts
BRAND NEW WASHING MACHINE FOR SALE - 7 posts
favor40 ???????????????? - 24 posts
Revision of catastral values in Estepona - Time is running out! - 0 posts
Hi! - 1 posts
buying - 1 posts
An Owner at Last - 11 posts
sterling to euro in spain - 1 posts
alexpat - 2 posts
75% Mortgage - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x