Snagging Inspections

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We seem to be inundated on our forum at times with new members only wanting to rent out or sell their properties. You only ever see them advertising, they never, or certainly, rarely "contribute" in helping with members problems by offering advice,  support etc.

In another of my forums they have a policy whereby new members cannot post links or their email addresses or use the PM facility until they've placed six helpful posts & generally shown they want to contribute.

Personally, I think this will prevent the spamming.

Justin, remember I was telling you some time ago about this & you thought it was an excellent feature. Perhaps EOS could have same.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 2:33 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

I personally think this is a fantastic idea and people wanting to sell anything like property or services should go on the relevant sites and not clutter up the rest.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 2:33 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Problem with that is that new members ( like me) could not contact the smaller estate agents on here who seem like helpful guys.A newbie probably has little or nothing to offer in the way of helpful advice at the moment but may be able to contribute after buying.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 2:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Acapulco

I think I gave you the wrong idea. Sorry  I could maybe have worded my post a little better. When I say "contributing" I mean just posting general questions etc.  

If new members want to post any messages asking for help of anyone we're all ears. We just prefer those who "use" our general forum & never post,  other than try to sell us something, to not do so.

Thanks Mervy.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 7:26 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Understood mate, that sounds better ,oops, sorry,I meant amigo

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 10:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Surprised at so little interest.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 9:17 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think the suggestion is a good one and it is on the (rather long) to do list!

It's coming...

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 1:43 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

I'm not sure that this forum should be so exclusive. Those people who'se first post might be about selling their property, or renting it, may have only just found EOS and could, in the fullness of time, become great contributors to the forums as their experiences grow.

There are enough 'eyes' watching to make sure people don't abuse the forums and I'm sure anyone using it for commercial purposes are likely to get caught out pretty quickly.

Having looked at some other forums that have little activity in the course of a month and compare it with EOS's activity in a day, I think EOS must be getting it right, so thank you and carry on the good work!!!

Irene

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 2:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

But Justin charges 79€ for people to sell their property on EOS, see here, Irene.. http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/Sell_Property.aspx

Members shouldn't use the general forum for free. I would hazzard a guess that they know it will be seen quickly so they'll get results.

Justin doesn't charge for advertising your property for rent but does want members to advertise it in here ..

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/rentals/rentals-long-term.aspx

or in here .. http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/rentals/rentals-holiday.aspx

You presumably haven't seen the many posts that appear after midnight advertising Nokia phones, "medicines" etc.

It's all these which could be stopped too if new members had to post a few posts such as ..

"Hi, we're thinking of buying in xyz, any comments ?" & " Can someone recommend a good lawyer, please ?"

It works well on the forum I mentioned.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 2:47 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

On the other hand, not all new members have little or no experience. Some members like myself just happen to come across these forums well after they have pruchased property and moved to Spain. I for one would not have joined if I was only allowed to ask for advice.

But I understand what you mean about the ads.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 10:22 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Morerosado

I haven't ever logged in after midnight, so I haven't seen the Nokia or medicinal ads and I accept what you say about putting things in the right place, but I still think that setting rules for new forum members as suggested would be a bit harsh.

I still think that dealing with the 'offenders' is the way to go. I may be naive but it may be that not all the offenders are trying to pull a fast one.

Irene

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 11:03 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Russ, hi Irene.

Balanced views are always good to hear. Thanks for comments.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will the Prior case result in a slump in the Spainish property market ? - 1 posts
Los Lagos - 4 posts
cheap mobile phone - 6 posts
Snagging Inspections - 2 posts
licences? - 4 posts
Solar Panels New Law - Solicitors Advice Required - 4 posts
Kindness of the Spanish. - 31 posts
petorl prices - 5 posts
A FUN THING TO DO - 41 posts
specsavers - 20 posts
What Tog Duvet ? - 7 posts
How much to renew a British Passport? - 9 posts
When is Completion? - 12 posts
Just to say hello, it's nice in spain! - 14 posts
The Big House - 2 posts
Receipts & Invoices for the UK taxman - 4 posts
What "official" things to do on next visit to Spain - 6 posts
What's the rental market like in the Marbella/Puerto Banus/Calahonda areas? - 10 posts
Problems with electricity - 26 posts
money leaving my account without my permission - 7 posts
Anyone recommend independent solicitor? - 12 posts
HELP!! SINGLE MUM PLANNING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 11 posts
Wanted long term let in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Compulsary Solar Panels on New Builds and Renovations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 8 posts
Licence Notice - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x