Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by davidno1dad Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

does anyone know of ant good  currencey exchange company

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 1:55 PM by edna Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

dealt today at 1.3820  with xchange business edinburgh

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 5:55 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

I use 4xcc.com you can see the live exchange rate for totals from 1,000 pounds to 1 million and trade at the price you see

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 3:32 PM by jamiealmeria Star rating in Mojacar, Almeria. 73 posts Send private message

I think they are all much of a muchness - I have had good service from Currency Direct & Global Currency Exchange.

Best is to get quotes from a few and trade with best deal - check commissions, rates, sending charges, arriving charges (some have agreements with Spanish banks to waive transfer charges) , time frames etc.

The rate is very unpredictable at the moment but is at a real low so if you have time - i would delay buying currency if i were you. ....... but no promises.

Only 3 weeks ago it was up at about 1.46 (now 1.39 or so). Assuming you are buying euros from stirling!

Otherwise GET STUCK IN!

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 10:02 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Thats why I like 4xcc you are able to see the current rate for any amount from 1,000 to 1 million in any increment so for example for 3500 you might get 1.3946 but for 4000 you would get 1.3955 doesn't sound a lot but it also shows how much it is that you need to send in pounds to get the euros you want have a look at the site and click on live rates and it shows what I am tryong to say Click Here

Like 0      
24 Nov 2007 12:53 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I sent £500 yesterday with Xe.com and got 1.3809 with a £12 fee (the fee drops to about £8 at a slightly higher amount, but can't remember what). I did register with Currencies Direct too, but they have never been able to beat the rates given by Xe (even taking into consideration the charges).

Mark

Like 0      
26 Nov 2007 4:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I take back what I said about Xe. The 30% increase in the wire fee is across the board and not amount dependent . Such a HUGE increase can't be necessary surely? It makes me wonder whether I am better off now using some of the UK based currency dealers which should hopefully, also work out cheaper!!

Mark

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Anyone listened to Justin's video in his latest newsletter.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/videos/euros/

Like 0      
15 Jan 2008 9:18 PM by Jock & Elaine Star rating in Falkirk & nearly Dre.... 29 posts Send private message

Jock & Elaine´s avatar

I just had a wee listen, doesn't bode very well for us I'm afraid we're due to complete in the next couple of months.  I was hoping sooner but having saw the rate fall over the last few months I'm glad we've not been summonds to sign!

We had the opportunity last year to secure our final stage payments at that great rate Justin has displayed, unfortunately we were a wee bit greedy and a tad too optimistic about the exchange rate.  We certainly never anticipated the current fall. 

Anyway I'm glad to say that, out of pocket as we are going to be, we are still looking forward to completing.  Hopefully all the happy holidaying years to come will make up for the cash loss (and our stupidity/greed).

Here's to a rise in the next few months!!    As optimistic as ever!!

We used Moneycorp for our first payment transfer.  Very smooth transfer, personal advisor allocated to you and I think £17 for the transfer (No other costs).  I will give them a call tomorrow to check what they are offering at the moment.  I'll let you know.

http://www.moneycorp.com/

Just called Moneycorp, they are offering 1.3146 at this exact moment.  Yuk!

This message was last edited by Jock & Elaine on 1/15/2008.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 3:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I know I keep going on about Xe.com (I don' work for them, honest Guv ), but they always seem to have a reasonably decent rate. Just now it is 1.3281 with a £12 transfer fee. Still not good from when we got 1.46 back in September .

Mark

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 4:20 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Mark for what amount is that

these are the live rates from 4xcc.com

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 4:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It's the same rate for any amount. I changed £1000 last week.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Jan 2008 5:18 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
£ up over a cent against the euro today

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 8:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

1.3411 this evening!! In the words of the Are you being served song, going up!! But for how long I wonder?

Mark

Like 0      
02 May 2008 4:38 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Finally received our bank guarantee for our first payment (paid last November) so now need to pay the next instalment ,so I have been on to various places looking for the best rate. I've gone with World First at 1.2735 which was the best I could get on the amount I was transferring. I did, more for a laugh than a serious enquiry, check with my bank (Natwest) who were prepared to give me their best rate at 1.2195 - it would have cost me over £1,800 more if I'd gone with my bank and not shopped around however, it does make me smile looking at the comments on this thread back in January when it was 1.3+ and we thought it was low! Oh, how I wish for those rates to come back.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
02 May 2008 4:54 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We sent some money over yesterday and got 1.2748. Every little counts .

Mark

Like 0      
02 May 2008 5:56 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

1.27...................I'm off to Spain tomorrow and went to the Post Office for some euros, the rate was 1.19, absolutely shocking.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
02 May 2008 6:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The excuse the Post Office give is that they don't charge a commission and they buy back currency free of charge too. Some freebie eh . You are also supposed to get a preferential rate if you buy more than £500 at a time. I used my Citibank cash card last month and got 1.26, even though the official rate was lower. Not sure how that happened?

Mark

Like 0      
02 May 2008 6:16 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Mark,

Same here but not citibank but when we use our Tesco creit card for paying the hire car they exchange it back at or near the commercial rate

Like 0      
02 May 2008 6:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Poppyseed, what on earth are you going to The Post Office for to obtain euros ?

Get yourself sorted out with a Nationwide Flex account & use your debit card. Best rates.  If Sky said 1.28 that's pretty much what you'd get taking euros out of Visa ATMs in Spain.

I can't believe our members are not listening to other members advice regarding euro rates then complaining about the rates they get.  Search for NATIONWIDE on here.

Enjoy your hols though, just have one less MDD than you would do & you'll break even, with luck.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/2/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Police Denuncia Form pdf file. (Translated into English too.) - 2 posts
Guide to Duquesa - 10 posts
Hyundai accent, 1.3, - 0 posts
the new cheese shop in san miguel - 7 posts
FOOTIE AVATARS - 4 posts
Recommended agents -thinking of selling in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Euromarina Properties - 3 posts
The cheese board in san miguel? - 2 posts
Agua Mediterraneo 9 - Torrevieja- Anybody know it??? - 1 posts
Rental in Costa Calida short or long term - 2 posts
Got our money back!!! - 10 posts
Buying on Entre Naranjos - 13 posts
Las Kalendas,Fortuna - 8 posts
Keen anglers - 0 posts
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas - 10 posts
moving to spain in 2008 - 1 posts
christmas dinner - 2 posts
Shortish Term Rental in Spain - 0 posts
Land Registry Fees - 1 posts
Adding images to a signature - 18 posts
Remembrance Day Public Holiday in UK - 3 posts
thinking of living in spain - 15 posts
Searching individual forum - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Ryanair cabin crews strip for charity, one for the EOS males, I think !! - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x