Adding images to a signature

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Having spent a while searching the forums for an answer, I shall have to ask the question as I can't find it anywhere. I know how to to place text into my sinature, but how do I a) enclose my link within wording i.e. making http://www.whatever.com read This link takes you to, but as a link? & b) how do I insert an image in the signature?

I was hoping to put a weather ticker in my signature, but html doesn't appear to be allowed. I have tried it many different ways using the workthroughs of other forums I am a member of. I know it can be done, but how? Answers on a postcard please .

Many thanks

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark, guess you knew I'd pop in here to try to help.

Not sure what you mean about link as you have one to your site in your siggie http://www.marksfish.me.uk

However, to have a pic in your siggie, go to your forum profile to the bottom where the box is. Position curser in box, click. Then click on box with scene of mountains & sun (insert/edit image, 3rd from right, top row), same as you do in post itself. Paste URL of your chosen pic in it, click on ok. Sorted. Thought I'd put all this in bucket thread. (Well, I had done in initial thread that Justin deleted )

Signature
This will appear at the bottom of each of your posts

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I was hoping to add a Christmas countdown but I've only the embed code so it can't be used in my siggie. I just have to do it on every post separately so here goes again, good innit ?

Christmas Countdown Generator

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi More

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to have to check some settings, because I am only getting the text box to put a signature in, not the same sort of box you get when posting a reply with the option to add "extras"

Yes, I have www.marksfish.me.uk in my signature, but I was thinking along the lines of it just saying Marksfish, with the link embedded into the text so that by clicking on Marksfish, you go to the site. Does that make sense?

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 11/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Found it!!!!    

BTW More, what's the crack with Christmas so early, it's not December yet? Bahh, humbug .

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes it does make sense now & I could do that in another forum, a MSN group one. I used to be able there to post a link by showing something like this pic & by clicking on it, it took you to a link.

We're going to Spain Dec 14th so won't be around till well into New Year so starting early, Mark, as you asked.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I can do the link from an image More .

Once you have placed the image in the text, you can highlight the image by clicking on it, then use the chain button for the link and type in the address. The image is then linked to the page you want.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

And the text!!!! Stands to reason that if you highlight the text you have written and then use the chain button, you can link to that page too. Wah hey!!!

Going to pack now. Got to go to Rimini on Monday with work (what a bind ). Biggest problem is I have to drive from Leeds to Stansted for the flight because that is where my other colleagues are flying from .

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 12:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Summat else for More to play around with now, Mark.

Rimini conjures up wonderful memories from my youth when I went for two weeks with a boyfriend but met a very handsome young Italian. Oooeerr !! Down girl.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, the "chain" features are not lit on my reply box here OR on my siggie box.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Come on More, you can do it .

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You have to highlight the text by dragging your mouse over it before the box becomes available for use.It is the same with an image, you have to click on it so that you get the little editing squares on it, then the box is lit.

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 11/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:26 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Okay. To put a text link in:

Then you need to highlight the text:

Then you can put the link in.

To put the link in with an image is similar:

Hope this helps

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I DID IT, A LINK TO SUMA WEBSITE IN ENGLISH  

I KNEW MORE COULD DO IT WITH A BIT OF HELP, I KNEW HOW TO DO IT WITH A MSN GROUP BUT THIS SITE'S A BIT DIFFERENT. THANKS MARK.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Woo hoo, that's the way to do it.

I have been looking at your Xmas countdown and it is a flash animation so you can't put it in your signature, unless Justin puts the embed box in to allow it.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 1:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, go look here. Click on daft link>>   17 Nov 2007 1:46 PM

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 2:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Looks like you've got the hang of it now More .

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 2:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Click on link >>> 

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 5:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

More's got a new toy now

Rocking horse

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Remembrance Day Public Holiday in UK - 3 posts
thinking of living in spain - 15 posts
Searching individual forum - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Ryanair cabin crews strip for charity, one for the EOS males, I think !! - 9 posts
ikea malaga - 2 posts
Jet 2 baggage question - 4 posts
Keen Angler where are the best waters - 0 posts
Avalon Irish Bar Bigastro??? - 6 posts
TRANSFER TAX - 2 posts
Moving to Fortuna - 13 posts
ALCAIDESA+OCEAN ESTATES+ALLERTON HOLDINGS +MESS! - 0 posts
21 Today???? - 12 posts
Thinking of moving here tips etc appreciated x - 0 posts
Sevilla - 2 posts
How cheap is THIS flight & hotel break to Nerja, CDS - 1 posts
Congrats Justin 1500 posts - 1 posts
pool update - 20 posts
Are we all stupid? - 4 posts
Can't pay mortgage - 11 posts
Los Collados Golf Aguilas - 4 posts
Very Difficult! Have a house built but being misled with the mortgage?? Can I get there? - 3 posts
Telephones - 1 posts
Information please - 3 posts
Selling my off-plan apartment - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x