All seems to have gone pear shaped

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2007 4:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Starting to get excited now . The full amount of monies we need to complete has been transferred to the Gestoria of our bank which cost €60. this saves our solicitor having to go to our bank and collect bankers drafts at the reduced rate of €100 each! The Gestoria is going to charge no extra for providing the drafts to each party. Who said there was no- one fair in Spain? We have to pay up front the €975 mortgage cancellation, even though the builder is going to be there to pay it themselves!! We have been told to expect that amount refunded within 2 weeks (why so long???). We are then hoping that the seemingly over inflated costs that seem to change upwards/ downwards every day will also have some sort of refund attached to them. So far, there is about €1000 difference between the document we provided our solicitor to ask if the figures were correct and the actual figure as of Friday. We keep asking for clarification, but so far........ Silence.

We are hoping for an electricity supply by the time the property completes. The builder sent us the forms to fill in, but we have since found out the forms were the wrong ones. The builder has failed to provide the correct form for us to fill in, so an email to the solicitor, agent and electricity company will hopefully bear fruit.

Fingers crossed for Friday now.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2007 5:22 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

I totally agree with you, I always feel that's it's best to be honest because otherwise it will bite you on the bum.  I always point out the negative side as well as the positive if they are not that apparent to my clients because at the end of the day there is always two sides to a coin and some clients are putting the majority of their life savings in their properties and more importantly their trust into me and I wouldn't want to let anybody down or my business down. I know I don't have a magic ball, I wish I did sometimes but I like to know that I have advised my clients well and we have even looked at exit strategies just in case it's not for them.

With regards to aftersales, I must admit I've included painting as part of my services - purely by a chance encounter!

One of my clients had a moving in party, in which she invited me too and when I arrived with a bottle, it was duly exchanged for a paint brush.  I did wonder why it said wear your scruffs!

There has to be a first for everything, but we had an enjoyable evening painting her apartment, and I gained an instruction, so a good evening all round.

Look forward to seeing you, shame about 3 kings holiday, usually very good up in Vera Town, maybe next year!

See you soon

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 11:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Great News Mark,

See I told you it gets a bit scary at times, glad it all worked out for you. And I do pay attention "sometimes"........................................

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 5:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We are coming out on the 20th and returning on the 30th. We would have liked to come back the first week in January when the flights are so much cheaper, but the Wife can't get any time off then. New year at the club again this year!!

It's a shame that the big organisations have to revert to the tactics they do as I am sure there are many more people that would appreciate an honest approach when buying. If you put in the negatives as well as the positives, i'm sure not that many people would change their minds. When we had double gazing, we chose the rep that came round, took measurements, gave a price and was gone in 20 minutes!! Of course, when you go for a weekend, you have sort of tied yourself in a bit too much . No such thing as a free lunch, eh . That said, we didn't feel particularly pressured when out there as we had tons of questions for them to answer. The whole weekend was enjoyable and relaxed, but the biggest thing that lets the big boys down is the after sales service and some of the "extended" truths given.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 4:25 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, Look forward to it. By the way I'm also a token leeds person. Was born there but never lived there, does Harrogate and Bradford count. R u staying over for 3 kings or just the uk xmas? Noticed a very scatched BMW today with a certain name on the side, thought I'd tell you to make ya smile. Maybe sweet revenge for one client, I suppose it's one way to vent yr anger. See you soon!

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
According to my man in Sweden, there is a thriving Leeds fan base over there, for some unkown reason. They are currently trying to persuade all members to stump up about a tenner each, which will be enough to buy the club. (Not sure if it will also stretch to Svens salary requirements)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Funnily enough.... I don't like football, cricket or rugby. What a great place to live .

The only time I hear about the Mighty Leeds is when Chris Moyles is talking about them. On the other hand, in Sandy where I lived before moving, there are loads of Leeds supporters. How does that work?

Mark

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"I am only a token Leeds person"

That's what they all say since dropping down to 3rd division (or whatever they call it now)!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 3:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thank  you More .

coast-almeria. We are over in December for Christmas. Always up for a little drinkie . I am only a token Leeds person, we moved here about 6 years ago.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 12:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I fully understood that, Noreen, at least I know where Vera is now.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 11:27 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Morerosado

Yes I did think it was very good.

I only posted (tongue firmly in cheek) about the location following our geography discussion previously.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 11:23 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Noreen

Map "did its own thing", nothing to do with me.  It stuck arrow where it wanted. (You weren't meant to notice. ) I know Vera is south of Murcia, well, I do now.  I thought the website was quite a novelty all the same even though Mark got moved elsewhere, don't you think ? It was my way of saying Good Luck.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 8:09 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Glad to hear everything has been sorted Mark.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 6:54 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Morerosado

I think your geography is as bad as mine

Vera is atout 1 hour south of Murcia.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
16 Nov 2007 1:35 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

If you and your other half fancy a drink down in Mojacar or Vera Playa to celebrate give me a shout, always good to see some other Leeds folk.

Congrats u got there in the end!!!!!!

Good news its still in mid to high twenties in the day

Regards

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 10:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, hover on the purple arrow & click on it, to see a message. Click on it a second time to see more.

Map Locator Generator

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/15/2007.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 7:38 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Congratulations! I hope its all smooth for you - if you are not actually going to notary then thats better!!!

If you are, take a flask of tea, sandwiches and some valium!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Nov 2007 7:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Quick update. We complete at 11.00am on 30th November . Once we have gone out in December, I may get promoted to the "Happy stories only" thread.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 2:42 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Mark

As long as the property is registered with land registry builders mortgage cancellation should be paid. However we came across that problem and had to wait 3 months after completion for our refund of cancellation. We and our solicitor fought it but Halifax was having none of it. So if yours is then maybe you won't have to pay up front for it.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2007 7:48 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Quote from Roberto on the "help with this" thread.

The important thing is to remember that you chose this property because it ticked all the right boxes for you, and until you started looking around after agreeing to buy it (why do we always do that?) were presumably happy with the price. So as long as it still ticks those boxes, why not go ahead with it anyway?

That is the same thinking we came up with to our situation in the end. We have found the shortfall money without having to resort to further finance, just re- arranged a few investments, and our Son now also has a small stake in the property until we pay him back (he gets a better interest rate from us than the building society anyway ).

We have looked around other agents that have very similar properties for sale on the AA complexes and they are all priced the same. None of them will budge on the price either.

We are now waiting for our solicitor to give us the final run down of expenditure to ensure we have all the funds in place and then will complete.  Key Mare also insist on the builder's mortgage cancellation fees being paid, but with the help of Maria's quote in another thread, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they can whistle for it. All in all, a very bitter pill to swallow that MRI have done absolutely nothing over the last two weeks, despite assuring us that new valuations were in hand. I wonder if they will share their commission with me for doing their work for them .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts
halloween/guy fawkes - 0 posts
Ryannair Summer flights 2008 - 1 posts
Llanera in trouble - 1 posts
help - 2 posts
20,001 Members - 7 posts
Money transfers to spain - 8 posts
eirlys floyd - 1 posts
spanish wills. - 17 posts
Community Is The Key To Success! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 180

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x