Playa Flamenca - why so many properties for sale?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by sbunnie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Was over last month and was amazed at amount of property for sale - any reasons for this?????

Like 0      
09 Sep 2007 7:36 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi SBunnie,

Do you mean new or re-sale?

If new, that's because there are lots of new property that have just been built on what was described as the least developed part of the Southern Costa Blanca coastline.

If re-sale, then this may be because in Germany, new laws on taxation, meant that German nationals owning a second home abroad, would have to pay tax onj it in their home country too. Hence, a lot of German owners are now selling homes on Costa Blanca, a lot around Playa Flamenca.

Also, you must include in the sale boards you see, homes that have been on the market for a long time. With the market prices shifting downwards at some points in the last year, people who already had their property for sale were reluctant to drop the original price they wanted, hence they have not sold yet.

Having looked back at what I have writte, I sound like an Estate Agent!!!! I can assure you I am not!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 11:03 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

They are still building like crazy all over Orihuela Costa and about to start in San Miguel. Can't believe many of the places have been sold.Is it because when the develepors get planning permission there is an end date by which time they must have started? Hundreds and hundreds of resales!

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 7:04 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Fly, crikey I sound Japanese saying that!!!!

I think that many new builds are sold "off plan" before the building works even begins.

Most builders only start their buil when they have sold enough properties to justify the cost of the build.

this certainly is the case of the new properties being built in front of us at Playa Flamenca.

The plans show all the phases, but we know that the next phase is delayed as the builder has not sold all of the last phase.

Also, if planning permission is given, all a builder has to do is flatten the plot, put the markers in and then it can lie dormant for I think 5 years before the planning permission runs out. this is the case on the clifftop at Playa Flamenca, CB, as this is the same builder that can't start the next phase on landside near us.

As for the re-sales, must be loads of Germans selling then???!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 8:49 AM by sbunnie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby

That's v interesting about the clifftop site!

I was more concerned about the vast amount of private resales, surely can't all be Germans?  My Dad is thinking of buying a place and I'm just worried that there is some underlying reason for everyone wanting to sell up.

He's thinking of spending the winter there to see how he gets on - he's a retired widower - is there plenty going on in the off season to keep him busy?

Cheers

Sue

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 1:17 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Why not rent for the winter and see how he gets on, if he doesn't like the area then he could always move and try another.  That way at least when he makes a decision he'll know it's the correct one and won't be stuck in an area which doesn't suit him.

How does he spend his time in UK, it might help in suggesting different areas to try and clubs to join.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 3:39 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
A lot of the sellers are, indeed, the Germans.  Their new obergruppenfuhrer Merkel slapped a 40% tax on foreign homes and it's becoming a bit expensive for them to live here, now.  Obviously, not all of them are Germans.  There are 5 houses in our little community for sale.  3 are Germans, 1 Belgian and 1 Brit.  The Brit, by the way, is me and I'm selling purely to upgrade from a top duplex to a house as my holiday visits are over and I will be living here permanently.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 5:39 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
We have bought 2 places in Playa Flamenca this year a great many of the re sales are germans when we were looking nearly half of all the proprties we were shown had German owners.the area is also busy all year round as it has a large ex pat community most of the facilities stay open all year round.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 6:43 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi SBunnie,

JPD & Bobaol & Semijubilada have answered you perfectly!

I wish your Dad good luck and hope he finds his ideal home in time.

Bobaol, are you trying to make us all jealous?................

............ selling your duplex to get a bigger permanant home as you are going to be in Spain full time..............???

Well, you succeeded!!!!

I am soooooooo jealous, but good luck to you, one day it will be me!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 7:13 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry Fibby, but I am moving out permanently.  Every time I come back to UK I miss Spain quicker and quicker (never even got off the plane last time before I missed it).  When we bought 4 or 5 years ago, we thought we'd just use it for holidays.  Now I'm taking early retirement and, even though it is just the two of us, we now have five grandkids and the duplex (top floor, 2 beds) gets a bit crowded (not all grandkids come over at the same time).  Daughter plus hubby plus two kids plus us 2 in a 2 bed place is a bit of a hassle.  Daughter plus 3 kids (boy 12, girl 9, boy 6) plus us 2 is also crowded so we are going for a 3 bed semi in the Quesada area.  With just the 2 of us most of the time, we will convert the downstairs bedroom to a dining room most of the year and put a blow up bed in there when we get visited.

I wanna live in a place where I can wear shorts and polo shirts all the time (well, most of the time), don't have to commute every morning (currently 12 miles up the M1 which can take an hour) and don't have to wear a suit and tie every day.  Plus the weather is great for the OH arthritis.  She heals up magnificently after 2 or 3 days there.  Oh, and as a dirty pariah of a smoker (yes, I carry the bell and scream unclean) plus liking a tipple now and again (and again, and again, and again) I feel my pension will go a lot further over there.  And just love the food....well, could go on and on (and on, and on, and on) but suffice to say, moving over next year FOR GOOD.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 7:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well done you Bobaol!!!

It will be lovely to have more space for your family.

We have a 2 bed now, and 3 Grandchildren since Cassie arrived on 13th Aug! So I understand your problems!

We would like to retire late next year and plan to have long spells in Spain.

Not quite ready to give up the UK house, just feel we should have something here "in case".

We have lived in this house since 1982 so I think it's just too homely!

As for the smoking and drinking, I'm with you on that one!

But, I must say, that I am down to 5 cigs (on a bad day, 2 on a good day) since I started using patches.

I was smoking 25 odd a day, now that is disgusting!!!!

As for the drinkin, the more the (hic) merrier!!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 8:30 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

bobaol,

Know exactly what you mean. How hard it is to leave Spain. We get back, full of depression and book a long weekend for a few weeks later. We have been home a week now and have booked another 6 days in October. We were not supposed to go back until December....but far too long to wait. May just get another weekend (or two) before December 20th-January 13th.

I think, you just get that gut feeling that it feels right to be there.

Good luck to you, life is too short to wait around. Grab life while you can and enjoy every day as it comes.

John and Trish x

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Information on Healthcare etc in Spain provided by Age Concern - 2 posts
Allegations period of Marbella PGOU open till September the 30th - 1 posts
Confusion - 4 posts
Internet - 2 posts
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria details please - 4 posts
BBQ's - 21 posts
Order of Postings - 14 posts
deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts
Cost of rewiring - 1 posts
Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x